CPU Intel Core i7-10700K (3.8GHz)
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
Memory 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz
Graphics Card 8GB GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
SSD 1 SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500
SSD 2 SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500
PSU Corsair 750W RM SERIES MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD
CPU Cooling Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series

Monitor - BENQ ZOWIE XL2411P 1920 x 1080 @ 144Hz - Already have this!

I know i could have gone amd but i always had intel ;)

current setup i7 7700k + Gtx 1070 :)

Had 3 gaming computers built by PCS over the years, im long time customer just never really used forums before... so hello everyone ;)

Thoughts on new spec ;)

Citrus_9

Expert
I know i could have gone amd but i always had intel ;)
Well, that's not a serious reasoning to support the statement, so have a read first and then tell me what you think ;)

Citrus_9

Expert

What's your budget and games will be played? Is this for just gaming or also editing, streaming?

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Only reason i need is i love intel
You love security flaws and thermal issues?

So... you leave the front door to your house unlocked when you’re out and set it on fire when you’re in?

In all seriousness, it’s a really unwise move to go Intel at this point in time. My last system (bought in 2013) was Intel, at that stage AMD were a bit of a joke. But when I bought a new PC last year it became blatantly clear that the tables really have turned. AMD are streets ahead now and Intel have so much catching up to do it’s unreal. You’re going to be buying an end of life processor, sockets and architecture are due to change for Intel within the next year so you’re seriously limiting your options in terms of upgrades. It’s literally a dead end.

At the end of the day, it is your money to do with as you see fit but you won’t be getting the most out of your spend. All we want is to help people get the best possible system for their hard earned cash... you simply won’t get that with a current Intel chip.

MrWilson

Godlike
Pros and Cons with anything you buy these days, but im not worried im very happy with the spec ive paid for thanks ;)
If you're happy with your spec then that's great, but if you post in a thread called 'Check this spec!' you should expect some feedback.
Objectively, AMD is the better choice over Intel at present.
If you don't want feedback then I don't know why you've posted it here and asked for thoughts. We are happy to work with you to optimise your new build to your budget and usage requirements, but also equally happy to leave you be if you don't want to change anything.

MidwinterMakes

I know a lot of people are going on about AMD vs Intel, and yes AMD are clearly the superior choice, but at the end of the day, if you’re happy with your machine, then it’s a good choice.

Yes Intel have their issues and aren’t the better choice these days by a long shot, but if you’re happy, you’re happy!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Guys, there are lots of other aspects of the proposed build that could be commented on I think - not just the Intel vs AMD question - as much as I might agree with the ‘AMD is best’ viewpoint.

I really think an effort should be made to not take offence when specific advice is rejected and unintentionally (or otherwise) shut the discussion down.

Healthy discussion is a sharing of viewpoints only. No one is required to do what anyone here says is best. A bit like my Chocolate and Caffeine habit that ignores my Doctors advice and family history...... 🙄

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Guys, there are lots of other aspects of the proposed build that could be commented on I think - not just the Intel vs AMD question - as much as I might agree with the ‘AMD is best’ viewpoint.

I really think an effort should be made to not take offence when specific advice is rejected and unintentionally (or otherwise) shut the discussion down.

Healthy discussion is a sharing of viewpoints only. No one is required to do what anyone here says is best. A bit like my Chocolate and Caffeine habit that ignores my Doctors advice and family history...... 🙄
I agree. For example, the OP is missing out by having 2 off SATA SSDs and not including an m.2 drive.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED

It's not really anything like that though so that's a poor analogy. Chocolate and coffee you get a short term benefit from taste, caffeine etc. even it does also come with some unfortunate long term effects.

Intel literally gives you no benefit. At all. In any way.

A better analogy would be saying you stick to VHS tapes after dvd and blurays came along because you've always loved VHS and they've served you well.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I agree. For example, the OP is missing out by having 2 off SATA SSDs and not including an m.2 drive.
Yes - there’s room for two M.2’s on that motherboard - both PCIe 3.0 so 3,500MB/s Max. But still the load times compared to SSD would be on a different planet, even with the cheapest M.2.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It's not really anything like that though so that's a poor analogy. Chocolate and coffee you get a short term benefit from taste, caffeine etc. even it does also come with some unfortunate long term effects.

Intel literally gives you no benefit. At all. In any way.

A better analogy would be saying you stick to VHS tapes after dvd and blurays came along because you've always loved VHS and they've served you well.
Your last paragraph makes my point exactly. A VHS lover is happy with them. That’s fine. He doesn’t need to move to Blu-Ray just to be able to have a discussion on here. That’s all I’m trying to say.

His preference for VHS doesn’t mean you are obliged to refuse giving him advice on movies.....

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Your last paragraph makes my point exactly. A VHS lover is happy with them. That’s fine. He doesn’t need to move to Blu-Ray just to be able to have discussion on here. That’s all I’m trying to say.

His preference for VHS doesn’t mean you are obliged to refuse giving him advice on movies.....
He's not asking for advice on movies though. He asked for feedback on his use of VHS.

Bhuna50

Author Level

Healthy discussion is a sharing of viewpoints only. No one is required to do what anyone here says is best. A bit like my Chocolate and Caffeine habit that ignores my Doctors advice and family history...... [emoji849]

The OP made it clear he is happy with his spec so people have moved on to help others now.

Other aspects weren’t mentioned to start with because switching to AMD would require a completely new config start so people were trying to get that selection sorted to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
He's not asking for advice on movies though. He asked for feedback on his use of VHS.
OK - this is getting a bit silly now. I won’t mention this topic again as the thread is going off the rails and crashing down the hillside.

Just because he wants to stick with Intel and doesn’t want AMD has nothing to do with anyone’s ability to give him advice on his Intel build - Motherboard, RAM, peripherals, another Intel chip, etc.

Telling him coming here was pointless just because he won’t do what we say and change to AMD is unhelpful at best and elitist at worst.

Just help the guy/girl out for goodness sake!! Be nice! That’s what this Forum is all about from all I have seen!!

(Sorry Andjef796 I stepped on you accidentally.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.