Phantom or Sniper

Phantom Vs Sniper

• Total voters

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Just rang up PCS to check what fan slots are not filled so i could order some and from what the tech guy said they have fitted the max ammount of fans, woohoo. but then went on to say apart from the one i wanted too cover my gpu as even the eco may be to large to fit the 200mm+ fan :mad: Il have to take a look when it comes and see what my options are since there are many slim 200 fans out there which may fit. next week and its here :rockon:

So you are saying pcs said, they have removed the side fan due to the eco? sounds strange it fits on mine fine, erm unless the "ECO II" is bigger???

I'd call back up, and ask them to send you the 200mm side fan out anyway, even if they say it doesn't fit.

Did you speck to the sales guys or the tech guys?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
yer bit of a bugger i spoke to one of the tech guys he said that they doubt it will fit but the fan will be sent along anyway but tbh i couldnt understand that much of what he said, the tech guy sounded very stoned and was mumbling alot....

UndeadJack

Master Poster
So you are saying pcs said, they have removed the side fan due to the eco? sounds strange it fits on mine fine, erm unless the "ECO II" is bigger???

I'd call back up, and ask them to send you the 200mm side fan out anyway, even if they say it doesn't fit.

Isn't the radiator for the ECO II twice the length?

yer bit of a bugger i spoke to one of the tech guys he said that they doubt it will fit but the fan will be sent along anyway but tbh i couldnt understand that much of what he said, the tech guy sounded very stoned and was mumbling alot....

Lol. Stoner nerd. xD

NMEBowen

Master Poster
not sure about the rad on the eco i thought it was a 140mm square but i maybe wrong il just have to wait and see, only the weekend to go and il be camping at the frount door with my laptop tracking my order.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
not sure about the rad on the eco i thought it was a 140mm square but i maybe wrong il just have to wait and see, only the weekend to go and il be camping at the frount door with my laptop tracking my order.

CAMPER NOOB! Snipe him!

lol. I will do the same when I get my computer... I did when I got my Droid 3 and Replacement Xbox last month

UndeadJack

Master Poster
i aint so camper im a assult sniper most of the time on bc2 agressive sniping ftw.

I'm a Run'n'Gunner and PROUD On black ops I once got a 20 kill streak just running through the middle of WMD.... I then used my chopper and ended up with 130 kills :D

NMEBowen

Master Poster
cant deal with cod maps are to small and theres not enough carnage for my tastes also the engine is kinda awfull you cant even jump over a rock where as dice games walls aint even obsticals but this is all offtopic " I Vote Phantom" just give me a evga SR2 and the components to go with it and id keep the phantom forever.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
If your thinking about a evga sr2 board now i would suggest saving up alot, possibly falling off a ladder in work or selling a kidney.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
If your thinking about a evga sr2 board now i would suggest saving up alot, possibly falling off a ladder in work or selling a kidney.

I'm currently looking at the sexy Republic Of Gamers Mobos atm. Awesomely powerful and look awesome. I have a good setup on here but it's slightly cheaper (20 quid) on another site which must not be spoken of :(

Can I using the support ask the support to match the price as I love PCS support but the price is hurty

NMEBowen

Master Poster
could always think about ordering the parts pcs dont stock and mailing them for pcs to fit with there parts.

Teaz

Godlike
Teaz did you get the name thing as a aticker from somewhere ormdid you draw it? I found a site a whioe back but cant remember now

Lol i drew it on there, its light graffiti. would be nice if it was an embedded sticker :p

Do you get a phenom sticker if you get a phenom computer?

I believe you do as ive seen them before.

Does the Sniper come with those usb 3.0 on Teaz's pc?

Nope, that is my front asus usb3 box.

i believe pcs ment the top 200mm fan and not the side :) would be real odd if it obstructed the side fan.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Getting quite annoyed atm as I am sure I have the same setup as earlier (a revised build) but its over 840 quid...

NMEBowen

Master Poster
@teaz he definatly said to me the side fan because i asked specifically that was the most important one. It covers my gpu, maybe he was mistaken but i know that was the one i asked about.

Teaz

Godlike
i had a closer look at the phantom an i can sort of get the picture now that the eco would remove the side fan.

the fan is like nearly to the far top left of the side panel and with the fan there, its possible to see it being obstructed.

The sniper fan is more down the bottom a little which allowed the rad to fit. i just had a little fiddle with my side fan by moving the side over to the top left abit an it obstructed the fan llol.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
meh can only find 120mm 12mm slim fans slimmest 200mm fan would be 20mm that any good teaz or is the eco right against the case side?