What game(s) are you currently playing or looking forward to in 2011 ?

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Looking forward to: Two Worlds II, Skyrim, Retribution, SW:TOR, Dungeons, Magicka, Dragon Age 2 and many other titles. This year is going to be crazy...

Currently playing: Civilization V, Various Indie titles and any game needing a review. (Which is many!)

Kaitel

Bronze Level Poster
Total War Shogun 2 in March I believe, and I'm gonna give EVE Online another try when they release the Incarna patch, hopefully in the summer, that allows avatars in space stations, the graphics engine looks amazing!
Space scenes always looked good but it felt very isolated just stuck looking at your ship all the time.

James

I'm a Fable fan(Loooong time lol) and a Dragon Age fan and just gone through Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, I'd recommend it.

It's a brilliant RPG I'd say, pretty good graphics, quite a good storyline and the pluses of no crappy little dog following you barking every time it spots something shiny, no having to have team-mates go with you to survive, oh and you get to turn into a dragon so win win haha

Definitely worth giving it a look up ;)

Last edited:

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
@James - thanks, I bought that saga recently but haven't gone through it yet, sounds like it would be worth investing some time in!

Pete

Bright Spark
yeah i played the witcher a while back but found the controls a bit clunky and the way things constanty re-spawned made it a bit of a grind. the graphics are nice tho.

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
All you gamers should try The Witcher. Later this year witcher 2

Never managed to get immersed in that. It looks like a great game but there's something about the controls and day/night cycle that really bugged me. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it bugged me to the point of not being able to get sucked in and play further.

Dantay

On the PC: The mighty Guild Wars 2 ! I played the hell out of the first and really can't wait to relive it all in the new game ;D

But thats about it PC-wise. There are, however, Tons of games heading to the PS3 soon I can't wait for such as:-

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Deadspace 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Killzone 3

Looks like 2011 will be a great year for sequels :D

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Games i'm looking forward to, are ...
-CRYSIS 2 >.<
-uncharted 3
- Portal 2(on ps3, cos you get a free copy of it on pc)
- Killzone 3 (it may actually be good)
- Xcom remake
- shogun total war 2
I'd also love a new counter strike <3

Slurpak

Silver Level Poster
currently lookg forward to dragon age 2, portal 2, but most of all, TES V - Skyrim. skyrim is going to be so insane. i just ordered a new pc with this in mind, and hopefully be able to full spec it when it comes out. gonna be a pretty damn demanding game though.

info on skyrim for anyone that wants (who wouldn't?):
http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/955624-the-elder-scrolls-v-details-first-in-game-images/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/10/video-behind-the-scenes-of-skyrim.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/14/the-sounds-of-skyrim.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/18/skyrim-the-time-lapse-art-video.aspx

^^ thats all the info that ive found on it, and trust me, ive been looking around alot!

Phil

Silver Level Poster
Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2, Dragon Age 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Diablo 3, Gears of War 3, The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, Forza Motorsport 4, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

probably loads more but thats all i could think of off the top of my head :)

Pete

Bright Spark
It's going to be an expensive year.... i wanted a new car too!

Games i'm looking forward to, are ...
-CRYSIS 2 >.<
-uncharted 3
- Portal 2(on ps3, cos you get a free copy of it on pc)
- Killzone 3 (it may actually be good)
- Xcom remake
- shogun total war 2
I'd also love a new counter strike <3

Duke Nukem Forever, Portal 2, Dragon Age 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Diablo 3, Gears of War 3, The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, Forza Motorsport 4, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

James

@James - thanks, I bought that saga recently but haven't gone through it yet, sounds like it would be worth investing some time in!

I don't regret the time spent...well wasted lol

My tip: Save often, and I mean often, it doesn't autosave a lot and you'll probably die unexpectedly or faster than you think you will at least a few times.

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Currently playing:
Dungeons, Cities in Motion (Preview Version), Magicka (Co-op), Dawn of War II (Co-op)

Looking forward to:
Shogun 2, Skyrim, Defenders of Ardania, King Arthur 2

Sceptic:
X-Com: My favourite series, ever. The new game looks too much like BioShock (I was one of the few peope who deeply hated BioShock and thought it was an extremely shallow game dressed up in a pretty jacket) and is set in a time period / location which has very little appeal. Would have preferred a more modern day approach with the traditional X-Com enemies - and going a little bit more in this direction at a later stage. I remain hopeful but nothing they showed to the press so far looks exciting. :(

Diablo 3: Looks incredibly boring and repetitive. Has anyone actually managed to finish going through a 10 minute game-play video? It's 10 minutes of doing -exactly- the same over and over. Again I remain hopeful but so far it's not living up to expectation.

There are a few dozen more games which are of interest - but it would become a rather massive list.