What game(s) are you currently playing or looking forward to in 2011 ?

Pete

Bright Spark
Since having my new PCS pc, i've just finished a run through of GTA4 - didn't have it on low settings this time ! which was great.

I'm more into RPG style games and have done a couple of run throughts of Dragon Age, though i've not played any of the DLC or awakening yet.

I've just ordered Mass Effect 2 as i played the first one sometime ago and this version has good reviews, not to mention ME3.

Upcoming of course is Diablo 3 and Dragon Age 2 but i'm maybe more keen to see if Dungeon Siege 3 returns to it routes and improves on the DS1.

anyone got any other upcoming tips ?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I'm playing through Empire Total War right now but I'm really looking forward to Dawn of War 2: Retribution in March~

Stappa

Enthusiast
I'm playing Napoleon TW,BFBC2&Dragon age origins atm, looking forward to Shogun 2 TW and maybe Dragon age 2?

any tips on Dragon age origins ?i think I'm rushing it to much i keep skipping some of the dialogue lol

Last edited:

Mitchell

Fable 3! We should be getting the PC release soon. Also can't wait for the new Dragon Age game and Mass effect 3. However I'll probably get Mass Effect 3 on the xbox 360 as I have both 1 and 2 on there also.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Personally I can't wait to get Deus Ex 3, Mass Effect 3 & Shogun: TW 2... All three are hopefully set to be awesome.

Pete

Bright Spark
any tips on Dragon age origins ?i think I'm rushing it to much i keep skipping some of the dialogue lol
hehe yeah, some of the dialogue can tedious especially if you've played through before... listening to the other party members chatting away can be funny at times tho.

some interesting games that i'm going to have to google now....

I just found the case to Freedom Fighters, by EA - nice little game, very similar to Mass Effect, except that you can have up to 12 team mates and you can position them, unlike ME1.

JSG10

Expert
I'm with Phoenix on DOW2: Retribution. Looking forward to that. And of course to Diablo 3 (PLEASE hurry up! I've waited YEARS!), ME3 (Probably on Xbox though) and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
currently playing Assassin's Creed II .... this is such a good game! Im on sequence 12 now , loved every bit all the way - great story line!!!! waiting for assains creed brotherhood now - released on ps3 + xbox in decemember but pc ver coming sometime this year (2011)

Pete

Bright Spark
And of course to Diablo 3 (PLEASE hurry up! I've waited YEARS!)

Have you played Torchlight, possibly similar to Diablo - you click, thing dies, pickup droped item, sell useless item. That's why from the teaser video i've seen i'm waiting for something with a bit more depth to it, it's bound to get loads of hype though.

Just seen GTA 5 is on the horizon :¬)

JSG10

Expert
Lol if you describe it like that then yeah it sounds pants. But Diablo and Diablo 2 were fantastic, great storyline to them and plenty of character customisation (ability wise)

frosty

Well the COD-UO community is really small nowadays maybe only a thousand or so players still play on various servers. Most of those are old school servers with admins like i used to be before we let our server die. But the good thing about those days were if you were a suspected cheat you could be banned with a couple of mouse clicks it didnt rely on anti cheat software. Its one of the things that the ppl still playing it keep it alive for a great enviroment to play in. No swearing abusive "kiddies" or suchlike they cant get away with it.
As for Black-Ops its not quite as good but its ok, you just have to choose a server that has Admins on it. If you have the game go to the server browser select a likely server and hit "server info" or some similar button cant remember TBH PC is on order lol, it will tell you if players are in there with the clan tags that match the server name. If they are go play any idiots or suspected cheats will be dealt with.

OliW

TES V is my most antisipated game of the year and cant wait till it comes out!! 11/11/11
currently working with TES IV construction set making a massive fan made MOD called MERP (middle-earth rollplaying). Google > merp stray, is the forums for this MOD, anyone interested in The Elder Scorlls or likes the sound of middle-earth rollplaying should check it out ;)

BAD SANTA

Elder scrolls v is going to be epic shame that Bethesda have passed it on to a different company to develop it, hope they really pull it out the bag and don't let the series down. Also just finished hard on Starcraft 2 and I tell you some of the missions are harsh but great game looking forward to the next Zerg expansion. Playing black ops and new Vegas as well lol.

OliW

Bethesda havnt passed on The Elder Scrolls series to another company, however, they have developed a new game engine, which should be wicked!! as the old one for oblivion and fallout/new vegas was majorly out dated :p