Assassins Creed 4

LFC908

Bronze Level Poster
To be fair it isn't the same as COD because they have multiple studios working on each game and they overlap. AC3 was in production for 3 years apparently. I'm really looking forward to this game! I've loved every assassins' game up to now, the only one that I felt was lacking was revelations... Really rushed.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Just seen a full length trailer/advert at the cinema...wow.

Never mind how good the game is (it WILL be awesome)...IT LOOKS SO PRETTY! :D

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
AGHHH The wait is killing me.

I didn't finish the 3rd one so

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Will DM still be kicking about?

Is the world under attack by Aliens?

I don't want DM to be gone.

I didn't even finish the 3rd one it wasn't to my liking... but i tubed the ending.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I never really got into the 3rd one, So will probably skip this altogether. Its like most games companies now days are simply smashing out sequel after sequel. Gets a little dry.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
3 brought loads of new stuff to the game and I expect 4 to do the same. I'd agree with certain games doing that tom, but with AC, at least there is a continued narrative that makes sequels relevant and arguable needed to continue the story :) (AND IT HAS PIRATES GODDAMMIT!)

bigben

Master Poster
I have enjoyed them all (except Revelations, which I thought was way too short). Can't wait for this one, loved the sailing bits in AC3 and remember thinking at the time that they should have made a bigger deal of it :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Hey, just wondering if anyone has seen any decent prices for this yet? Best i could fine online is about £31 so far.

bigben

Master Poster
Cheapest I have seen is shopto.net (here)
I used to use them all the time for xbox games they are really good at delivering on time (had a couple of the AC games about a week early)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Thanks for that. I have to say im not really into AC games or pirates. Played AC2 for 10 mins and didnt like it, but this looks really good. I like the idea of the ship combat and sandbox nature of it.
One of the things that put me off the previous games is the whole convoluted Animus stuff which seems to be toned down to a minimum in this game.

Definately looking forward to it (which is a suprise for me). Just annoyed the pc release isnt now.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Me and my KB+M are having a whale of a time!

Lots of different aspects to it from the previous games makes it feel nice and fresh (though that might be all the sea air...)

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Cheapest I have seen is shopto.net (here)
I used to use them all the time for xbox games they are really good at delivering on time (had a couple of the AC games about a week early)

WHAT? At that price? Damn. Wish I bought the Skull Edition from Shopto. Oh well.

Thanks for that. I have to say im not really into AC games or pirates. Played AC2 for 10 mins and didnt like it, but this looks really good. I like the idea of the ship combat and sandbox nature of it.
One of the things that put me off the previous games is the whole convoluted Animus stuff which seems to be toned down to a minimum in this game.

Definately looking forward to it (which is a suprise for me). Just annoyed the pc release isnt now.

I've played all of the Assassin Creed games and loved them all. I hope AC4 will be even better !

Me and my KB+M are having a whale of a time!

Lots of different aspects to it from the previous games makes it feel nice and fresh (though that might be all the sea air...)

KB+M? Think I'll stick to a controller lol :p

steaky360

I must admit, I play AC with a controller too :) Although I have played it with kb/m I just prefer the controller tbh.

bigben

Master Poster
I like the game using m+k.
The only games I would use a controller for now are FIFA (which I buy on consoles anyway) and batman (because on the ones I've played sprint, jump, glide etc. are all on space bar and it feels naff)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I might pick it up when its cheap, although I'm not in a rush.

Waiting for a few reviews, does it have that boring Connor in it?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
No, you play a new guy, Edward Kenway :)

Its a different take completely, both in the Animus and out...all i'm sayin :)