NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

Gavras

Master Poster
Will be holding back for a little, let early adopters find those fun issues.

Equally, will see what else pops up between now and Christmas.

Definitely pleased I held back from buying a new monitor and card with my August build PC.

where are the modern PC bottle necks with these cards Fitted and decent monitor?

D

Deleted member 41971

Just imagine these cards when DDR5 ram finally comes out, (y)

crutey87

Hi all

The announcement has been made.

The details are as follows:

3090 - Replacement for Titan with 24Gb VRAM @ $1500 (down from current version which is $2500) Current price on configurator £1610.

- STARTING @ $699 Current price on configurator £792. No one saw it coming in that cheap! The estimation is that there may be 2 versions, one with 10Gb VRAM and one with more, some saying up to 20Gb, but that doesn't make much sense to me for a gaming card - been corrected by @Scott who says it may be aimed at 8k resolutions which I hadn’t considered possible)

3070 - Claimed as more powerful than the 2080ti????? My guess is that is related to Ray Tracing performance and not raw gaming power. Await 3rd party reviews on that! @ $500 Current price on configurator £567

How these translate to £ remains to be seen but expect a straight $-£ conversion

Obviously major major improvements in Ray Tracing and DLSS (now up to 8k)

New technologies for Streamers - NVidia Broadcast, pretty significant background audio silencing, plus really effective background overlays and effects. Looks pretty good actually considering it will be free:

New Gamers technology related to refresh rate - NVidia Reflex, a technology that should boost esports play by reducing graphics latency:

New SSD/HDD throughput improvements - RTX IO, supposed to improve on data access on drives, an answer to Sony's upcoming SSD access times improvements:

A few YouTubers thoughts:

JayzTwoCents, worth a look:

And one from GamersNexus (always more balanced)

And of course, Linus's take on it:

Hardware Unboxed thoughts:

If we order now do you think you’re gairentees to get one by the end of Spetember?
It's very possible you will be able to get 2x 3090s in a system. The way the cooling works suggests that they will be very efficient so I don't think cooling will be a problem. You have a hybrid method of working with some of the air being circulated and some of it being exhausted. It's an excellent solution if it works the way it's intended and suggested.

If your case is the H500M then you could have one card vertical and one horizontal (I believe).
If I order a system now with the 3090 do you think it’s likely that I’ll get this before the end of September?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If we order now do you think you’re gairentees to get one by the end of Spetember?

If I order a system now with the 3090 do you think it’s likely that I’ll get this before the end of September?
You can't order until they're released.

crutey87

When i looked, any new system builds in the config pages, had all of the 3000 series cards grayed out.
It’s not greyed out for me. It allows me to select it but I’ve not gone as far as confirming the order so maybe it would stop me once I tried to confirm the order

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s not greyed out for me. It allows me to select it but I’ve not gone as far as confirming the order so maybe it would stop me once I tried to confirm the order
Are you sure you're selecting 3000 series and not 2000's? 3000's aren't selectable until their in stock. You can select them, but it won't let you proceed. If you look closely they're greyed out and have a note next to them when they're in stock.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Hmm odd. I know people who have already ordered their system (but not had them dispatched) can change their orders to the new cards, with the obvious delay to the 17th of September??

crutey87

Are you sure you're selecting 3000 series and not 2000's? 3000's aren't selectable until their in stock. You can select them, but it won't let you proceed. If you look closely they're greyed out and have a note next to them when they're in stock.
You can select them if you go on the configurator on your phone but not if you use a laptop/pc. I’ve just tested it out

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You can select them if you go on the configurator on your phone but not if you use a laptop/pc. I’ve just tested it out
Yes, you can select them, but they state the date their in stock next to the GPU name, and if you proceed it says you have to choose something else.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can I just say, I knew the 3090 was going to be big by it's dimensoins and the fact it's a Tri-Slot card...but it just looks so much bigger when seeing someone holding it :eek:

View attachment 18268
I think Jensen is secretly very small :ROFLMAO:

Via the dimensions, it's no bigger than some current 2080ti tripple slot models out there.

And look at the way he's holding it... who would hold anything like that? He's literally holding it with his fingertips!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
3080 showing 35-50% performance increase over the 2080ti in Nvidia's latest video. That's actually insane for the price

Vid:
Couldn’t agree more. I fully expected it to come in at £800 and without quite as much of a performance leap.

D

Deleted member 41971

found this on reddit with the title "This is how a rog 3090 looks like when installed on a Mobo" I have not directly linked as not sure regarding outside site links

Screenshot_2020-09-04 reddit - Copy.png

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Looks like they haven't gone for the OEM cooling solution or the power so that will be interesting to see.