NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

To those who have spoken to PCS about wait times, what did they say? Is the ballpark for clearing the week one backlog 'a few weeks' or 'end of the year'? I'm tempted to dial my order down to a 2070S and upgrade next year – though I'd hate to do it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
To those who have spoken to PCS about wait times, what did they say? Is the ballpark for clearing the week one backlog 'a few weeks' or 'end of the year'? I'm tempted to dial my order down to a 2070S and upgrade next year – though I'd hate to do it.
That would be completely insane, completely pointless for the sake of waiting for a month or so. Patience is a virtue.

No one knows stocks at the moment, literally no one, PCS can’t give an estimate.

That would be completely insane, completely pointless for the sake of waiting for a month or so. Patience is a virtue.

No one knows stocks at the moment, literally no one, PCS can’t give an estimate.

I agree, and yet, when the night is dark, the mind drifts. What if, what if. Time moves forward. And I wait.

yousaidit

Based on my discussion with PCS they have orders with different graphics card makers for the RTX 3080 which are due every week. At the moment they just can’t guarantee that suppliers will deliver what was asked.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Me checking every hour waiting for ROG stock

1600859298507.png

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Here's my new RTX 3080 PC guys! Its a Zotac card. Specs are below. If anyone would like more information, let me know!

PCS have done me proud on this! The only little worry is the GPU is angled slightly downwards, due to the weight of it I believe. I will have to look at that to make sure its not causing any damage.

View attachment 18578

CaseNZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core CPU (4.7GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm White LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
How is the GPU looking since you said it was slightly angled? Shifted in travel or just so big and heavy?

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Just upped my case to the Fractal S2 for more space / airflow. Had the NZXT but seems they are not great space wise?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just upped my case to the Fractal S2 for more space / airflow. Had the NZXT but seems they are not great space wise?
The Fractals are amazing cases, not just for space and looks, but primarily performance, they're usually some of the top performers for cooling, excellent choice.

NZXT's are more looks over performance imho.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
The Fractals are amazing cases, not just for space and looks, but primarily performance, they're usually some of the top performers for cooling, excellent choice.

NZXT's are more looks over performance imho.
This makes me glad I wasn’t going mad and being paranoid haha. When you’re spending over 2.5k another 70 euro ain’t the worst!

lawrencea110

I have the NZXT 511 and even though it looks amazing, the airflow isnt top notch. The radiator for the CPU cooler (Corsair H115i Platinum) doesnt get enough air through the side panel.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine