So I want a new phone :)

The_Doctor

I went with the Galaxy S3 also, got it a few weeks ago and I am ex iphone user and can honestly say I do prefer the galaxy S3.

Got mine from Three, 5,000 Three To Three minutes, 2,000 minutes to any network, 5,000 texts, unlimited all you can eat internet for £34 a month. would have gone with 02 but they are expensive (£40++) with only 1GB of internet use.

HelBic

Bronze Level Poster
Well, if I may join in....

I had an IPhone - 'twas the 3IS which was great. At the same time I had a Samsung Galaxy - the first gen one. I still have that phone and use it every day but it's used primarily as a [phone witha few small apps on it - it's my business phone. When it was time to upgrade the IPhone I went with the Galaxy S2. Still using it, still loving it and prefer it to the Iphone big time.

I now several people with the Galaxy S3 and they all rave about it. All have moved from IPhone 4s to this model and loving it.

My only problem with the Galaxy S3 is one of size. It's big. It's very light but it does make me think of Dom Jolly every time I see it in use.

I am not a lover of the IPhone purely because it ties you in to Apple and to ITunes.

So, as long as you don't mind the larger size (great for games and for office apps due to the larger screen and high resolution) then I'd strongly recommend the Galaxy S3.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I wish i never bought a cheap phone -.-

I cant tell if the screen is faulty, or because the hardware is so crap it feels/is unresponsive and slow.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What was it in the end? The HTC Desire thingy? False economy cheap phones...like cheap bin bags and cut price meat :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
What was it in the end? The HTC Desire thingy? False economy cheap phones...like cheap bin bags and cut price meat :D

yeah HTC, hahhaha cheap bin bags! ace

taking it to a three store today and gonna kick off! just having my cup of rage and bowl of anger for breaky now!

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Bad luck with the HTC, good luck in the 3 store! I'd agree the new samsung looks ace!

As for my phone, I really love it! I was given it in 2010 second hand, it is now over 4 years old! It is an iphone 3G that was bought in Japan when it first came out, after 2 years it was became so slow that apple just gave up with it and dropped support, angering a lot of users! So, my friend gave it to me as he got a new phone! I took it and after many hours of jailbreaking, hacking etc. It is now very fast (to me anyway!). I can do whatever I want with it, I will admit it is falling apart, a lot of parts don't work anymore (including the mute switch and the 3G radio is intermittent :( !). But I have grown to like it so much! It will be another several years before I change it, if I ever do! So, what I am saying is you can get an iPhone to last, they are good phones when they are jailbroken and you have full control of it. There is a lot you can do! I am now on a £5 a month contract with unlimited texts, I don't get internet but my 3G radio is stuffed anyway! and I don't get minutes but calls cost me 10p a minute which is dirt cheap! And I never call anyway! Only problem is that I have to use iTunes to sync it which isn't possible on linux :( ! But, I am more than happy to log onto windows once a month to give it a little sync!

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Bad luck with the HTC, good luck in the 3 store!

lol hahah

I gave them a call instead! after repeatedly explaining what the problem is, (part of the screen doesnt work and its gone slow) Went through the whole steps to take, (turn it off and on again, factory reset, all the usual stuff) Had the phone for about 30 days and they wont even give me a replacement. she said I've gone over 28 days and I will have to book it in and have it repaired! after after ten minutes arguing she put me on hold (to ask) lol, at this point I'm quite enjoying politely arguing with her, as its damn well out of order that the phone doesnt work with less than a months usage and they wont give me a new replacement! She comes back and says the exact same thing, "needs bookin in for repair", at the this point I said, "I want to talk to someone higher than you please" she replies, "well they will tell you the exact same thing", I said "well i will argue with your manager instead of you then" hahah that shut her up. Put on hold whilst she found the manager, who happened to be in a meeting, (of course he is on a saturday afternoon) She said i will get a call back within 2 hours, lol that was 2 n half hours ago.

in the meantime I've done my research, n the law states they have to give me a replacement :) But i think I'm gonna tell them to cancel the contract as they are blatantly trying to cut corners!

Dont use THREE!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I didnt receive the call back at all, lol so called back up myself, apparently he is "in a meeting". -.-

Next call going to mention my call to consumer direct and trading standards, that usually gets them listening.

Anyone else had drama's with 3 before?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
got a call today, from 3's complaints department.

to cut a long story short, they gave me a free phone upgrade and should hopefully be here tomoz.

The magic word - "trading standards" works a flippin treat :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hahah its coming with dpd!

I think its the same guy that gave my laptop to random builders the other week! hahah the same guy I made a complaint about to both PCS and DPD!!!

Oxy

I have the galaxy s3 on 12 month contract with vodafone

nice phone i really like it, very powerful, needs charging ever day.
mrs takes the **** cos its a bit big, but its very slim

sted

Rising Star
I have the galaxy s3 on 12 month contract with vodafone

nice phone i really like it, very powerful, needs charging ever day.
mrs takes the **** cos its a bit big, but its very slim

I want one of these in pebble blue, but I don't really need a new phone atm, my BB is just fine the way it is and I really need to not spend so much money on a single thing (New PC being an exception to that! :D).

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
I had major, major drama with 3 at the end of my contract with them.

I was told to just go ahead and keep the phone and SIM active on a 'SIM zero' rolling contract, because it would cost me nothing unless I used the phone (I'd already upgraded to a new phone, got a new phone number with Vodafone).

They lied. It wasn't free at all and then I had to argue for 5 minutes to actually cancel the contract. The guy was not listening at all. In the end I repeated into the phone 10-15 times the phrase "just cancel my contract now". I just kept repeating it until the guy shut up and actually cancelled it.

Then I complained about it via email and hey presto a reasonable person called me, apologised profusely and waived the remaining £120 on my bill.

Been happy with Vodafone ever since. That was my switch from Nokia to the Samsung S2. Best decision I ever made.

I bought an S3 handset from a dodgy website a week or two ago (it didn't look dodgy, but it is). Handset came from China and didn't include the proper plug for UK. The box had been opened and the handset had been handled. No marks on it and everything else was in place, including the screen and back protector. Saved myself £70 (handset cost £430) but I'm sure I'll have no support or warranty cover. I should have just bought it from Carphone Warehouse.

S3 is brilliant. A nice upgrade from the S2. Highly recommended.

sted

Rising Star
I had major, major drama with 3 at the end of my contract with them.

I was told to just go ahead and keep the phone and SIM active on a 'SIM zero' rolling contract, because it would cost me nothing unless I used the phone (I'd already upgraded to a new phone, got a new phone number with Vodafone).

They lied. It wasn't free at all and then I had to argue for 5 minutes to actually cancel the contract. The guy was not listening at all. In the end I repeated into the phone 10-15 times the phrase "just cancel my contract now". I just kept repeating it until the guy shut up and actually cancelled it.

Then I complained about it via email and hey presto a reasonable person called me, apologised profusely and waived the remaining £120 on my bill.

Been happy with Vodafone ever since. That was my switch from Nokia to the Samsung S2. Best decision I ever made.

I bought an S3 handset from a dodgy website a week or two ago (it didn't look dodgy, but it is). Handset came from China and didn't include the proper plug for UK. The box had been opened and the handset had been handled. No marks on it and everything else was in place, including the screen and back protector. Saved myself £70 (handset cost £430) but I'm sure I'll have no support or warranty cover. I should have just bought it from Carphone Warehouse.

S3 is brilliant. A nice upgrade from the S2. Highly recommended.

3 are rather terrible, IMO. Someone in the family got a phone with three years ago and had trouble cancelling the contract after they over charged and more than once. It was suposedly 99p a month contract (CRAZY I know!), but they charged more than that even when they were in the text/call time limit.

cheshirecat765

Bronze Level Poster
I'm holding on for the iPhone 5 which is due in the next few months..got someone who can get me 30% off a contract so may aswell! I'd be switching to 02..anyone had experience with them before? Good or bad?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm holding on for the iPhone 5 which is due in the next few months..got someone who can get me 30% off a contract so may aswell! I'd be switching to 02..anyone had experience with them before? Good or bad?

o2 is awesome, especially if you live near any of their venues :p but the iPhone, well thats a bad choice imo