PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A great deal on Alone in the Dark following the announcement of the new game today. Loved these back in the day.

£1.09 for all the originals.
That's an insane deal, the 2008 remaster / remake on it's own is only 69p!

This was in one of the reviews, may come in handy if anyone gets them:

Guide:

1.) Resolution fix

Download "alone_in_the_dark2008_fix.zip" from here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1695603032 and put the files in der Main folder of Alone of the Dark.

Start the game and go to "C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Atari\AITD" and open with Notepad++ the res.aitd data.

Change the settings to here:

ResolutionWidth = 1600
ResolutionHeight = 0900
NewResolution = 0
PrevResolutionWidth = 0800
PrevResolutionHeight = 0600

and save the data.

2.) Game Crash Fix

Go to Main folder of Alone in the Dark and right click of the "Alone.exe" - settings - Compatibility mode and change to Window 95 and "Run with Admin rights"

The game should now run.

-----------------------------------------

Bugs:

- The sound hangs a bit
- Cut scenes hang a bit

Guide that helped me:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746380126
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1695603032
https://steamcommunity.com/app/259170/discussions/0/2549465882922515990/

D

Deleted member 41971

decent humble combat bundle, pay min 12.37 for all

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
if not already played maybe up @ActuallyDenz street,

on offer until 16th august 2022

Sable is an exploration game boiled down into its purest form. You've got an entire planet to explore and the barest minimum of guidance once you complete the opening bit of story. It very much is a case of see something cool on the horizon, go look at it up close, see something else off in the distance and repeat. The day/night cycle of the game is awesome as every location looks so, so different depending on the time of day.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not big on a phall, I can manage one but it's mostly just fireball flavour (remember those jawbreaker things?). I prefer something hot but tasty like a madge :cool:

My sharing curry is a hot south indian garlic chilli chicken.

I'm fortunate not to get the Delhi belly, ever, so I'll give the Ring of Pain a go :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the original Mafia, the game will be free on Steam from 1st September to the 5th.

It's been up a few times over the years now but I strongly recommend anyone that hasn't.... to get this one. It's a peach of a title.

It's the best of the bunch. It actually seems kinda short once played through but it's actually right-on for me. Mafia II was completely ruined but they went back to basics with Mafia III. For whatever reason they just made it massive and labourious.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Some good ones on Amazon Prime this month:

1662060287033.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Freebies on Epic this week

Some add on for a freebie game

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

They gave this away a while ago, if you haven't already got it, it's an incredible game

Submerged: Hidden Depths

Bit of an exploratory wandering sim type thing, looks pretty

And don't forget, this is free as of today

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the original Mafia, the game will be free on Steam from 1st September to the 5th.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Some good ones on Amazon Prime this month:

View attachment 34586
AC: Origins is the last game in the series I actually enjoyed, and I was a huge fan of the early games. I felt like Odyssey was just too big a game. Football Manager was my addiction for a long time (guaranteed 500+ hours every year!), but I stay away from the series now as I just don't have those kinds of hours any more. The Dig is one of the lesser known classic P&C games that LucasArts made back in the day (Grim Fandango & Full Throttle probably being my two favourites!), but is still a very good game. We, The Revolution is a reasonably fun game placing you as a judge at the time of the French Revolution, and you have to decide guilt & innocence, and then punishments for the guilty. There's a slightly irritating minigame for the executions, but trying to balance your decisions in a way that stops you from being executed yourself is quite fun. Don't know the other games, but they're free, so why not?!