NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster

JohnWalton981

Silver Level Poster
You order the required RGB pin that your MoBo dictates and it plugs in there.

20200923_210238.jpg

20200923_210150.jpg

20200923_210051.jpg

D

Deleted member 41971

I did check and I don't have an 8k monitor ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any common trend in those with issues? Same PSU wattage perhaps?
I'm guessing it's a VBIOS issue related to voltages if it's only happening on factory overclocked cards. Hopefully anyway, I'd expect them to release a firmware update to fix.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I'm guessing it's a VBIOS issue related to voltages if it's only happening on factory overclocked cards. Hopefully anyway, I'd expect them to release a firmware update to fix.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what are factory overclocked cards? As in I’ve ordered a ROG Strix 3080 so what category does this fall into?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought it was the non OC version?
Ah, you're right, my bad, sorry, it's just got a rolled in overclock feature to 1740 from the default 1710, but it's 1710 out of the box.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Ah, you're right, my bad, sorry, it's just got a rolled in overclock feature to 1740 from the default 1710, but it's 1710 out of the box.

Sorry I'm so confused right now. So your saying that the non OC model has like a OC mode?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry I'm so confused right now. So your saying that the non OC model has like a OC mode?
Yeah, it comes with ASUS GPU Tweak II which is an Asus tool which can set a clock to 1740.... not sure how much benefit that will actually give, it's a pretty minimal overclock:

OC Mode - 1740 MHz (Boost Clock)
Gaming Mode (Default) - GPU Boost Clock : 1710 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1440 MHz

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
Yeah, it comes with ASUS GPU Tweak II which is an Asus tool which can set a clock to 1740.... not sure how much benefit that will actually give, it's a pretty minimal overclock:

OC Mode - 1740 MHz (Boost Clock)
Gaming Mode (Default) - GPU Boost Clock : 1710 MHz , GPU Base Clock : 1440 MHz

Ah I get ya. Sorry im new to a this stuff and learning.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
To those who have spoken to PCS about wait times, what did they say? Is the ballpark for clearing the week one backlog 'a few weeks' or 'end of the year'? I'm tempted to dial my order down to a 2070S and upgrade next year – though I'd hate to do it.

Don't do it bro! I was thinking of just switching to the 2080TI as I'm itching to get my game on especialy now Squad has been released. You know the saying though "good things one to those who wait"

D

Deleted member 103489

Well just placed order on the 3090

also phoned them to say if they could add the braided psu cables to my list, all seemed to go smoothly

They did say this would either be zotac or gigabyte which to be fair i am not to bothered about.

Maybe nex't year i may think about getting 2nd one Lol

expecting to arrive nex't week :-o

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster

ASUS Strix OC review

This hopefully means that the normal versions are not too far behind.