Need a new car...

Deklore

Bright Spark
Screw doing that in a Saxo!

My brother used to have a rusty old Morris Minor, he took me along a B road at 80mph. Had to be up there as one of the scariest moments of my life, the speedo was bouncing at the top and it felt like it was gonna fall apart. Lol

LOL who needs rollercoasters when you have Morris Minors on B roads. You should try it in an original mini. Im guessing that would be a bottom tightening experience too :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I should bet getting my Subara Legacy soon. Dead Excited.

Bout some car cleaning stuff and gonna get some decent shampoo and wax to protect the paint work. Gonna try RainX too (clicky) looks pretty smart

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I bought a meguiars kit when I got my car, still haven't cracked it out the box :( Everytime I go to do it we seem to get rain storms and my journey to work is down country lanes so it would only get filthy again anyway.

I've taken it for the occasional jet wash though which is probably killing my paint but oh well :D

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
A shifty group of bulgarians at my local sports club wash, wax and interior mine for £10... they do it well too! I'm sure they declare it all to the taxman too...:yes:

bigben

Master Poster
A shifty group of bulgarians at my local sports club wash, wax and interior mine for £10... they do it well too! I'm sure they declare it all to the taxman too...:yes:

They have people like that at Sainsburys! I think it's only a fiver as well. edit: just realised you said interior as well. they don't do that.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well, I did consider having the chaps up the road wash the car weekly. Although, i spent a little time researching how to wash a car using a two bucket method. I was reliably informed that not using this method will damage the paint work/scratches/swirls. Last thing i want is to ruin the near perfect paintwork on the car. My current car, has been ruined a little by lack of bodywork maintenance.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I've washed my dad's cars for many years with one bucket of water/car wash soap and a sponge, never caused any damage :)

Wait...is the "Two Bucket Method" something similar to the "Three Seashells"? If so, I'd rather not know! :D

Corfate

Author Level
If you catch the car in the sun, you'll see all the paint has swirls all over it from incorrect washing.

The purpose of two buckets is so that you have the shampoo and clean water in one, then rinse water in the other. When you run the washmitt (NOT SPONGE) over the car, it'll pick up grit, dirt etc. If you put the mitt back into the clean bucket, all that grit will end up in the bucket and mix in with your nice clean water. It'll be floating around the bucket, so when you rinse, you'll still have grit on your mitt when you put it back on the paint. If you have a bucket designated especially for rinsing, all the grit goes to the bottom of that, leaving you with a nice clean shampoo bucket with no grit or crap in it.

By the end, you'll have one nice clean bucket, and one with murky water in it.

I say washmitt because it has deep pours (I think is the word), so it pulls the grit etc off the paint. A sponge doesn't, and it just stays on the surface and will act like sandpaper..

-end paragraph-

bigben

Master Poster
If you catch the car in the sun, you'll see all the paint has swirls all over it from incorrect washing.

The purpose of two buckets is so that you have the shampoo and clean water in one, then rinse water in the other. When you run the washmitt (NOT SPONGE) over the car, it'll pick up grit, dirt etc. If you put the mitt back into the clean bucket, all that grit will end up in the bucket and mix in with your nice clean water. It'll be floating around the bucket, so when you rinse, you'll still have grit on your mitt when you put it back on the paint. If you have a bucket designated especially for rinsing, all the grit goes to the bottom of that, leaving you with a nice clean shampoo bucket with no grit or crap in it.

By the end, you'll have one nice clean bucket, and one with murky water in it.

I say washmitt because it has deep pores (I think is the word), so it pulls the grit etc off the paint. A sponge doesn't, and it just stays on the surface and will act like sandpaper..

-end paragraph-
Fyp :)
I used a hosepipe that time I washed my car.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Cor...are you one of those people that you see washing their car every other day (sometimes every day), including polishing, in case it gets a tiny bit of dirt on? Even if you aren't, I shall pretend you are :)

People seem to care a lot about their cars...it is like people that love their pets just that little bit too much; you can over think it sometimes :)

Corfate

Author Level
Cor...are you one of those people that you see washing their car every other day (sometimes every day), including polishing, in case it gets a tiny bit of dirt on? Even if you aren't, I shall pretend you are :)

People seem to care a lot about their cars...it is like people that love their pets just that little bit too much; you can over think it sometimes :)

Haha nah i'm not, i just don't see the point in scratching your car by washing it incorrectly haha

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I promise I have never scratched a car using one bucket and a sponge :)

One of the fire crew at the airport once left a nice big swirly scratch on the door of the CEO's Jag when washing it...we think he used a brillo pad or summit :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
so, as Corfate has given the car washing lesson.

what would you guys say is the best way to sell a used car?

I will need to get rid of my 1.2 seat ibiza, its got 78k miles on the clock. A bit of rust on the front wheel arches but its not in that bad nick really.

I have never sold a car, so probably wouldnt know where to start. Any ideas?

keynes

Multiverse Poster

He belongs to an owners Peugeot club, does that count? :)