RTX 3080

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Neither...it is 75!! I can't answer any further questions as, like the name says, the spec listed for this brand is rather basic and doesn't really explain much. Suffice to say, I am pretty sure my tesco Basics 5900x and 3090 perform slightly worse than a Zotac or Pallit :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn.t try overclocking them.......... :ROFLMAO:

oh after reading all this, my hopes of receiving my pc has gone down significantly I placed an order yesterday for a pc with the 3080 graphics card by the looks of things there is a huge waiting que and no stock at all :( what are peoples suggestions? should I wait it out or is anything better available like the 3090? not in a huge rush for as my current setup will do me fine however I don't want to be waiting months. How long have people been waiting for there card?

Smqtt

oh after reading all this, my hopes of receiving my pc has gone down significantly I placed an order yesterday for a pc with the 3080 graphics card by the looks of things there is a huge waiting que and no stock at all :( what are peoples suggestions? should I wait it out or is anything better available like the 3090? not in a huge rush for as my current setup will do me fine however I don't want to be waiting months. How long have people been waiting for there card?
A lot of people beyond 60 working days now, and I believe there’s over 300 people in the waiting list. (Not 100 sure though)

I guess it’s not really relevant due to the fact I switched to the 3090 and no longer have a 3080 in my build but after 54WD, pc has finally gone into building! :)

changed from a standard 3080 on Friday to a 3090 standard and now in building for anyone who wanted to know :)
I did the same on Thursday with the same processer as you and also ordered on the 20/10/2020. Glad yours went into building There is hope yet!

jklondon

Bronze Level Poster
Give it a few weeks, most people are back today so should get better idea of where the supply chains are at. 3090 is available. 3080 is not.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
anyone know what the stock on the 3090 is like if I was to upgrade would I be on another waiting list?
It's in stock now. If it doesn't have "Pre-order" next to it you can take it that it is in stock.
Also if you have already place an order you can amend and click "Proceed" and it'll tell you (green circle means in stock).

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
based on your queue you're best off keeping this order going and switching to the 3080ti when it's released. you'll be way into march unless chips start flying in...

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
If enough people switch from the 3080 to the 3090 ... maybe I will get to the front of the Q this way.
im not upgrading to the 3090 because it's evident this is just customer manipulation from Nvidia, purposefully pulling in more stock for the 3090 knowing fine well alot of people will be tired of waiting and just switch....seems to be working. i'd rather keep the extra cash!

Harag

Gold Level Poster
based on your queue you're best off keeping this order going and switching to the 3080ti when it's released. you'll be way into march unless chips start flying in...

I heard that the TI release isn't far off -- do we have a "rough" idea how much more it will cost? e.g. 100 quid? since the 3090 is about 6-700 quid more.

Also is a 3080TI better than the 3090?

Sorry (fairly new to the latest stuff). I'm currently waiting for a 5900x and 3080 build (about 30WD now) and happy to wait if needs be.

Just changed to 3090 myself after 61 days waiting on the 3080. Was a difficult choice because I can't pump any more money into it with a new baby arriving in a few months so had to make changes which ultimately is wasted on the 3090 like going from an i9 to i5 but if it gets my pc here sooner I don't mind. I can always buy a new motherboard and better CPU down the line when things steady out. So hopefully I go in building this week will update if I do so people who think of changing can see if it's worth or not in regards to waiting times..

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
I heard that the TI release isn't far off -- do we have a "rough" idea how much more it will cost? e.g. 100 quid? since the 3090 is about 6-700 quid more.

Also is a 3080TI better than the 3090?

Sorry (fairly new to the latest stuff). I'm currently waiting for a 5900x and 3080 build (about 30WD now) and happy to wait if needs be.
the 3080ti will nearly always have to rival the 6900xt on cost otherwise people would just choose that chip instead.

my guess is it'll be £950-£1050

Bbl

Patience does not mean to passively endure.

It means to be farsighted enough to trust the end result of a process.

What does patience mean?

It means to look at the thorn and see the rose,

To look at the night and see the dawn.

- Elif Shafak
Wise words
There are many more than 300.
I called today. Im on 26 working days and was told im roughly 1100 in line. 3080 5900x. Went and changed to 3090 🤣

Smqtt

Normally, it would be in build for a day or less, testing a day or less and then onto dispatch where, if it got there before 3pm, would be dispatched the same day. However, systems can sometimes be waiting for dispatch for a couple of days purely due to DPD not being able to handle the volumes (understandably). Testing may take a few days if there are any problems etc.
Yeah mine went into testing today just after being built, hopefully it will be dispatched tomorrow or Wednesday!