One-liners

D

Deleted member 41971

It’s an old Steven Wright joke. My absolute favourite of his is:

Sponges grow in the ocean, that just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if they didn’t.

my fav Steven Wright joke is

"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

D

Deleted member 41971

I think I my all time favourite was Dave Allen. But none of his best quotes worth mentioning come close to being one-liners!

dave allan was great, he did a bit about getting older, from, well, if I can get to 30 I would have done well, to, 60 Jesus!!!! give me 61 :LOL:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Here’s the only Dave Allen joke I can think of that is publishable on a family forum. I think!

The Pope is discussing the existence of God with an Atheist. He gets frustrated with the conversation and finally says to the man “You are like a man blindfolded, in a totally dark room, searching for a black cat that isn’t there!”

The man says “Then I think we are very similar - you too are like a blindfolded man, in a totally dark room, searching for a black cat that isn’t there - the only difference is you have found it.”

D

Deleted member 41971

Here’s the only Dave Allen joke I can think of that is publishable on a family forum. I think!

The Pope is discussing the existence of God with an Atheist. He gets frustrated with the conversation and finally says to the man “You are like a man blindfolded, in a totally dark room, searching for a black cat that isn’t there!”

The man says “Then I think we are very similar - you too are like a blindfolded man, in a totally dark room, searching for a black cat that isn’t there - the only difference is you have found it.”

dave allan

"I suppose Ireland is the best place in the world for directions. People will say to you, ‘I wouldn’t start from here if I were you"’.

"I was driving to Wicklow town and outside Wicklow town, there’s a kind of country road and I came to a crossroad and there was one signpost and it had Wicklow on it and the other way was Wicklow. And there was a fella sitting there and I said does it make any difference? And he said, “Not to me it doesn’t.”

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
dave allan

"I suppose Ireland is the best place in the world for directions. People will say to you, ‘I wouldn’t start from here if I were you"’.

"I was driving to Wicklow town and outside Wicklow town, there’s a kind of country road and I came to a crossroad and there was one signpost and it had Wicklow on it and the other way was Wicklow. And there was a fella sitting there and I said does it make any difference? And he said, “Not to me it doesn’t.”
I’ve been given directions here myself before that went something like:

“Go up that road and take a right. Now, do you know that pub up that road? ‘Tis on the left?”

“Yes, I do.”

“And do you know past that pub there’s a cottage, thatched it is, with a colourful garden?”

“Yes, I think so?”

“And past the cottage is a big field with sheep and it stretches over to the woodland yonder?”

“Yes, I’m pretty sure I do?”

“Well if you see all of those things then you’ve gone too far...”

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

For Dave Allen and religion you need to watch this

D

Deleted member 41971

"I don't believe Scots are as tight as people say, but I did hear that when two taxis collided in Glasgow recently 48 people were injured".

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What's the difference between a scotsman and a yorkshire man.......................

The yorkshire mans arms are about 5mm longer..............