The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year 2023

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
There's something about this game that is so appealing, I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the character design.
The character design thing is a lot of fun. It's possible to make almost entirely unique player characters
I though this game had better reviews
This review sums it up for me:

Capture.JPG

The game is so, so close to being an incredible game but somehow just doesn't quite manage it. It's a shame really, but that seems to be game development now.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The character design thing is a lot of fun. It's possible to make almost entirely unique player characters

This review sums it up for me:

View attachment 36222

The game is so, so close to being an incredible game but somehow just doesn't quite manage it. It's a shame really, but that seems to be game development now.
oh, okay
Hum ...
If nobody ask for it in the next days, maybe I'll volunteer :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

CMP01

Enthusiast
Absolutely agree.
Nabbed it when it was a free epic title and it was visually stunning! Strong gameplay and story too

Same... and though I can't claim to match up to the RT showcase it indeed was (the only, though still minor, downside of choosing AMD) it's still just as much a showcase for good optimisation and dev skills without it. Honestly, it ran better than I thought it might, even with all the chaos flying around all over the place. And yes, the only other game that impressed me out of the gates as much re story in the last 2-3 years was HZD.

It's a good 'un, RT or not.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Anyone with a 3000 or 4000 NVidia card, or 7000 AMD card, you absolutely have to try Control out as a Ray Tracing demo game, it's still the one to beat really as a showcase of what's possible.
Absolutely agree.
Nabbed it when it was a free epic title and it was visually stunning! Strong gameplay and story too
Same... and though I can't claim to match up to the RT showcase it indeed was (the only, though still minor, downside of choosing AMD) it's still just as much a showcase for good optimisation and dev skills without it. Honestly, it ran better than I thought it might, even with all the chaos flying around all over the place. And yes, the only other game that impressed me out of the gates as much re story in the last 2-3 years was HZD.

It's a good 'un, RT or not.
I can only echo these endorsements, having not experienced RT tech before, it blew my tiny little mind and I spent a good couple of hours walking through mundane corridors marvelling at the lighting effects.

If you need another reason to play Control, this game features a fridge that is frankly terrifying. As optional side quests go, that one has always stuck with me. I’d even go so far as to say that it’s… chilling.

C1158247-2190-4981-8C06-233C54E415D7.gif

CMP01

Enthusiast
I can only echo these endorsements, having not experienced RT tech before, it blew my tiny little mind and I spent a good couple of hours walking through mundane corridors marvelling at the lighting effects.

If you need another reason to play Control, this game features a fridge that is frankly terrifying. As optional side quests go, that one has always stuck with me. I’d even go so far as to say that it’s… chilling.

Nice pun but I won't take that as a spoiler.

I have played Control for a long afternoon or so... but it was more a curiosity/teaser kind of thing as I was already well engaged in HZD at the time iirc. It was good even for that short time and I will definitely get back to it. I'm just (again) engaged elsewhere and don't like too many story driven games going at once lest they all get mixed up in my head, along with whatever book(s) and show(s) I'm watching lol. For now, Dead Space and RE3 (remakes) and the Halo Infinite campaign are way more than enough to get on with.

I am looking forward to this nightmare fridge though.