Well I ordered on Friday and now it's time to play waiting game :)

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
So excited cannot wait to game on it soon as they send it to me:taz::taz::taz::D

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-3570 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5003AZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)
Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Is there any reason you went for the sabertooth? I think I have the one below that which is still SLI ready and it seems to do the job just fine.

Other than that though, very nice build! I have pretty similar minus the SSD (I went for a 1tb caviar black instead) and it's perfect for gaming. Gives the option to stick another 670 in there in the future if needed but for now it's running anything I throw at it perfectly. Expect that 500gb to disappear very quickly by the way! x)

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Is there any reason you went for the sabertooth? I think I have the one below that which is still SLI ready and it seems to do the job just fine.

Other than that though, very nice build! I have pretty similar minus the SSD (I went for a 1tb caviar black instead) and it's perfect for gaming. Gives the option to stick another 670 in there in the future if needed but for now it's running anything I throw at it perfectly. Expect that 500gb to disappear very quickly by the way! x)

Well I read some reviews and also watched some youtube ones and for me I wanted the Sabertooth for the thermal armor. Sure it looks pretty but the benchmark video's I watched the armor protects your motherboard from the heat from your other components such as your graphics card etc aswell as keeping your motherboard dust free so when you go to put new pieces into your extra slots you will not get any problems from static electricity. The review I watched said that with the thermal armor the motherboard is alot cooler not much but still... The motherboard has lots of inbuilt heat sensitive features(forgot specifically!). Cooling for me is a big thing :) and the 5 year warranty from Asus.

My old 1tb drive I dident even use 250gb with the Operating system but I went for a 750w PSU so if needed I'dd add some more in the future.

Last edited:

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I was also wondering do PCS instal the drivers by USB with the latest drivers from the manufacturer or the ones that come with the products on disk?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Just curious because I've never updated motherboard drivers before except for the lan one and I'm ok with the gpu driver but all the other stuff no idea...

Youtube for the win if not :).

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Just curious because I've never updated motherboard drivers before except for the lan one and I'm ok with the gpu driver but all the other stuff no idea...

Youtube for the win if not :).
I think PCS install the drivers from the disks provided,but I'm not certain.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Made a change to my order switched bronze for gold dident notice how useful limiting the amount of cables you use is.

Toxophilix

Bright Spark
Made a change to my order switched bronze for gold dident notice how useful limiting the amount of cables you use is.
Yes, very. I made the same switch and I have a drawer-full of unused cables and a clean interior to my PC. It's got to be beneficial to airflow, if nothing else.

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Hello again, just a quick question concerning the The Coolermaster 690 II Case I've been watching reviews and it's hard to find a review for just The Coolermaster 690 II Case mostly advanced version I'm seeing but I've noticed in pictures of built systems on pcs that is has pretty much all the features the advanced one so which will i be getting the advance or none advanced one?

Also wondering how would I go about getting a side panel that is see through?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Hello again, just a quick question concerning the The Coolermaster 690 II Case I've been watching reviews and it's hard to find a review for just The Coolermaster 690 II Case mostly advanced version I'm seeing but I've noticed in pictures of built systems on pcs that is has pretty much all the features the advanced one so which will i be getting the advance or none advanced one?

Also wondering how would I go about getting a side panel that is see through?

I believe the one that PCS stock is the advanced version which I myself have. As for the side panel, I'm not sure PCS stock them as I only received the standard one but perhaps if you rang them or emailed them they might be able to sort something? If not, I imagine you can pick the side panel up separately if you really wanted it from another website.

As for the case itself, it really isn't brilliant and definitely a good choice. It's huge and spacious and full of various USB/SD slots all over the place.

george682

Bronze Level Poster
As for the case itself, it really isn't brilliant and definitely a good choice. It's huge and spacious and full of various USB/SD slots all over the place.

Surely you mean "is" !!!!!!! :oops:

Pcs tell me that it is the advanced case with usb 3.0 :)

Message from pcs:

"I can confirm we do indeed stock the USB 3.0 version of this case.

If we can assist you any further, please do not hesitate to contact us".

Last edited:

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
I spoke to a PCS customer service with the online option and they told me they do not come with the windowed version so I'll get one off amazon or something.