Nearly there

uklightman

Well it's built and the wait is nearly over. So looking forward to delivery, wish I still lived in Holmfirth so I could collect it :D .

If this don't run my FSX Flight Sim, nothing will!

My specification is as follows::winkiss:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-990X (3.46GHz) 6.4GTs/12MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Memory (RAM)
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (3 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready

2nd Graphics Card
1536MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX580 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DirectX® 11, 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD20EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W PRO SERIES (HX1000) 80+ MODULAR PSU

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
Bigfoot Killer 2100 PCI-E Gigabit LAN Card - Max Performance Online Gaming

USB Options
NZXT INTERNAL USB HEADER (4 Additional Powered Internal USB Ports)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If there Is anything that setup won't run over the next few years, we're all wasting our money.

uklightman

Your right there vanthus, if it doesn't do FSX Flight Sim, I'm giving up IT completely :)

I need it to cope just under five years, before I order the next one.

uklightman

Well it's here, all set up and roaring!!! Well done PCS Guys, a neat job (I should know as I'm in IT myself). Most of all, thanks for the packaging, my wife told me the DHL Driver rolled the box from the van to my front door!!! He's so lucky I wasn't home. The packaging meant that the contents survived that ordeal.

My PC is something else. I will definitely buy my next PC here in 4-5 years time.

Nobody will get any sense out of me for at least three months, when I will review my status again :)

Nemesis

Haha
Youll be off the radar for the forseeable future is it? :)
Post us up some pics and +rep you shall behold!

Enjoy and dont be surprised if you notice your electricity bill double XD

JSG10

Expert
4-5 years? I should hope that rig will last at least double that!
I do hope you'll be using it for more than just Flight Sim though! Get the most out of that beast or I'll come and take it away from you :p lol

Get some pics up :)

uklightman

Electric bill is so high anyway :) Had a new gas boiler fitted which should cut my gas bill by 30%, so will be compensated by that. My previous rig was 750W and have updated the other family members with lower wattage machines, they are happy :)

I must say I was impressed with the SSD, it loaded windows 7 from a reformatted state to desktop, up and running, in less than 15 minutes (actually more like 12), it took me totally by surprise.

Windows 7 rating was 7.3. Graphics cards came out at 7.9 (the highest rating). I was getting 83mbps download speed on my virgin cable 50mbps modem using Bigfoot network card.

Will post the figures when I settle down :)

Yes JSG10 mainly do flight simulator but do a lot of media, graphics and web design as well.

For any flight simmers looking at this, FSX was running at around +/- 40fps (I had set this at 40fps in the setup as well) and had no stutter. It was sweet as a nut. The best it's ever flown.