Pre production working days

benz78

your config is consistent, I had the same dilemma for the storage disk, personally I opted for the 1TB SSD SEAGATE ... after all it is not so important, the best is to favor a good hdd for the system partition :)

swapping the 3700x for a 3600x for a better graphics card is a good choice I think (especially if you play with your PC)

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
swapping the 3700x for a 3600x for a better graphics card is a good choice I think (especially if you play with your PC)
I'm not sure I made the right choice, its done now, ideally I'd have kept the 3700x but it became too expensive having both. From what I read online there is very little difference in games, but at some point I imagine that will change.

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
Not if your monitor is a 1080p screen it's not...plus, if you upgrade to 1440p gaming, you are then limited to a max of 75Hz as the GPU won't be enough for more
I have a 1080p 75hz, is this bad? Not sure what to do now if it is. I've read for ages buy the best GPU you can afford. So in my head I was doing the opposite by going for a more expensive CPU until I changed it around.

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
The advice should be "buy the best you can afford that fits your monitor". The 1650 Super would have been more appropriate for the monitor, maybe the 1660 Super. There's nothing wrong with getting the 2060 Super, just that you won't use a fraction of it's potential and, as I said, if you upgrade to 1440p in future, you will be limited
I probably won't upgrade, I've only recently purchased this monitor as my first 24" monitor 75hz after previously having 22" and 60hz with a very old PC. I thought if I went for the 2060 super I won't have to upgrade for a while (this is my first built PC and I am hoping it will last years at a good level) whereas if I had the 1660 super it may not be as powerful for as long.

Although there is a 144hz version of the same monitor (at 1080p) I could get in its place, as I can still return it.

marklcfc

Gold Level Poster
The limiting factor is the monitor....the GPU can only produce what the monitor can display...the 2060S is still over-powered for a 1080p 144Hz monitor
It says I can still change it for a £9 amendment fee but its in testing now and not sure I should do that since its not even been a day since I changed from 1660 super. Just 🤦‍♂️

benz78

Not if your monitor is a 1080p screen it's not...plus, if you upgrade to 1440p gaming, you are then limited to a max of 75Hz as the GPU won't be enough for more

Indeed a 1650 super is just enough to play comfortably on current games in 1080p 60hz, not sure that this will be the case in 2021 and more ... for example on future licenses like Cyberpunk 2077

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
3 days into pre-production and it feels like months

Im here laying around with logitech g915 keyboard and g502 mouse both wifi, and a g7 32 inch samsung screen.

Ive made my wait really painful XD, says the eta is 27th august, two days ago it was 26th. Hoping that no other delays will occur, just can't wait for my pc man!

Im playing ghost of tsushima on my ps4 pro meanwhile XD

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
3 days into pre-production and it feels like months

Im here laying around with logitech g915 keyboard and g502 mouse both wifi, and a g7 32 inch samsung screen.

Ive made my wait really painful XD, says the eta is 27th august, two days ago it was 26th. Hoping that no other delays will occur, just can't wait for my pc man!

Im playing ghost of tsushima on my ps4 pro meanwhile XD

3 days? That is not long at all, good job you’ve got your PS4 to keep you going! My previous PC had completely died prior to me putting my order in so all I had was Words With Friends on my phone and FTL on the iPad. Thank god I really love FTL 😁

Gavras

Master Poster
Had status update this morning - in build and now in test.

hopefully no issues found during test.

For general info, key dates.

1. Processed 24 July
Pre-Production 31 July

Build - 17 August

Test - 17 August.

Mine's gone into testing today, too:

Processed Date24-07-2020
Pre-Production Date31-07-2020
Build Date17-08-2020
Test Date17-08-2020

Doubt it'll be ready by tomorrow and I'm expecting a new desk so I don't mind if it arrives Wednesday or Thursday.

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
Dammit, looks like people wait a lil over 2 week in preproduction...sigh i got a long wait apparently it seems.

Thanks for posting those dates guys, gave me an idea of how long it'll take T^T

marcap

Bronze Level Poster
15:44 awaiting dispatch email.

Bet I’ve missed the pick up. I’m already off work tomorrow too 😂

Gavras

Master Poster
Received my awaiting dispatch email.

that means:

Processed Date24-07-2020
Pre-Production Date31-07-2020
Build Date17-08-2020
Test Date17-08-2020
Awaiting Dispatch Date18-08-2020

most likely Wednesday or Thursday arrival - potentially Friday night gaming.

it would be handy if people kept to the above type grid that others have also use.

it makes it easier to spot if your order is the odd one out (From other similar orders in that specific time frame).

Deblooms

Still on the agonizing wait :D

Processed Date01-08-2020
Pre-Production Date07-08-2020

Current estimated Build date is the 24th / I was kind of hoping that it goes into build before then.

One thing that bugged me however, is their removal, then reintroduction and then renewed removal of fasttrack. I wanted to get it to begin with, then asked support, which told me that they removed it. Thought "fair enough, with the current situation". Then checked the forum a couple of days later to see that it was apparently reintroduced the day after I asked support and removed again the day that I looked into the forums. Kind of an annoying situation.

Either way, hoping that it will be quickly done as the waiting table on the website has been going down steadily.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
One thing that bugged me however, is their removal, then reintroduction and then renewed removal of fasttrack. I wanted to get it to begin with, then asked support, which told me that they removed it. Thought "fair enough, with the current situation". Then checked the forum a couple of days later to see that it was apparently reintroduced the day after I asked support and removed again the day that I looked into the forums. Kind of an annoying situation.
I can understand how frustrating and annoying that must have been. It's a very dynamic situation at present and PCS are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Ah well, not long to wait. :)

Deblooms

I can understand how frustrating and annoying that must have been. It's a very dynamic situation at present and PCS are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Ah well, not long to wait. :)

Thanks for understanding :) Yeah, let's just hope it comes in time. I'm out of the country on the Saturday of next week for a bit more than a week and would hate for my pc to just lay around at our concierge room - let's hope it arrives by Friday next week at the latest :D (and knock on wood for it to be alright)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for understanding :) Yeah, let's just hope it comes in time. I'm out of the country on the Saturday of next week for a bit more than a week and would hate for my pc to just lay around at our concierge room - let's hope it arrives by Friday next week at the latest :D (and knock on wood for it to be alright)
Trust in the silicon gods and make offerings of old pentium CPU’s :)

Deblooms

I once had a pentium, one of the dual core chips that was all the rage around 2014. It was actually pretty decent to BF3 and AC3 etc. Was the first gaming pc I bought with my own self earned money, around 600 Eur back in the day. Now I'm treating myself to something a bit nicer. Don't care about having the latest and greatest so I didn't wait for the 3000 Nvidia Series.

So I'm trusting AMD (at least for the CPU) for now :D

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

oldintel.jpg