1440p Gaming PC need advice

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Rtings rates it very highly. It suggests the response time is around 6ms at 165Hz.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You can get the ASUS TUF 1ms monitor for around £320 I believe

TUF GAMING VG27WQ1B 27"​

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Thanks guys i finally decided to go with lenovo ips
Also i had ordered thermaltake view 71 rgb i guess its pretty big but enough for the cooling

Last edited:

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Hi guys,
Im currently waiting for build (5000x case, 5900x with h150i capellix, 16 gb 3600mhz vengeance ram, and evga rtx 3080 xc3 ultra gaming).
I was really thinking to get G7 but I hate curves. But i can get it for 430£ with discount. I am really thinking between MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD, G7 and Aorus FI27Q-P and maybe lenovo legion y27q 20 (all IPS displays and all 165hz except g7. Lenovo looks really good for price of 360£ but it hasnt got backlight strobing, yet it has dp 1.4 port and looks good as well.
The main advantages between those monitors and are 1.4 DP ports instead of 1.2 on MSI optix. I would like to know if there is much difference between 10-bit and 8-bit with 165Hz, as I know display port 1.4 can support 10 bit at 165hz, i

I wanted to go with MSI because review seems really good but I am concerned about dp port 1?2 and eye care/ comfort for this monitor. G7 has a TÜV Rheinland certificate, such as Aourus, does anyone had an idea if it matters at all? Thanks .It will be used most for gaming.

Please let me know .

Thanks,

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Have you heard of the wonder of 1440 ultrawide?

Most are curved now, and you say you're not a fan of curves (as immersive as they are, honestly) but there are a few good flat ones out there at very decent prices for what you get. Of course, for strictly non-gaming and work stuff, flats are probably better.

Just asking btw cos ultrawide rocks, your 3080 can do well with it and it's an option (especially if you like wide FoV, do split screen tasks or like to sit back and game)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi mate for the 3080 I'd want the Samsung G9 and nothing else

To get the most of that card you really need to be aiming at something like that. You're talking around £800-£1200 for the monitor right enough but hey that's the ballpark you're in with a 3080

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Have you heard of the wonder of 1440 ultrawide?

Most are curved now, and you say you're not a fan of curves (as immersive as they are, honestly) but there are a few good flat ones out there at very decent prices for what you get. Of course, for strictly non-gaming and work stuff, flats are probably better.

Just asking btw cos ultrawide rocks, your 3080 can do well with it and it's an option (especially if you like wide FoV, do split screen tasks or like to sit back and game)
Thx mate, im looking for something up to 27 inch, i seen g9 if i would have bigger desk i would defo buy it but its not an option now. I cant get used to 1000R curves like g7, i guess if it would be flat it would be home with me as I can get it for 439£ from samsung. What i could probably do is order one when my pc is ready and then see myself how it will look like on the desk , gaming etc.
I have also very good deal on lenovo y27 20 with 150 off...
Hi mate for the 3080 I'd want the Samsung G9 and nothing else

To get the most of that card you really need to be aiming at something like that. You're talking around £800-£1200 for the monitor right enough but hey that's the ballpark you're in with a 3080
Hi man, thanks for advice but i think even some AAA games doesnt run 90+ fps with even 3080, id want a best fps possible with highest settings and I dont think 3080 is overkill on 1440p id say its a sweetspot for best fps on ultra settings on every games and upcoming games, might sound a bit harcore :D but i seen a lot of reviews with 3080 on 1440p
Maybe 3080 Ti if it see a light somewhere in 2077

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-14-15-13-06-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-14-15-13-06-15.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 109

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thx mate, im looking for something up to 27 inch, i seen g9 if i would have bigger desk i would defo buy it but its not an option now. I cant get used to 1000R curves like g7, i guess if it would be flat it would be home with me as I can get it for 439£ from samsung. What i could probably do is order one when my pc is ready and then see myself how it will look like on the desk , gaming etc.
I have also very good deal on lenovo y27 20 with 150 off...

Hi man, thanks for advice but i think even some AAA games doesnt run 90+ fps with even 3080, id want a best fps possible with highest settings and I dont think 3080 is overkill on 1440p id say its a sweetspot for best fps on ultra settings on every games and upcoming games, might sound a bit harcore :D but i seen a lot of reviews with 3080 on 1440p
Maybe 3080 Ti if it see a light somewhere in 2077
If you’re pairing a 3080 with 1440p then you want a 240hz monitor like the HP Envy 27 or Samsung G7. Most of your games will be capped at 144 or 165hz, waste of a good gpu.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
If you’re pairing a 3080 with 1440p then you want a 240hz monitor like the HP Envy 27 or Samsung G7. Most of your games will be capped at 144 or 165hz, waste of a good gpu.
Thats what I was thinking to be honest before, you think Aourus FI27Q-X would be an option? Or alienware aw2721? Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thats what I was thinking to be honest before, you think Aourus FI27Q-X would be an option? Or alienware aw2721? Thanks
Why do you want high refresh over resolution? Do you understand the point of that? Have you played high refresh before?

What kinds of games are you playing?

Reason I ask is 99% of humans can’t appreciate any difference over 120hz, there’s a lot of misinformation from YouTubers who have no idea what they’re talking about who say 240hz will make you a better player, it’s not true.
there are a few human being who can react quick enough and see the difference, but that’s why they’re paid $1m per match.

For most people, there would be no difference between 144hz and 240hz or even 360hz

A superwide would be far better from a gaming perspective.

If you’re playing in matches competitively then you’d get 1080p 360hz and reduce resolution to 720p anyway.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Why do you want high refresh over resolution? Do you understand the point of that? Have you played high refresh before?

What kinds of games are you playing?

Reason I ask is 99% of humans can’t appreciate any difference over 120hz, there’s a lot of misinformation from YouTubers who have no idea what they’re talking about who say 240hz will make you a better player, it’s not true.
there are a few human being who can react quick enough and see the difference, but that’s why they’re paid $1m per match.

For most people, there would be no difference between 144hz and 240hz or even 360hz

A superwide would be far better from a gaming perspective.

If you’re playing in matches competitively then you’d get 1080p 360hz and reduce resolution to 720p anyway.
I have small desk for g9, 32 in 4k would be waste, the best option is 27 in 1440p for me, i completely understand what you saying i wont see any difference after 120 fps thats for sure, i play games like rdr2, cyberpunk, metro etc all the demanding games and also strategies like total war and anno, i play cod fifa and less demanding games also, i was thinking 240hz panels has 1.4 ports for 10 bit support and also better panels, less backlight bleed, better color accuracy etc.... but im glad for advises at least i can make decision that i wont regret later on.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have small desk for g9, 32 in 4k would be waste, the best option is 27 in 1440p for me, i completely understand what you saying i wont see any difference after 120 fps thats for sure, i play games like rdr2, cyberpunk, metro etc all the demanding games and also strategies like total war and anno, i play cod fifa and less demanding games also, i was thinking 240hz panels has 1.4 ports for 10 bit support and also better panels, less backlight bleed, better color accuracy etc.... but im glad for advises at least i can make decision that i wont regret later on.
So you’re not playing competitively, are you looking for visuals over speed? If so then 1440p would be pointless on the 3080, not using the card at all. 4k 144hz or superwide would be more suitable.

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Maybe this one guys?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-14-16-27-29-94_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-14-16-27-29-94_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 117

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
I have also checked

LG 34GN850-B Monitor​

Thats an ips but seems lovely