PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It runs until Monday. Arkane are probably one of my favourite studios. Pretty much every game in that graphic is a classic, or a classic in waiting. Arx Fatalis isn't a classic, but it is very good, especially for a game that is 20 years old in a few weeks!

Deathloop as well I feel hasn't got the endorsement that I think it probably deserves, it's a really fun game.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Deathloop as well I feel hasn't got the endorsement that I think it probably deserves, it's a really fun game.
Time loops in games are very much a common trope at the moment (Returnal, The Forgotten City, The Outer Wilds and Twelve Minutes are a few games off the top of my head to release in the last couple of years featuring them), in much the same way that everyone was doing bullet time for a while after Max Payne, which was almost certainly inspired by The Matrix.

I suspect that once time loops are no longer so common, Deathloop will probably be looked upon more fondly. I've played the opening couple of loops and I've had fun with it so far, but I've put it to one side for the moment as I've got other games I'm enjoying more as I'm further into them. By keeping it installed, it's still very much part of my medium-term backlog!

Bhuna50

Author Level
If you are interested in Deathloop it is worth considering paying one month for the Humble Bundle choice - approx £12 I believe.

As you then get all these games as well this month.

1666550436536.png

MrWilson

Godlike
RDR2 is 50% off.
The full Telltale Walking Dead series is 75% off which is a good deal for the content you get, would recommend most people experiencing it.
Just finished playing the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot and it was a blast. The rest of the reboot series (Rise and Shadow) are also on sale too, if you didn’t nab a free copy of shadow on Epic a few weeks back.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yesterdays Epic Freebies!!!

Saturnalia (not heard of it, looks interesting, nice artwork)_

A really interesting one:

Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus

And there's some weird offer whereby if you install GOG Galaxy through the Epic Store, you get a free game.
Word of warning, although I'm fully aware I'm a little paranoid about tracking and stuff, but I'd recommend installing GOG, getting the free game, and then deleting the Epic GOG and reverting to the main GOG Galaxy install direct from GOG

The notes on the GOG download on Epic are:

"Download GOG GALAXY now and get Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition on GOG for free – the offer is valid till October 30th, 6 AM PDT / 9 AM EDT / 1 PM UTC. Next, grab for free Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection on GOG between October 31st at 6 AM PDT / 9 AM EDT / 1 PM UTC and November 3rd, 6 AM PDT / 9 AM EDT / 1 PM UTC."

The direct link for GOG Galaxy install is:

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
I can highly recommend Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus (and DLC) That's one I got at launch.
Very XCom with better than average WH40K based goodness and a nice puzzle aspect thrown in. Good for more than one play through too.

Saturnalia looks... interesting. I'll be giving that a try though what with other freebies and demos from a bunch of Steam events I'm lagging behind. Current Steam sale? Death Stranding looks good to me despite certain criticisms.
Personally, I discovered Starsector a month ago (and since then mods for it) Well, it's pretty much shut everything else out. Crazy thing is, I literally dreamed of such a game existing years ago and waddayaknow, it's been in development since around then.

Anyway, yeah... I been away a few months. Life stuff good and bad and all that at cause but we (me, gf, dogs and cat) are keeping on.
Hope you guys are all well and good.

PS: ActuallyDenz, that's 17 games per my wishlist. I might be slacking but tbf my long awaited Steam Deck turned up a couple of months ago and that's good impetus for getting through the older AAA backlog at least.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
PS: ActuallyDenz, that's 17 games per my wishlist. I might be slacking but tbf my long awaited Steam Deck turned up a couple of months ago and that's good impetus for getting through the older AAA backlog at least.
Nobody's slacking. I was a bit surprised that with a personal wishlist of over 800 games, only 25 of them seem to be on sale this Halloween.

Hopefully your Steam Deck will help you moving through some of your backlog. I've kinda given up on my own backlog to be honest!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Phoning Home is free on Steam for a time. Reviews are mixed, but at 69% positive, they're 1% off being Mostly Positive, so it may be worth a go. I've not played it before, so into the backlog it'll go for me!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is also free for a limited time on Steam. I already got it from Humble a while back but haven't gotten around to it. The Warhammer games do tend to be pretty solid though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is also free for a limited time on Steam. I already got it from Humble a while back but haven't gotten around to it. The Warhammer games do tend to be pretty solid though.

Wow, this is a really recent title from 2018, that's pretty impressive!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

It’s essentially Left 4 Dead with a hint of RPG progression and humanoid rats. What’s not to like?

CMP01

Enthusiast

Ooh, I'll buy that for a dollar.

Well, the DLC then, next time there's a sale and after Total War: Warhammer 3 gets old.

In the backlog it goes, bwahaha.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Wow, this is a really recent title from 2018, that's pretty impressive!
It’s essentially Left 4 Dead with a hint of RPG progression and humanoid rats. What’s not to like?
Added to Steam Library
Ooh, I'll buy that for a dollar.

Well, the DLC then, next time there's a sale and after Total War: Warhammer 3 gets old.

In the backlog it goes, bwahaha.
Looking into it, Warhammer 40k: Darktide (essentially Vermintide 3) is out at the end of the month, so this free giveaway is part of the build up to that release. The original Vermintide is 90% off until the 17th, there's a free DLC for Vermintide 2 available on the 8th and some pre-order bonuses for Darktide available later in the month.

I'm not following many curators on Steam, but one that is very much worth keeping an eye on (they're part of the reason my library is as big as it is) is this one:

They list games that are available for free, either permanently or for a limited time. If you're on Steam often enough to jump on the games, you can get some pretty good ones. They're how I found out about Vermintide 2!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Enjoyed the first looking forward to giving this a rattle