Total Biscuit... his thoughts on battlefield 3 beta.. caspian border

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
oh right fair enough, would of been good if each system had a different map, although would probably give half the game away completely free

Fear

Prolific Poster
After seeing his review for the first map he played (i think it was called metro) i was thinking of cancelling my order........... luckily he managed to get on the caspian sea map and changed my mind.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You really really shouldnt base your pre-order to TB...he's a cretin half the time :)

Metro is great! Played it half a dozen times now, attack and defence, and really like it...so looking forward to the rest of the maps!

F3AR

Just a heads up, to get on the map caspian border, you need to go on the battlelog and search for zh1nt0 he is giving out the pass, ATM it's :
shoppingcartsareagoodride

Fear

Prolific Poster
You really really shouldnt base your pre-order to TB...he's a cretin half the time :)

Metro is great! Played it half a dozen times now, attack and defence, and really like it...so looking forward to the rest of the maps!

It was not what he said more to do with the gameplay i saw as it just did not look like BF2 style which is what i want from BF3 ;)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Sigh...

Got to try BF3 for a while, had to go get something to eat, come back, and now it's telling me I can't play because origin is not installed, which it is. And this is just stupid.

Dayve

I didn't sign up for any BETA's on purpose, I want to play it on release day when it's finished, or at least more finished than the BETA. After watching this I can tell it's not strayed too far from its roots, and it definitely looks like they built on BF2 rather than just create a completely new game. This makes me happy. I will 100% definitely be pre-ordering ASAP and will probably end up putting thousands of hours in to it, just like I did with BF2.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Just going to bed, can't be arsed with this, don't know how such a error could make it through closed beta.

Barnaby89

If u can get on Caspian Border it is a big difference to being stuck on Metro.

To me Metro is more aimed towards the CoD crowd. Still enjoyable for me personally, though.

But yeah, don't understand why they didn't try to push for a Caspian Border release on the beta as it would show the game off to it's true potential.

Will expect to see it available for all public servers within a few days though...surely.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Sigh...

Got to try BF3 for a while, had to go get something to eat, come back, and now it's telling me I can't play because origin is not installed, which it is. And this is just stupid.

Its a beta, the very term is used for something that is still in major testing phase, its bound to have errors, but until they run a beta test theres really no way of knowing how a bit of software will react on different systems with different hardware and software installed. Id be shocked if they carried on in closed testing then just went and released without a beta. I like the fact these errors are coming up because it means they have a chance of fixing it for the full game. At the end of the day your sat their complaining about a product which DICE themselves say has bugs, the reason theyre giving it to you in the first place.

Either play the beta and give constructive criticism to them or dont bother playing at all.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Well after 6 hours no make that 7 hours i have had nothing but problems but i think it's mainly all down to that stupid origin program that you have to use and the most annoying part is that i can not shut my system down when that is on my system even if i do not start the stupid program up i end up having to hit the reset button, if anyone can think of something that might help please let me know as my head is spinning at the moment and before anyone goes for the reinstall done 2 for the graphics beta drivers as that messed up first time, 2 full reinstalls of BF3 beta and either 5 or 6 complete reinstalls of origin (i did originally have the EADM on my system as that installed from dead space, i had no problems with that but i did not have to have it running so never did) :(

MeveM

Bright Spark
Origins is having more problems then BF3 does. So DICE decides to put their soon to be released game to be run by a EA program which itself is in beta. Great move.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not really DICEs decision. EA are the publishers and infact DICE are sort of part of EA.

Not saying its right...bring back EA games on Steam! :D

MeveM

Bright Spark
Its a beta, the very term is used for something that is still in major testing phase, its bound to have errors, but until they run a beta test theres really no way of knowing how a bit of software will react on different systems with different hardware and software installed. Id be shocked if they carried on in closed testing then just went and released without a beta. I like the fact these errors are coming up because it means they have a chance of fixing it for the full game. At the end of the day your sat their complaining about a product which DICE themselves say has bugs, the reason theyre giving it to you in the first place.

Either play the beta and give constructive criticism to them or dont bother playing at all.

Right. Ok, let me get this right. Me saying that I've got a error, and saying what the error is, is not a contructive critisism. And due to that problem, I'm unable to get into the game, to give further advice regarding the game.