Phantom or Sniper

Phantom Vs Sniper

• Total voters

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Quite yeh, im fine with the titan anyway. As long as it keeps it cool im fine, and by the sounds of it, these days, CPUs are not the parts creating excess heat, that is the graphics cards job these days as they dont really have dedicated cooling, just 2 small fans built in

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Quite yeh, im fine with the titan anyway. As long as it keeps it cool im fine, and by the sounds of it, these days, CPUs are not the parts creating excess heat, that is the graphics cards job these days as they dont really have dedicated cooling, just 2 small fans built in

I'm not being funny wozza, but 5 times of a eco bursting is not high!!!

I think it's cool to offer your opinions about components.

But you can't keep going around slating the liquid coolers, when firstly you don't have one! Secondly just because you HEARD of 5 people that unfortunately the eco had burst! This is not a high amount of incidents whatsoever unless PCS have sold 10 liquid coolers in total!

Have you heard of all the happy customers that have liquid cooling? MY eco keeps cpu at 34 degrees, with two fans at only 800rpm!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I dont have a clue how many they sell, and what the actual burst rate is, bim quite happy with the titan and that is that, i will not change to watercooling, one of the reasons being im also waaay over budget

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I dont have a clue how many they sell, and what the actual burst rate is, bim quite happy with the titan and that is that, i will not change to watercooling, one of the reasons being im also waaay over budget

I'm not saying you should change to watercooling! Im saying you need to stop slating the eco coolers, when the fact is you don't actually know about them! Just because you heard!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
im sticking with my alc because i want my gpu to have a 230mm fan next to it and woohoo it went into build today, fingers crossed il be taking pictures of it this time next week.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I wouldn't worry about WC bursting, Wozza365 has been overly paranoid about it for the past 2 or so months. Since probably only 1-5% of PCS customers even have forum accounts, it's what? 5 bursts in maybe 1000+ PC's with WC that have had such a incident in the past 2 months, the risk is minimal, probably more likely dying in a car crash on your way home to start your PC anyway.

If you want a WC system, then get it and don't listen to propaganda.

There risk is there, just like anything, you're accepting a risk by getting a overclocked system anyway, OC'ing is likely to have other problems before even getting close to a WC leak.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i havent gone for a oc system the watercooling is purely out of necessity due to the fact the titan will not fit in my case with a side fan covering my gpu.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I am going for WC and I will be overclocking. I can't clock with the 955 on PCS but I know how to get to 4ghz easily.

MeveM

Bright Spark
i havent gone for a oc system the watercooling is purely out of necessity due to the fact the titan will not fit in my case with a side fan covering my gpu.

Why are you getting WC if you're not overclocking? your CPU won't run hot, and the cheaper copper one is even too much if you don't overclock, I've been running stock coolers the past 10 years and never, ever have my CPU's gotten anywhere near hot, wouldn't even call them warm.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Why are you getting WC if you're not overclocking? your CPU won't run hot, and the cheaper copper one is even too much if you don't overclock, I've been running stock coolers the past 10 years and never, ever have my CPU's gotten anywhere near hot, wouldn't even call them warm.

My CPUs always run hot under intense work and multitasking, so if you are not overclocking at all get the triple copper if you cAn afford it

UndeadJack

Master Poster
What do you do with your computer then? CPUs get hot easily if you are playing a game or using Photoshop for example

My CPUs always run hot under intense work and multitasking, so if you are not overclocking at all get the triple copper if you cAn afford it

Yep - my laptop CPU runs hot just for using the internet. My desktop gets hot even playing WoW so I don't use stock coolers in desktop

NMEBowen

Master Poster
the silent copper cpu cooler just wont cut it with my use so the choice would be the titan but if you read my posts it wont fit in the phantom case with the side fan hence the wc system. hope that answers your questions.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
the silent copper cpu cooler just wont cut it with my use so the choice would be the titan but if you read my posts it wont fit in the phantom case with the side fan hence the wc system. hope that answers your questions.

I opted liquid cooling, my rig is not overclocked. I needed a side fan so couldn't go for the titan just incase i lost the side fan on the sniper.

I can't offer an opinion about the titan due to the fact i don't have one. But eco is class!

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I opted liquid cooling, my rig is not overclocked. I needed a side fan so couldn't go for the titan just incase i lost the side fan on the sniper.

I can't offer an opinion about the titan due to the fact i don't have one. But eco is class!

I will be getting the Phantom with the eco. Looking forward to it!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
woohoo someone in my boat thanks tom i have my 230mm nzxt fan on order so im hoping that and my new keyboard get here intime to fit on my pc striaght away so i can post pics on here :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
woohoo someone in my boat thanks tom i have my 230mm nzxt fan on order so im hoping that and my new keyboard get here intime to fit on my pc striaght away so i can post pics on here :D

sounds good dude, 230mm will be ace for cooling ya gpu!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
Yer the 230mm should be fine cooling for my you but I'm unsure what fan holder pcs will be using for my eco the phantom has 2 200mm fans at the top of the case id id hope to keep them will the eco fit into the 120 mm slot at the rear of the case do you know?