The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This goes beyond pcs and to the suppliers for a lack of production and transparency. It’s odd how in every other industry out there, when the demand of a product gets that high, they fully capitalise and ramp up production 100 fold to maintain the orders.
This whole situation has done nothing but push console players who are wanting to make the jump, and even die hard pc players to cross over to the much cheaper new gen console counterparts. It goes way past just gpus and will effect the entire pc market and community. It’s madness.
The delay is coming from the factories that make the chips, the materials needed to make the chips are a limited resource at the best of times.

Now we have a limited resource, with a limited supply chain with a limited work force and limited shipping options. This is causing the delays a combination of everything. Throwing more men at it or upping production without the vital ingredient needed to create the product simply gets you nowhere. This isn't a production issue it's a resource issue

If PCS had the materials readily available I've no doubt they could pump out 100+ machines a day but the material just isn't there

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
Moving slightly into the realm of speculation here, but it might be that there are indeed 3070 orders from October that are waiting on a 5900x, as those are very thin on the ground at the moment, and that is what the people in live chat are referring to.
As has been mentioned there have been forum users who have received 3070 builds in under 30 working days, and similarly there are users who have been waiting 50+ working days for a 5900x, so I think that might be what caused the wires to get crossed.
The 3070 supply on the whole does seem to be better than the 3060ti at the moment though. Stock informer bots seem to be showing more 3070s than 3060tis, and looking at config pricing with the 3070 being only £80 more than the 3060ti suggests better stock supply of the 3070. On the other hand it could be that PCS get 500 3060tis delivered tomorrow and we start to see people going into build!
A lot of this is speculation though, based on what I've read on the tracking threads and my understanding of the order queue. Only PCS will be able to tell you the whole story, although unfortunately with the state of stock deliveries even they might not be able to provide a definitive answer.
How did you find out that PCS would get 500 3060Ti’s delivered tomorrow? If that’s true, then I’m going to be seriously hyped up since this would push me forwards in the queue a lot and I’d feel better seeing some people say their PC has gone into building.

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
How did you find out that PCS would get 500 3060Ti’s delivered tomorrow? If that’s true, then I’m going to be seriously hyped up since this would push me forwards in the queue a lot and I’d feel better seeing some people say their PC has gone into building.
I believe he was speaking in hypotheticals

Rakk

The Awesome
On the other hand it could be that PCS get 500 3060tis delivered tomorrow and we start to see people going into build!
Yep, the words "could be"

I’m on day 27 now so was hoping for a birthday surprise but not to be. If we take them at their word today on Livechat it’s a worry. Every other thing I’ve ordered is in stock so hopefully I’m one of the next up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This goes beyond pcs and to the suppliers for a lack of production and transparency. It’s odd how in every other industry out there, when the demand of a product gets that high, they fully capitalise and ramp up production 100 fold to maintain the orders.
This whole situation has done nothing but push console players who are wanting to make the jump, and even die hard pc players to cross over to the much cheaper new gen console counterparts. It goes way past just gpus and will effect the entire pc market and community. It’s madness.
Consoles are affected exactly the same, as well as cars, anything that uses a cpu in fact.

MrWilson

Godlike
Ah, my apologies, I seem to have confused a few people. I was indeed talking in hypotheticals, I don't work for PCS, and I don't know when they will have stock in, although for the sake of all you lovely people waiting patiently I hope it is very soon! I was merely trying to explain the response from Live Chat that seemed to contradict results that we've seen in the tracking threads.
I really do feel for you guys, and I know that PCS does as well, as soon as they get stock in they will be working hard to get your builds to you.
How did you find out that PCS would get 500 3060Ti’s delivered tomorrow?
Yep, the words "could be"

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
hmmm, i'm struggling to decide if i should switch to a 3070 or not, conflicting information:unsure:
Do you really want to risk going to the back of the queue when you’re going to be front of line when the 3060 comes in stock? No one knows what to do, but if you switch to the 3070 and then the 60’s come in stock you’ll regret it massively! A lot of 3070s are still on 40+ days. Stay strong man

zodiac

Do you really want to risk going to the back of the queue when you’re going to be front of line when the 3060 comes in stock? No one knows what to do, but if you switch to the 3070 and then the 60’s come in stock you’ll regret it massively! A lot of 3070s are still on 40+ days. Stay strong man
Does amending your order make you go to the back of the queue? My understanding was that it didn't.

Last edited:

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
Could you imagine waiting another 33 working days because you took the risk of switching? Hell no 😂 Your time is soon man!

alexking

Could you imagine waiting another 33 working days because you took the risk of switching? Hell no 😂 Your time is soon man!

As someone who had to reset from 18 working days back in Jan to switch CPUs, I can confirm it does suck 😬

At 23 working days now (3060Ti, 5600X) and still expecting to wait a while, just got to keep our fingers crossed and hope to hear some movement soon

thestokehero

As someone who had to reset from 18 working days back in Jan to switch CPUs, I can confirm it does suck 😬

At 23 working days now (3060Ti, 5600X) and still expecting to wait a while, just got to keep our fingers crossed and hope to hear some movement soon
Ouch! I feel your pain, but fortunately, i think my changes didnt impact my wait time too much!!!

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
3700x and 3060ti - 16 working days. After seeing some of the 30+ day guys on here, I’m trying to not even check the order anymore as I know nothing will change for quite a while.

I wonder out of curiosity what the breakdown of pcs orders are. How many orders for each of the 3000 series there are and what percentage of total PC orders include a graphics card smaller than a 2060. The average wait time across the board is only 20.66 days and given how many people seem to be waiting for 3000 series, there must be a lot of orders for low budget pc’s to maintain this average. Either way, given how busy PCS are, they are smashing it :) I feel sorry for them for having to deal with the constant 3000 request as it’s so far out of their hands.

SillyDrizzle

Guys, I caved at 20 working days. removed the card and upgraded elsewhere and will source a card myself, something a little more base powerful but will the ability to easily run a 30 series card when stocks and supply increase and price decreases! one more out of the queue! Good luuck to everyone else!

thurloto

hmmm, i'm struggling to decide if i should switch to a 3070 or not, conflicting information:unsure:
That wouldn’t make much sense, surely. You’d have to go to the back of that queue which is presumably as long if not longer than this one. No point resetting yourself now. Could be that the CPU you’ve ordered isn’t in stock also so they’ll have to wait for that on top of the GPU