Send in the GPU

Gorman

Author Level
Please please please do not goto the "Tech guys" for this, give us a call and our guys will talk you through it, for free.

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Alternatively I could phone you guys once my order has been accepted and you could walk me through the removal stage of the card and I send it in to you guys to install which is what I had originally planned, just don't want to dmg the card removing it.

Sleinous

Author Level
Alternatively I could phone you guys once my order has been accepted and you could walk me through the removal stage of the card and I send it in to you guys to install which is what I had originally planned, just don't want to dmg the card removing it.

This'd be the betrer option, but im sure with instructions you can do it :)

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
So no special set up and cables to make them work in sli mode, just plug and play, plus will the psu I have choosen come with all cables I need. Its a very expensive piece of kit which you know very well, just don't want to mess it up.

Rakk

The Awesome
You should get an SLI connector thingy with your PC, I got sent one with mine (I've got one graphics card, but the mobo can do 3-way SLI), that should be all you need to connect the two cards and its very simple to attach.

Gorman

Author Level
The motherboard and PSU are good to go, all you need is an SLI bridge which we can supply, PM me your order number and i will make a note.

Insert the card, give it power, put on the SLI bridge, start machine, enable SLI in drivers. Job done.

Gorman

Author Level
[video=youtube;NoOtYYYrGPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOtYYYrGPI[/video]

Heres a youtube guy setting up SLI

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Just placed my order and spoke to one of your guys and I am going to send my gtx480 into you guys but never got the address, could you supply me with the address I need to send it to, cheers!.

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, seeing as I'm not so savy with gpu's and the hardware I figured out how to remove my current card and I have stashed it in the original box with all the discs included, is there anything else I need to send or is that all you guys need, didn't want to touch the other cables as didn't want to mess with anything else.

Also I placed the old gts250 back in and I was wondering if I connect it to the psu etc will it work straight away?.

Thanks again for all your help.

Gorman

Author Level
Yes it will as the driver set is the same. Although i dont think the 250 needs power from the PSU.

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
I attached the 6 pin connector and slotted it into place, nothing else. Will be sending the card tomorrow to you guys.

Gorman

Author Level
Its not as scary as people think, as long as its not rushed and your not wearing a nylon footie shirt not much can go wrong.

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, I sent the gtx480 yesterday special delivery and you should have received it today before 13:00 hopefully, just wondering if you can confirm this for me, will be sending the finance info off on monday and then hopefully things can move on, also I made a mistake with my psu choice so I will be changing that monday as well and paying the 37 pound difference, choose the quad rail instead of the corsair, any comments on them would be awesome,

Cheers!!.

steve jones

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Steve, There are no deliveries to us on a Saturday, it will be Monday at the earliest that we get it.

Hey guys, just checking on the GTX front, should have been delivered to you guys today sometime this morning, could you give me a heads up and let me know, cheers!.