The Christmas 2023 and New Year thread

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
more than me,

homer be like vorsprung durch technix itssmartphone translate
I'm more Freude Am Fahren - BMW's translation is "Pure Driving Pleasure", but it's literally "Pleasure of the Driving".

Vorsprung durch technic / advantage through technology - was one of the first German phrases I translated once I started learning German.

I only learnt a little Russian so I could read the Moscow metro signs, and see if our state provided KGB translator was actually writing what we'd put into our proposal documents.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
that sounds cool
Well, we found out later that English was his 4th language, after Russian, Farsi and Mandarin. But he was a strict 9-5 guy (on the dot) and took his 1 hour lunch every day.

We had to as well, otherwise we missed out on the 'meat or non-meat' soup of the day. Was only 80p for 2 courses though.

We had a lovely view of the Kremlin and Moskva river though...
2023-12-31_19-39-37.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I might as well ensure the extra keys get used while Humble Bundle are offering them.

My resolve lasted all of 5 minutes, so the 2024 thread is now fully set up. If you could pin it and unpin the 2022 and 2023 threads, that'd be much appreciated!
Absolutely, will do now

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Well, we found out later that English was his 4th language, after Russian, Farsi and Mandarin. But he was a strict 9-5 guy (on the dot) and took his 1 hour lunch every day.

We had to as well, otherwise we missed out on the 'meat or non-meat' soup of the day. Was only 80p for 2 courses though.

We had a lovely view of the Kremlin and Moskva river though...
View attachment 39803

i bet that was a view and a half :love:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
IMG_9915.gif

All the best for 2024, comrades. May your beer be cold, your coffee be hot, your steam library bulging with goodness, and your BSODs be non existent.

I’m going to eat the remainder of the pigs in blankets that are in the fridge and have a wee dram whilst the cat naps on my lap to ring in the new year. See you on the other side, people ❤️👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
View attachment 39805

All the best for 2024, comrades. May your beer be cold, your coffee be hot, your steam library bulging with goodness, and your BSODs be non existent.

I’m going to eat the remainder of the pigs in blankets that are in the fridge and have a wee dram whilst the cat naps on my lap to ring in the new year. See you on the other side, people ❤️👍
Here's hoping you and Mrs C have a darn sight better 2024 than 2023

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 39805

This is your families year, totally echo @Martinr36, you're due a great one!