New Website Design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
new_home.jpg

What does everybody think? Feedback & suggestions? Improvements?

Most of all, do you like it better than the current design?

Note: We are only changing the left, right, header and footer sections. The rest of the website will remain very similar if not the same.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im personally put off by sites with dark backgrounds, i dont know if thats just me
add capitals to titles, on the 6 sections in the middle, some start with caps, some don't...
I prefer the look of Overclocked to OverClocked

just some suggestions, hope they help

Xoil

I love it! Any live preview?
But yhea that OverClocked thing annoys me a bit, keep it Overclocked

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
PD1H6.jpg

Now I like the old PCS website, but I like the proposed new PCS website...but which is better? There's only one way to find out!

A NON-VIOLENT DIPLOMATIC RESOLUTION INVOLVING REPRESENTATIVES FROM BOTH SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDES!!!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I have bad eyes and as a result always find it hard to read white on black, its a problem quite a lot of people have, it glares way too much. Its not bad but tbh needs a lot of work. Also apart from the capitalization others have pointed out for the middle sections, either have the title bar of each middle section the same as the top left one or have them the same as the rest, looks very odd mix and matched.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback so far. A few points to note:

1. Please ignore the middle section - the main area we are looking at is the left, right, top and bottom sections.

2. The screenshot was taken at 1024 x 768. As with our existing website this will be allowed to expand to 1280 width and will therefore look less cramped.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nice layout,but I personally immediately lose interest in any sites with dark backgrounds.

Tom DWC

I like.

I actually think the lower case looks good and suits the font and design, and contrasts well with the all upper case. Though yeah I guess you wouldn't wanna mix and match, with the exception of the nav bar which is fine. Footer's good with facebook/twitter integration. Colour scheme is great. Overall nice and spaced out, not too cluttered.

Plenty of room for a big shiny forum link at the bottom. :yes:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Look at this image instead:

new_home1.jpg

Attachments

• new_home1.jpg
    new_home1.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 106

rosgor

Bronze Level Poster
Make sure it is not too dark, I got driven away from a custom PC website due to the background being very dark, which made it look unprofessional.

Also the buttons at the top of the page will look good IMO if they were like curved on the edges, or had a highlight or change colour of the button when you hover over it :D

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I personally prefer the old one. However, I don't think the new one is that bad, I think it has potential but I'd say things like the wordings like 'desktop' on the top left and 'laptop' needs to have capital letters, I think they should be 'Desktops' and 'Laptops' but that is my opinion. Also, I don't like the '-' between the 'over' and the 'clocked'. However, these are just my views, go by the majority.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think the setup on post 12 looks good, but not really a fan of the dark really, just reminds me of alienware a little too much.

saying that I will still always buy from you guys anyway, :)

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I quite like the new positive colour contrast at the top and bottom but with the negative contrast in the middle it might not be good for people with eyesight problems, if you could change the middle to follow the same style I think it would look pretty good :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Could do with a more noticeable link to the forums? :p Just thought of that :)

+1 to that ;)

I like the darker look you have tried for the forums as i have eye problems looking at all the bright white web pages all day and tbh i wish more websites would go for a darker look, infact it's a real shame all websites can't be customised by the user to have a light or dark colour option so they can use what is better for themselves.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
+1 to that ;)

I like the darker look you have tried for the forums as i have eye problems looking at all the bright white web pages all day and tbh i wish more websites would go for a darker look, infact it's a real shame all websites can't be customised by the user to have a light or dark colour option so they can use what is better for themselves.

well the answer to google would be blackle, if you didnt know about it already

Status
Not open for further replies.