PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It's that time of the week! Epic freebies!

Alba - A Wildlife Adventure

But FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (this is not a half bad game) although they have given it away beforehand.

And next week we've got The Evil Dead which was only released in May this year! Must be going free to play

Alba's a fun casual game, although the wildlife conservation side of things might be a little too heavy handed for some.

I have a spare Steam key for the Shadow Tactics sequel/spin-off in the other thread.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Shadow Tactics was actually one of my best buys about a year or so after launch (actually helped me through a pretty rough patch so while the nostalgia isn't the sweetest, the game did me alright as a fun distraction)
Anyway, very reminiscent of Commandos and the like but without the WW2-contemporary setting that had grown a little stale in such games by then.

As for me and deals, I'm about to pull the trigger on this...

I'm actually dead fussy about mp games, indeed there's only been L4D and Rocket League that've stood out in a decade or so but I asked some questions about it, and got reassuring answers so I'm in.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The Steam Autumn sale is now on. I decided to pre-order the next Yakuza/Like a Dragon game that is out in February, so I'm currently trying to work through some of my backlog, so I can actually install the game once it releases. I have no plans to buy any games this time around.

Still, I've shown that I can resist everything except temptation, so we'll see...

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
The Steam Autumn sale is now on. I decided to pre-order the next Yakuza/Like a Dragon game that is out in February, so I'm currently trying to work through some of my backlog, so I can actually install the game once it releases. I have no plans to buy any games this time around.

Still, I've shown that I can resist everything except temptation, so we'll see...

A quandary indeed for me too.

My backlog is always hovering in the background. Seems like every new game bought pushes the oldest backlogged from 'maybe one day, all else being ideal' to 'never'... which tbf the rate I get through things is almost the same.
And my mindset or whatever has changed in the last year or so. Used to be I'd think nothing of £50-100 on a big sale a couple of times a year getting used up for little actual use but now I question every buy, even after buying. It's not like I can't afford it either... I just dislike wastage more or something nm burning out being easier.

That said, my wishlist has rarely been so full, varied or promising...

CMP01

Enthusiast
It's a lot more challenging than I thought it would be, it's the kind of game that would massively benefit from a proper simulator wheel and pedals really, it's incredibly sensitive.

Gave it most of one precious evening but I didn't get on well with it either. But XB1 controller as opposed to more fitting controls so... (had the same issue with Elite Dangerous back in 2015 though, loved the idea of it but wasn't worth spending more to maybe play more)

Yeah I got it, started playing it and gave up, I've downloaded several star wars games and haven't been impressed with any of them

And as for Star Wars games as a whole... of the more recent ones only Fallen Order was any good at all (just my tuppence) though I didn't stick with it past a couple of days (had Resident Evil 2 remake to play that week, which was a GOTY contender for me)

Go back a fair bit though and X Wing, Tie Fighter, Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War used up a good few fun hours.
Possibly my favourite was that free Battle of Endor game. Simple yet so good.

Tbh though Star Wars isn't the draw for me anymore, in any media, that it used to be. It's cool, sure, but there's plenty cooler.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As per usual of a Thursday, you can nab a couple of free games from Epic…

And if you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can get the sublime Brothers as a freebie…

(Yes, I’ve been lazy and directed you to the main page for both sites. I have a six month old baby who refuses to sleep, you’re lucky I’ve managed to string a coherent sentence together, let alone put a link up here)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

And if you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can get the sublime Brothers as a freebie…

(Yes, I’ve been lazy and directed you to the main page for both sites. I have a six month old baby who refuses to sleep, you’re lucky I’ve managed to string a coherent sentence together, let alone put a link up here)
Is the lad struggling to get into a routine?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

You've got at least another 17.5 years of that 😂

Bhuna50

Author Level

This might help:

1669935005706.png