Clarify the "processing time" in the "my orders" section

eliver

Mine was 9-11 Days.
I'm on day 12 & Finally it has been built.
So don't worry, expect it built in next day or two.

I was getting a little bit worried since I'm on day 8 on pre-production.. I was thinking maybe the website didn't get updated or something that's why it still says pre-production..

Yeah, it's 100% normal

The overwhelming majority of the time for your order will be pre-production. i.e. your order is sat in a queue waiting for one of the many builders to get to building it. They are currently building systems of people who ordered before you did.

Once they start building the process tends to move very quickly. It doesn't take long to build, then it needs to go for testing and QC. Assuming no issues are identified it will get packed and shipped pretty fast. Often all that within a couple of days.

Obviously it's only an estimate and you might end up waiting a bit longer, but with any luck you'll see some movement this week :) If it were me I'd probably call them on Tuesday if I'd heard nothing as that would be day 13, though calling doesn't really do much as they'll build it as soon as they can

Edit: Just to be clear - 12 isn't a magic number - I didn't say Day 13 because of @VenatoS post, I said Tuesday because I normally give companies the end of the week and then Monday's grace before chasing them when I feel nice!

I see.. I'm just being paranoid then.. hehehe.. it's been a long time since I ordered a custom built pc.. last one was about 2005.. That's actually a great idea to give Monday's grace.. I should be doing that as well.. I'm just really excited about my new pc.. :giggle:

VenatoS

Yeah, it's 100% normal

The overwhelming majority of the time for your order will be pre-production. i.e. your order is sat in a queue waiting for one of the many builders to get to building it. They are currently building systems of people who ordered before you did.

Once they start building the process tends to move very quickly. It doesn't take long to build, then it needs to go for testing and QC. Assuming no issues are identified it will get packed and shipped pretty fast. Often all that within a couple of days.

Obviously it's only an estimate and you might end up waiting a bit longer, but with any luck you'll see some movement this week :) If it were me I'd probably call them on Tuesday if I'd heard nothing as that would be day 13, though calling doesn't really do much as they'll build it as soon as they can

Edit: Just to be clear - 12 isn't a magic number - I didn't say Day 13 because of @VenatoS post, I said Tuesday because I normally give companies the end of the week and then Monday's grace before chasing them when I feel nice!

What this man said.

Mine was sitting in pre-production for 11 days.
Now yesterday it was built and i got notified at like 4pm.
& Literally just a minute ago I got notified of it being tested!
I am expecting it this Friday if no issues arise during the testing phase. Hype traainnnn :ROFLMAO:
Test Date08-01-2020

eliver

What this man said.

Mine was sitting in pre-production for 11 days.
Now yesterday it was built and i got notified at like 4pm.
& Literally just a minute ago I got notified of it being tested!
I am expecting it this Friday if no issues arise during the testing phase. Hype traainnnn :ROFLMAO:
Test Date08-01-2020

Woah.. congratulations!! 👏 Can't wait to ride the hype train myself.. hehehe.. 🚂

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
The chat is open till 8pm week days and 5pm Saturdays i believe.. the same as the phone line.

I cant believe i totally missed pre-production but my chassis of laptop is a new line so its possible they have lots in stock and ready to go.

VenatoS

The chat is open till 8pm week days and 5pm Saturdays i believe.. the same as the phone line.

I cant believe i totally missed pre-production but my chassis of laptop is a new line so its possible they have lots in stock and ready to go.

The chat wasn't showing up & still isn't.
But don't need it anymore :)

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
i used it about an hour ago to check delivery is definately going to be tomorrow .. you have to be signed in to your account

Chrisdo

Has anyone tried the collecting their order from the business park in Wakefield? My order is still in processing stage so not expecting it anytime this week but back in work next week and it might be easier to make the 30 minute trip over the M62 to collect rather than not be in when the courier arrives. I have read one account of being told it was ready to pick up but their PC not being ready when they arrived... so wasted journey....probably an exception rather than the rule?

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
My laptop finished testing today and will be delivered tomorrow... it has to finish testing by 3pm i believe on of the livechat people to go out that day.. its not like they hold on to it for extra time.. Do they charge extra for delivery? is it worth travelling the distance and possibly comparing any delivery charge with any petrol that you will have to pay out

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Has anyone tried the collecting their order from the business park in Wakefield? My order is still in processing stage so not expecting it anytime this week but back in work next week and it might be easier to make the 30 minute trip over the M62 to collect rather than not be in when the courier arrives. I have read one account of being told it was ready to pick up but their PC not being ready when they arrived... so wasted journey....probably an exception rather than the rule?

Mistakes happen, and could just as easily happen with the courier company as PCS themselves I suppose.

I think your best option is to give them a call to discuss. If it's more convenient for you to drive there and back than it is to have to be in for a courier, explore the option :)

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
Just called them as it’s awaiting dispatch apparently all deliveries are awaiting delivery for 2 to 3 days after they are made as they have a lot of back orders and there only so much room on the DPD van.

Fistful

Hello, just popping in to this thread to ask a quick question to those of you also waiting on an order. I got an email this morning letting me know my desktop computer is still processing but will be worked on ASAP - I can now amend the order in my profile, so I assume that means it’s getting closer and closer to getting put together? I’m fine waiting as long as it takes for work as good as this company does, my friend had a computer designed in 2013 which is still kicking to this day.

Been processing for 7 days, but I did place an order at a very busy time (December 31).

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I've no idea why it spent so long saying processing then - when I last ordered, which was a while ago, processing tended to be to do with the payment and pre-production tended to be the 'your order is sat in the queue' bit. But that may have changed.

The bottom line is, if you paid PCS and they got your money, your order's in the queue and waiting to be built once everyone else who clicked the order button before you has had their system built :) So it is getting closer to being put together.

Mines 9 working days in Pre-Production it says and given news about DPD I am prob not expecting my order this week but hopefully it will be by 17th Jan.

Fistful

I've no idea why it spent so long saying processing then - when I last ordered, which was a while ago, processing tended to be to do with the payment and pre-production tended to be the 'your order is sat in the queue' bit. But that may have changed.

The bottom line is, if you paid PCS and they got your money, your order's in the queue and waiting to be built once everyone else who clicked the order button before you has had their system built :) So it is getting closer to being put together.

Helpful as always, mate, thank you. I was quite excited at seeing the email at 6:30, thinking it was my lucky day! So looking forward to the build process, I’ve been watching videos on how it’s done and it’s so interesting I almost regret not doing it myself. The peace of mind and after sales support from here is probably worth the price though, and at least I can’t muck it up if I’m not sticking components where they don’t belong!