Query regarding performance - Octane VI 17.3 inch, i9-processor

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

From Gaming option, its P775TM-G OR p775tm-G1, these are two models with variants in Graphics card. Then, I searched for it in 'Downloads' option. May be I selected wrong, please correct me if I am wrong.

Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg

Last edited:

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
dear spydertracks,

Here it is,
The clevo model number is P775TM1. And I searched correct on website Clevo.com

Last edited:

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

Now, again I performed CFD simulations, as I need to work on it. So, in the software this time, I used all 16 cores, and I kept laptop on charger with ''performance'' settings in Control centre 2.0. Still Laptop is not utilising CPU, just 75% is maximum, but RAM memory is going upto 99%, Please see the images from CC2.0, HWMonitor, task manager (in background you will see CFD software I am using). Also, the laptop is not making any noise, very silent running, no noise of fans at all.

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

I don't think it is giving performance. Is there is any possibility of replacement ?

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

Here it is,
The clevo model number of my laptop chassis is P775TM1.

kind regards

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I can't even spell fluid dynamics, but from what you're saying the app seems to be RAM bound? Perhaps the low CPU usage is because the app wants more RAM than you have installed in order to fully utilise the CPU?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would recommend doing some testing that's known to push the CPU.

Would you be able to download 3DMark and run the Firestrike test and post the results? Plugged in, on performance mode. 3DMark is available for free, there is a paid version but for the standard Firestrike test it's free.

I'm airing towards the thinking of @ubuysa here also...... It's not pushing the CPU and it's not pushing the GPU so there is another limiting factor somewhere. It's most likely RAM as everything else appears minimal.

Once the performance of the CPU/GPU isn't in question, it may be worthwhile looking to... erm.... render? Simulate?..... a small project to see if that helps lower the RAM utilisation and show where the bottle kneck is.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear Ubuysa,

If you have read our previous conversations, I have already mentioned that when I used app for the first time, The CPU utilized upto more than +80 - 90% utilization, you can see images in previous conversations from page 2, the CPU roared and the fans were at high speed and produced noise during that particular run, after that I run again next day, CPU is not utilizing it's performance power, my fans are not roaring at all.
Ok, leave this app. I even tried running 3D Mark test using firestrike, you can see the results, the temperatures are not going high at all because the CPU is not taking load and nor fans simultaneously.
Can you mention any other test I should perform to determine full utilization of CPU ?

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Also if you see clock frequency, it is also not going beyond 2.6 Ghz from yesterday's simulation. Ok I will repost the image of my first simulation of CFD app here again from Control Centre 2.0.
5.jpeg

Kind regards

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear spydertracks,

Ok, If we see results from HWMonitor, CPU is utilizing for all 16 cores as 100% from yesterday's simulation, but I don't see any temperature change, neither change in fan speed.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Your CPU clock has been locked. Looks to me like there is some sort of "overclocking" software in play or the power settings have been configured incorrectly. Not surprised it's not working well TBH.

If you absolutely guarantee you haven't messed around with trying to over/under clock/volt the system then it may be best to send it to PCS. You're going to look foolish if you have played with those settings and complain about the system not being up to snuff though.

Happy to help you sort out what could be wrong if you can tell me what it is you may have configured incorrectly? Would be either BIOS, OC software or Windows Power Management settings.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear Scott,

I will be very honest. I am a mechanical guy. I even don't know what is overclocking and how it helps ? I never tried doing any mess with any BIOS settings or OC software. But yes, I tried to do undervolt with Intel Xtreme Utility software, but on very first attempt it showed that my CPU is already undervolted at -0.051 V since I got my laptop. So, I didn't change any single thing. I received this laptop on 10 March 2020. After that Spydertracks from this forum said me to conact PCS upon these problem, then I called to PCS for one time, I don't know whether he was an expert or sales person, he did some changes in Power Management and did stress test on Prime95 through PCSteamviewer. I don't know whether I should mention his name here or not ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dear Scott,

I will be very honest. I am a mechanical guy. I even don't know what is overclocking and how it helps ? I never tried doing any mess with any BIOS settings or OC software. But yes, I tried to do undervolt with Intel Xtreme Utility software, but on very first attempt it showed that my CPU is already undervolted at -0.051 V since I got my laptop. So, I didn't change any single thing. I received this laptop on 10 March 2020. After that Spydertracks from this forum said me to conact PCS upon these problem, then I called to PCS for one time, I don't know whether he was an expert or sales person, he did some changes in Power Management and did stress test on Prime95 through PCSteamviewer. I don't know whether I should mention his name here or not ?
We wouldn’t know him if you did.

id suggest contacting PCS, there’s something throttling the system.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Sorry for not reading the whole thread first. [emoji846]

What concerns me through this whole thread is that all your testing is via this CFD application. I really don't know whether the application is configured or even installed properly. I'd like to see how the laptop performs with other benchmarking software before I'd be convinced that the CFD software itself is not the issue.

mohnad

Bronze Level Poster
Dear ubuysa, Spydertracks, Scott

I have called PCS, This time I think I am talking to expert. He checked power management and then check BIOS settings, Put GPU as disabled, and tested with prime95.exe and still CPU is not taking loads more than 70%. Then, he checked any error files in windows, and found some corrupt files from Windows 10 probably because of Windows updates. So, now he said me to download fresh Windows 10 again and let's see if the problem persists. I will get back in touch with you all.

Kind regards