One-liners

D

Deleted member 41971

Screenshot_2021-03-20 The 50 Best Gamer Jokes Pictures Only - Copy.png

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As a nautical man, you may enjoy another seafaring joke...

There’s a big sale on paddles at the marine supply store today, it’s quite the oar-deal.
OK, a true sailing story (not a one-liner but not long)...

Many years back we were sailing our yacht northwards towards Corfu from the Lefkas canal (in the Greek Ionian). The wind was pretty strong from the north so we were close hauled and regularly tacking through the wind to make our northerly passage. My wife got a phone call from her mom and since we were on each tack for about 30 minutes she answered it. Well, you know what mothers and daughters are like when they start talking. After a while I could see the coast of mainland Greece approaching on the bow at a good 8 knots (trust me, that's fast in a 45-foot sailboat). I gave my wife as long on the phone as I dared and then told her that she needed to finish because we'd need to tack (it takes two to tack a boat that size). She said to her mom "I have to go, we're tacking". In a high pitched panicky voice that even I could hear on the helm her mom screamed "who's attacking you, should I call the police?"....

Bhuna50

Author Level
I’ve got a great joke about time travel, but no-one here liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
My favourite lines (quotes really) are two my Dad used all the time - stolen from Ben Franklin and Will Rogers I believe:

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

and

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

Stephen M

Author Level
My favourite lines (quotes really) are two my Dad used all the time - stolen from Ben Franklin and Will Rogers I believe:

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."

and

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock."
Along those lines, have always loved Groucho Marx's line: "I would never join a club that would have me as a member."

I used to paraphrase that when asked if I was married, with: "I would never marry a woman who would accept me as a husband."

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Along those lines, have always loved Groucho Marx's line: "I would never join a club that would have me as a member."

I used to paraphrase that when asked if I was married, with: "I would never marry a woman who would accept me as a husband."
Similarly - as a young lad in my first proper job - about two weeks in - a particularly gruff old longtimer saw me and said "You're still here? They must really want you - not because you're any good, they're just really stuck for people." And then he walked away.....

D

Deleted member 41971

Similarly - as a young lad in my first proper job - about two weeks in - a particularly gruff old longtimer saw me and said "You're still here? They must really want you - not because you're any good, they're just really stuck for people." And then he walked away.....

funny enough same thing was said to me :LOL:

D

Deleted member 41971

the exact words were, "we don't want people like you but as no one else wants it either you will have to stay" :ROFLMAO: