My verdict on BF3...

JSG10

Expert
Ha I was playing yesterday evening on Caspian border, I got in the tank and thought hmm I wonder if I can hit that attack chopper, my mate tells me I have no chance. One shot is all it took to take that thing out of the sky haha :p I surprised myself tbh lol, dont think I could ever take that shot again, it was blumin miles away lol.

Done this a couple of times, love doing it :D Taken both helis and jets out the air with a tank :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
AT Mines are not UP!

I swear every time johake and myself were riding about the map last night we got done by a AT Mine...same guy each time too...grrrr :D

MeveM

Bright Spark
AT Mines are not UP!

I swear every time johake and myself were riding about the map last night we got done by a AT Mine...same guy each time too...grrrr :D

:( He was really nasty, and I think DED survived for about 5 seconds in the air with his plane xD That server was packed with engineers :p

Stappa

Enthusiast
I'm not putting much time into BF3 so I'm still at lvl 7 I think,with very few unlocks.....But I'm enjoying the game more and more,I'm using the AT mines with some real successes,I just wish that unlocks came around quicker lol.Not being a BF die-hard is there a quicker way of getting these unlocks??,I'm dropping ammo,spotting enemies etc but my progress is slow the most I've scored in 1 round is 1900,but average 800-1200 ish??

Any advice lads??

Dayve

I don't think AT mines are underpowered. I've driven over them in a tank at 100% hit points and been destroyed instantly, not just disabled but destroyed. The explosion they make is pretty enormous too.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I'm not putting much time into BF3 so I'm still at lvl 7 I think,with very few unlocks.....But I'm enjoying the game more and more,I'm using the AT mines with some real successes,I just wish that unlocks came around quicker lol.Not being a BF die-hard is there a quicker way of getting these unlocks??,I'm dropping ammo,spotting enemies etc but my progress is slow the most I've scored in 1 round is 1900,but average 800-1200 ish??

Any advice lads??

What type of unlocks exactly? Weapons or Level?

Weapon unlocks are attachments.
Level unlocks are things like extra ammo, improved suppressing fire and different ammo as well as class wide weapons.

Best way of getting weapon unlocks (and only way?) is to simply kill things.
As for leveling, conquest by taking flag points is by far the best way. Spot a enemy? 10 points, worthless in a point aspect. Kill assists and suppressing fire assists give a lot of points, almost the same as killing the target yourself. Making a flag point neutral is 150 points, taking it is 200 points, so that's 350 points itself, and if you kill 1 player to get it, 450 points, now just repeat that process over and over again, and kill people between the points. You also get extra points for killing a player whilest defending a flag point. So those 100 point kills turn into 100+100 I believe.

So the point is, best way to get points? Play the game as it's ment to, take objectives, defend objectives.

Dayve

Am I reading it wrong, the scar does less damage according to the chart you linked?

He linked the "rounds to kill" part of the chart. At 1, 5 and 10 meters the SCAR takes 3 rounds to kill a full health enemy, as opposed to the other engineer weapons which take 4. At 15, 20, 25 and 35 meters it takes 4 rounds to kill full health enemy, other engineer weapons take 5.