The Christmas 2023 and New Year thread

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's price of entry anywhere these days is insane on New Years, even the local pub charges entry.

You need like £300 for a decent night out.

BACK IN MY DAY drinks were £1 a pint, no pubs charged entry, clubs were like £20. A taxi was £20 across half of london.

God I'm old.
I think £20 in a London Black Cab would now only get you from about Euston Station to King's Cross Station.

I'm having a relatively quiet NYE, as I drank way too much on Boxing Day (2 bottles of 15 year old Brunello, a bottle of Limongino, bottle of coffee liqueur, a bottle of gin, and a couple of cups of rum-laced hot chocolate).

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
op - Copy - Copy.png

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
"right before the clock strikes midnight on dec 31st
make sure you raise your left leg
that way you will start the new year off on the right foot". :LOL:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Mine is simply to get to Mars Wales as soon as possible, everything else is on hold

What's yours?

so, now this maybe a bit optimistic for homer but looking into learning a new language, not for any real purpose as such, always admired people who can speak multiple languages

homer thinks it will be like this

Poker Face, Homer Simpson, Iphone Wallpaper Grunge, Kwik E Mart ...

but i guessing its more like this

Homer Drool Gif : Homer Drooling | fonewall

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ich spreche ein bissen Deutsch - which comes in handy due to all my driving trips to Germany.

Ich habe einen grossen Auspuff.

Kotya ya ne govoru po russki. Menu adeen pazholista.

The problem I had when working abroad, is all the foreigners wanted to speak English all the time :confused: