Need a new car...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I washed and waxed my car on Saturday, corfate is correct with his 2-bucket method :yes:

It was fun this morning watching all the rain water bead around my car into little blobs because of the wax.

As for selling your car, I'd just try Ebay for something like that. I just took mine to auction but you'll probably only get £300 for it. Depends how rough the condition is, mine needed tax, tyres, brake discs, service, etc etc so I didn't fancy selling private and figured some dealer at an auction would benefit off it more.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
As this is now the official PCS Car Washing thread (you should really change the thread title now that you have sorted your car tom :) ), I shall report on my work this weekend.

In a subconscious two fingers up to the "2 Bucket Method", I washed both dad's Jag and mum's 1 Series...with 1 bucket!

That's right. I washed the Jag with about 3/5ths of a bucket, then used the remaining 2/5ths (which according to this thread is tantamount to toxic waste at this point) to wash the BMW.

DED - Saving the planet 3 less buckets of water at a time :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Soon Dead, soon. You'll pay.

I can't believe you use a sponge though, sponges are for wheels, not bodywork! Get yo microfibre mitt out! And show me your wax on, wax off method on that jag! Bloody sponge, pfft!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, maybe the wrong forum, but I went to see the car today and fancy getting a new gear knob. (dont ask lol)

so, chaps, I need you to tell me which looks the best.

One, two or three

edit, scrap number two, I don't think it fits.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
lol, maybe the wrong forum, but I went to see the car today and fancy getting a new gear knob. (dont ask lol)

so, chaps, I need you to tell me which looks the best.

One, two or three

edit, scrap number two, I don't think it fits.

a gear knob? You are going Corfate now, first the gear knob then........ owners club?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
a gear knob? You are going Corfate now, first the gear knob then........ owners club?

lol... hahah

I'm actually tempted to get a bonnet like this on mine.. .

media

tom_gr7

Life Serving
so, just washed the car.... bloody shattered now.

Although, It does look alot better. Shame i never did it in the first place :(

ps ded, just because you are probably wondering, yes i used the correct two bucket method ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
-.-

So, my seat is having igition coil problems AGAIN!!!!

Raaarrrrrrrrrrraaaaaarrrrrrraaaaagggggggeeeeeeeeeeee

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
See, due to your inept use of capitalisation tom, I spent 5 minutes Googling trying to work out what could possibly have happened to facilitate an ignition coil problem in your seat. I mean granted they do a lot of things nowadays, like electric moving doohickies and can be heated, but your problem sounded really serious...

...Then I realised what you meant :)

(Mind you, as I don't know jack about how cars work, I then spent 10 minutes Googling what an ignition coil was and what possible problems it could have. And now I know :)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
See, due to your inept use of capitalisation tom, I spent 5 minutes Googling trying to work out what could possibly have happened to facilitate an ignition coil problem in your seat. I mean granted they do a lot of things nowadays, like electric moving doohickies and can be heated, but your problem sounded really serious...

...Then I realised what you meant :)

(Mind you, as I don't know jack about how cars work, I then spent 10 minutes Googling what an ignition coil was and what possible problems it could have. And now I know :)

This is brilliant.

In all fairness, Tom should have spelt Seat with a capital 'S' :D