Steam Summer Sale 2014

LFFPicard

Godlike
My justification is that it is quicker, and especially when it comes to Sales and their servers are busy, it makes payment easier and less prone to failing, thus causing potential headaches with credit cards etc :)

This is why I do my sales buying during the next day. It usually switched at 6pm every day so I just shop before 6pm before the next sale hits.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
It does get a bit like that...after this many sales, you start to own all the "low price games" that always pop up. Only so many games (of any quality) get released every 6 months, so your pool of available ones doesn't grow that much :)

That said, I have already started on my usual "well, I don't really need that, but it is 75/66/50/40% off" thing. SUCH A MUG!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not sure about this Team thing. Purple won the first day, and are already way ahead today. I thought it'd be random each day, otherwise you might just happen to have more idiots/rich people on one team, and they'll win each day! Hmmmm

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Doesn't make any sense to me either :/

Got my first game today as well! Octodad, should be interesting...

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm in team purple, though given how many points I'm going to contribute (ie. very few) I don't think it really matters which team I'm in.

Oliver

Silver Level Poster
Every Year someone creative makes these sales vids...

2013 was an awesome year but this year we have these ones..

[video=youtube;tRxcSNaVCPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxcSNaVCPA[/video]

[video=youtube;yr2GdRBDOmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr2GdRBDOmU[/video]

Both made me laugh they get more creative every single year!

Cricky

Enthusiast
So far I've just bought a few DLCs. Slingshot for XCOM and Draqgonfall for Shadowrun.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the other online game sites (GMG, Gamefly, GOG, Humble etc..) before buying. I noticed some of them had better offers than Steam last time they had a sale.

Oliver

Silver Level Poster
GOG.com is also having a summer sale (they do a DRM free one every year) Picked up Rune on there for £1!

EA has also put Titanfall into a free to play weekend.

As for steam well ill be getting my wallet ready shortly while crying to gabe hoping he will provide the same dailies as the first day of the sale (really wanted witcher 2)

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
As for steam well ill be getting my wallet ready shortly while crying to gabe hoping he will provide the same dailies as the first day of the sale (really wanted witcher 2)

You can still get Witcher 2 for £2.99, as I write for the next 4 hours.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I've bought nothing yet. Pretty much everything I wanted I bought in the last Summer Sale, still haven't played any of it and could now get it loads cheaper.