What game(s) are you currently playing or looking forward to in 2011 ?

Pete

Bright Spark
Dragon Age 2 demo :
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

thought'd i'd give it a go - 1.8gig coming down at 100k .... only another 4 hours to go.

i also invested in Magicka, as it looks quite a laugh, if i can remember the spell combinations. while i wait for DA2 to come down in price a bit.

Last edited:

mrleemcc

Well i am playing World of Warcraft, and can't wait for Diablo 3 out later this year. other than that my ps3 gets other abuse for games, i love rpg's and would love a few more for the pc. i have played dragon age on the console but would like some ideas plz

JSG10

Expert
RPG for the PC?

ANY of the Elder Scrolls games. Any of the Fallout games. Baldurs Gate (although this is going back a bit and you probably won't like it)
Guild wars is a pretty good free mmorpg and you can get the whole set cheap now.
Dragon Age obviously. Mass Effect 1 or 2.
Neverwinter Nights.. again quite old.
Spellforce (not so sure with this one though) Risen (takes a while to get into)
The Witcher (just recently started playing this and its pretty good! 2nd comes out soon)

Think that should be enough to get you going!
Oh of course, any of the Final Fantasys as well but not sure how easy it is to get them on PC now. Most of mine are ROMs I play using an emulator. I do also own the games on their console formats :)

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
I would recommend looking at Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga as well.
Dragon Age is great - Mass Effect is good as well.

For older Games (and them actually running fairly easily) check Gamers Gate and GoG. I would state where you could find some reviews on our favourites but well, that should be obvious ;)

Pete

Bright Spark
10 minutes left for me on DA2 Demo :) Slow download though, guess everyones trying to grab it.

what did you think ? I quite like it, the animation linking different moves is nice. the talk selection system is a complete rip of mass effect. It is a bit more jumping around and bashing things than DA1 but so much in the demo is disabled.

mrleemcc

Thanks for the suggestions and as for the final fantasy ones i have them on the ps3. will definately have a look at them

Again Cheers :)

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Cities in Motion turned out to be surprisingly good. Incidentally, we received 5 copies from Paradox to give away - so if you have an interest in the genre you might want to have a look. With upcoming expansions it could rival Transport Tycoon Deluxe. (Right now you only transport passengers)

Meanwhile - I've personally pre-ordered Shogun 2 as it looks -awesome-, and Total War with co-op is well, very high on my list. With that, Dragon Age 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, DoW2: Retribution and other titles coming out, I'm not really sure where to find enough time. Anyone remember the times when there were NO good releases at all for months upon months? Who said PC Gaming is dead!?

Haz25

Evil,
Yeah Multiplayer on Shogun 2 looks like a game in its self, never really tried my hand at MP on any of the total war games (starting with shogun 1 in 1999/2000?) bar the odd game with a friend on Rome. This looks to be the one to get me started though.

Haz

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Bear in mind there's a difference between multiplayer and co-op. Co-op let's you play the normal game with a friend (which is awesome!) whilst multiplayer in Shogun 2 gives you a persistent general with skill trees etc. and a bunch of persistent troops that carry between battles.

If your troops die/get damaged, they need healing and can't be used for a few multiplayer matches. Have a look at this Shogun 2 Preview I wrote a while back. At the bottom, there's a further link to a Siege Battle video which is well worth watching as well - it gives a lovely picture of the battle engine. I can't wait.

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
I'm currently playing:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Dead Space 2 (which is ******* awesome)
and when I can afford it, Dawn of War 2: Retribution

I'm looking forward to:
Space Marine
Diablo 3
Crysis 2 (although less since I heard the news about the graphics...)
Battlefield 3
the new Deus Ex game that's set for release this year

Loads of awesome games coming out 2011 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

luciferon

Playing:
Lord of the rings online (PC)
Black ops (360)
Mass Effect 2 (360)
Looking forward to:
Guild Wars 2 (PC)
Star Wars the Old Republic (PC)
Mass Effect 3 (360)

Clivewk1

im currently playing Rift, Dragon age 2. once my new pc arrives ill be dling the hd textures for da2.

looking foreward to: guild wars 2, diablo 3, SWTOR.

Pete

Bright Spark
Dragon age 2. once my new pc arrives ill be dling the hd textures for da2.

what's your opinion of it so far ? obviously there are a lot of negative reviews from DA1 players but i'll be interested to play it a bit later in the year.

Mass Effect 2 Picked up the game of the year i heard on the radio this morning.