Something about Dell

liquid

Alienware make gaming machines, the dell xpx is a multimedia machine not a gaming machine as the best card they come with is a gtx555. They are not really aimed at the same buyer.

The speakers on the xps are about the best you will find on any laptop though, thats not a great feat however as sound quality on all laptops is comparable a cheap battery radio. I realise its a big ask for great sound from a lap top but some dont even attempt to try

Adsike

I don't want to jailbreak mine just incase anything happens, i'm just going to keep it how it is for now but yeah i can understand why you did it with yours. On mine when i open my messages and already begin to type it soooo slow i type then its like lots of mad clicking sounds then all my words appear but by that time i have already pressed the send button. I don't think apple is as good as i first thought out, i would really like an android again :p

Your name...makes me wonder you play instruments, record and mix for people, or do you develop music ?

Fear

Prolific Poster
From what i understood the XPS were aimed at gamers but the problem with Dell is they buy a massive stock at a cheap rate and don't move on to newer things untill they shift what they have.

Adsike

Alienware make gaming machines, the dell xpx is a multimedia machine not a gaming machine as the best card they come with is a gtx555. They are not really aimed at the same buyer.

The speakers on the xps are about the best you will find on any laptop though, thats not a great feat however as sound quality on all laptops is comparable a cheap battery radio. I realise its a big ask for great sound from a lap top but some dont even attempt to try

I understand, that's what i also saw them labelled as. I would much rather get the XPS for gaming though, is still has the power to do so ?

liquid

You can game on them and you will be able to play swtor on lowish settings but it will date very fast. If your buying a machine to game on and you can afford it best go for somethingwith a better gpu.

Right now for a new gaming machine I would expect to see at the very minimum a gtx560 if your like me and would want it to last some time.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
The main reason I jailbroke my iPhone was because it was my Japanese friend's old phone so was Locke to a network in Japan. Therefore, I had to jailbreak it to unlock it so that I could turn it on and use it in England.

Ad for my name, it was possibly the most random thing I ever thought up lol! I had to do it for another forum ages ago and it stuck! I do play saxaphone and piano and listen to a lot of music (have about 10,000 songs) but don't develop any! I am also speaker mad, have 15 speakers in my room including a subwoofer under my bed. I have wired them all up to my iPod so every morning for my alarm, I get incredible sound!! I also have payed about £25 in total, I scavange speakers, box them and them wire them into one of my two amps. My mum now won't clean my room cos she is worried or an electric shock lol! She doesn't have any clue about electricity!

Adsike

You can game on them and you will be able to play swtor on lowish settings but it will date very fast. If your buying a machine to game on and you can afford it best go for somethingwith a better gpu.

Right now for a new gaming machine I would expect to see at the very minimum a gtx560 if your like me and would want it to last some time.

yeah true!
What games are you currently on ?

Adsike

The main reason I jailbroke my iPhone was because it was my Japanese friend's old phone so was Locke to a network in Japan. Therefore, I had to jailbreak it to unlock it so that I could turn it on and use it in England.

Ad for my name, it was possibly the most random thing I ever thought up lol! I had to do it for another forum ages ago and it stuck! I do play saxaphone and piano and listen to a lot of music (have about 10,000 songs) but don't develop any! I am also speaker mad, have 15 speakers in my room including a subwoofer under my bed. I have wired them all up to my iPod so every morning for my alarm, I get incredible sound!! I also have payed about £25 in total, I scavange speakers, box them and them wire them into one of my two amps. My mum now won't clean my room cos she is worried or an electric shock lol! She doesn't have any clue about electricity!

That's hilarious!
my speaker system for computers/laptop is this 50 quid giant angry bird (the red one) it has a sub in it and is actually good quality for a mess around thing!
for xbox Turtle beach X41's, There so nice to look at and are wireless 7:1 and eat your AAA batteries like mad haha, can rig them up to laptop but its a faf

liquid

Well dependant on server of course but they are all reporting simular issues. Dark side are over subscribed which means pvp wait times are longer. there is a capture the flag esk game called hutt ball that they use to help the waiting times as they are imp vs imp or rep vs rep but for the proper pvp I would say rep have less waiting times.

With pve go Imperial as there will be more guilds to choose from

Adsike

Well dependant on server of course but they are all reporting simular issues. Dark side are over subscribed which means pvp wait times are longer. there is a capture the flag esk game called hutt ball that they use to help the waiting times as they are imp vs imp or rep vs rep but for the proper pvp I would say rep have less waiting times.

With pve go Imperial as there will be more guilds to choose from

Dark side it is then ?
Should i go with Sith assassin ?

liquid

I have an assassin as I planned to go tank but the guild I joined is chockka with tanks n healers so i speced dps. Its ok but if I had my chance again I would most certainly have gone sorcerer. They do far more damage, and they are ranged so easier to play

Adsike

I have an assassin as I planned to go tank but the guild I joined is chockka with tanks n healers so i speced dps. Its ok but if I had my chance again I would most certainly have gone sorcerer. They do far more damage, and they are ranged so easier to play

Ahh but i really wanted to play rep, but i just dont know the side to take. I really wanted a jedi guardian for that jumping attack then that slam that crits and deals loooooots

liquid

Assassin is nice in pvp, hard to kill with plenty of oh sh** buttons but not heavy on the dps like mercs, snipers and sorcerers

liquid

shadow is reps version of assassin while the gaudian is the jugganuagt of the sith.

the shadow does not have the best dps but make nice tanks. Hard to describe the dps its like a bit rogue, lock (for dots) and basic mellee (its supposted to be based on darth maul)

The gaurdian is standard warrior, based on vada

Adsike

preferably which do you prefer. I'll consider sides when i first log on xD
i dont really want those pvp queue's