Starfield

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Before I turned off last night, I found myself a nice new ship & Mantis outfit.

You have to follow the quest line about Secret Outpost in the Denebola system (you find the note on one of the Pirates you kill early on).
I'd seen that mission, but hadn't gotten around to it yet!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Capture.JPG

It's 86% on Steam, so only a touch lower than the current Metacritic rating of 88%. Not a game of the year contender, but definitely a fair bit of fun to be had.

Capture.JPG

It was floating around 240,000 to 245,000 during the Early Access period. I imagine a lot of people are playing on GamePass, although the fact it's a midweek launch means the player numbers will probably spike in a big way tonight!

I ended up starting a new save and was able to get upto where my first character was in about 10 hours as I had more of an idea what I was doing to level up/progress the story.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
View attachment 38499

It's 86% on Steam, so only a touch lower than the current Metacritic rating of 88%. Not a game of the year contender, but definitely a fair bit of fun to be had.

View attachment 38500

It was floating around 240,000 to 245,000 during the Early Access period. I imagine a lot of people are playing on GamePass, although the fact it's a midweek launch means the player numbers will probably spike in a big way tonight!

I ended up starting a new save and was able to get upto where my first character was in about 10 hours as I had more of an idea what I was doing to level up/progress the story.

quarter of a million is a lot of people, these numbers can be taken for granted but when you think of it thats a decent size.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Pre open launch, that's a huge number!
Apparently Starfield hit a MILLION concurrent players shortly after launch on Game Pass.

I posted the Steam figures above, which don't appear to be part of the million stated in the article. 1.25 million concurrent players puts Starfield into CS:GO-type concurrent player numbers which is obviously a free to play game.

Absolutely mindblowing!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apparently Starfield hit a MILLION concurrent players shortly after launch on Game Pass.

I posted the Steam figures above, which don't appear to be part of the million stated in the article. 1.5 million concurrent players puts Starfield into CS:GO-type concurrent player numbers which is obviously a free to play game.

Absolutely mindblowing!
I’m really not surprised.

I’m surprised it didn’t have more bugs on launch, this is probably one of the best polished games releases of the last 3 years, and given the scale of it, that’s impressive.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I’m surprised it didn’t have more bugs on launch, this is probably one of the best polished games releases of the last 3 years, and given the scale of it, that’s impressive.
Absolutely. I've done 41 hours (I did guess I'd manage somewhere between 40 to 50 hours in the first 7 days and we're only a few hours off that this evening, so job done!), and have only really seen a handful of bugs, and nothing particularly major - I had some passengers I took from one system to another who wouldn't leave my ship on arrival at their destination. I got paid when I arrived on the planet, and was able to bring new passengers on the ship even though I shouldn't have had enough room for the second lot of passengers.

I read online someone had this issue and they advised ensuring that there were no crew onboard and shooting the bugged passengers. The second passenger would see the first being shot which would give a bounty, but then killing the second one eliminated the bounty due to lack of witnesses. I did save before trying that, just in case!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ve got a bug at the moment, which appeared just after I boarded an enemy ship on the ground.

Once I killed/looted everything, I went to leave and the 2 exit points were disabled and wouldn’t let me exit. Fast travel was disabled and when I went to the cockpit to try the ‘leave ship’ command I notice I’m in orbit and no longer on the planet.

So I land it on the landing spot where my Mantis ship was, and there’s nothing there.

Every time I try to walk anywhere, I get about 500m away and the screen flashes a few times and relocates my into an abandoned mine where walking towards the exit door causing it to reset back the same point.

Only spent an hour on it this evening, so will just have to find an older save from before I boarded the ship.

Ekans2011

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Good evening, everyone.

I simply wanted to share my very quick (just started) experience with Starfield.

A couple more notes on the laptop where I ran these short tests:

CPU: 12700H - PL1 45w, PL2 55w, Temperature Limit 90°C
GPU: 3070ti - Voltage 0.75V, Clock 1635Mhz, Mem 7200Mhz

The benchmark was set with CapFrameX (120s on the first pirates fight).

The attached screens compare FPS and frametimes with four graphic presets: ULTRA, HIGH, MEDIUM, and CUSTOM (the latter are in Italian, but I believe they are easily understood. 😄) @2560x1440 (Starfield Upscaler - Replacing FSR2 with DLSS mod).

I know this isn't the most resource-intensive phase of the game, but the results were more than acceptable for the type of experience I'm looking for. 🥳

Attachments

• FPS Comparison.png
    FPS Comparison.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Frametime CUSTOM.png
    Frametime CUSTOM.png
    419.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Frametime HIGH.png
    Frametime HIGH.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Frametime MEDIUM.png
    Frametime MEDIUM.png
    415 KB · Views: 73
  • Frametime ULTRA.png
    Frametime ULTRA.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Starfield Custom Settings.png
    Starfield Custom Settings.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 78

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
've gotten myself into a fun/weird situation. I'm a member of one of the big pirate factions in the game AND I keep taking the "kill the pirates in such a system" jobs, where I'm killing fellow members of the same faction - fun times!

not sure thats how it works but ok. 🤷‍♀️

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
not sure thats how it works but ok. 🤷‍♀️
It was rare, but you could do similar in Skyrim. You could get quests to kill Stormcloaks/Imperial soldiers, not do the quest for a while and then join the faction and still have the quest available to you.

In Starfield, virtually every major colonised planet has a mission board terminal somewhere (usually in a bar!) and that will give you an endless supply of missions that you can do at any time. The difference with Starfield is that the terminals will have missions that you probably shouldn't be taking once you join the factions.