Assassins Creed 4

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I created a new save game and I still have the same problem. So I've uninstalled the game and I'm now in the process of reinstalling it. The last time I installed it, I got 2 messages up saying it couldn't find 2 certain files. Maybe this is why I had problems with it.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I have had no trouble with SS...once I found that Ctrl-Prt Scr does nothing and F12 is the way to go :)

When I hit F12, it takes a pic and shows it to me in the corner as a uPlay pop up, then when I exit the game, Steam gives me a summary of SS I have taken.

While I was looking for the SS button, I did see a lot of people werent getting SSs when they pressed the button, so don't know if its a bug or summit...

I've used F12 to take screenshots. But I don't know where they're saved? Suggestions?

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I reinstalled the game and it says it "Failed to Copy: D:\\Support\Software\PunkBuster\pbsvc.exe
to C\\Windows\system32\pbsvc.exe"

What can I do?
Can I just copy the file to system32 folder?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
When it does, any SS you do with F12 will be saved in a folder in your My Pictures called Uplay. If you launch the game from Steam, they should also be wherever Steam SS get saved :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I really can (and have) just sail around for hours :) Attacking a fort here, trying to die against 3 frigates there. Think I am only on Sequence 4! They have really done a great job of actually making you want to be in the world, and not just rush through the main storyline :)

bigben

Master Poster
UPDATE: Looks like it isn't a glitch. Didn't know you had to craft 2 items.
Doh!

When it does, any SS you do with F12 will be saved in a folder in your My Pictures called Uplay. If you launch the game from Steam, they should also be wherever Steam SS get saved :)

This is what I get when I look at my uplay screenshots

definitely not what I have on my screen while playing the game.
Not sure if it's because my 2nd monitor is confusing uplay, I'm gonna try disconnecting it seeing as I turn it off on this game anyway.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
[video=youtube;iIjsRaBAAfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iIjsRaBAAfs[/video]

Worth a watch I think. :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Totalbiscuit...I wish I could like him, but there are two things that always get me:

1) His voice (WTF Is...That Pseudo Trans-Atlantic)

2) He always (to me) just comes across as a bit of a self loving knob that really does believe his own internet hype :)

Not being bitter, but it also doesn't help that I disagree with half his assessments of most games :D

(No this is not based on the fact he whined about KB+M use with Black Flag...though it didn't help!)

bigben

Master Poster
I had absolutely no problems with m+kb.

I've just finished the story. While the story itself was interesting enough to keep me playing it, I found the missions pretty dull. I found that I had to tail people without being spotted too often, don't they realise that people go onto Assassins Creed to hack n slash people to bits, not hide in bushes and haystacks?
Apart from the story the game is fantastic. There's loads of new stuff in this game like exploring ship wrecks which was a really cool idea. Just a shame that after however many hours (probably 30+) I've put into it that I'm here feeling a little disappointed by the ending.
That said I will probably spend more time completing it 100% (on 75% now) and I expect I'll probably start again some time next year, although I may leave the story and just play pirates.

Oh by the way, watched the credits for 25 minutes before I realised you could press s to skip....

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Anysone else using the Assassins Creed 4 app, its a great time waster for work, basically manage you fleet and battles etc on the phone, time still passes so you can make money and complete naval missions etc.

Apparently it works better with friends but i have none on uplay.

My Uplay name is SmokeDarKnight if any one wants to join, might be Smoke DarKnight

steaky360

It doesn't matter if the game is on disc, you'll still have to register it through UPlay or Steam or whatever and launch it through one of those.

Its even worse than that, you WILL have to use UPlay for AC4 :( Even if you get it on Steam all Steam will do is launch UPlay really.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
UPlay isn't terrible, it just had a lot of problems before.

It has worked fine for me over the course of AC3, FC3 and now AC4.

Still prefer Steam, and don't think I would use Uplay as a store, but as a game launch pad manager patch thingy, it does its job well :)

(And it has a clever name...see, because it is a play on the words You Play, but instead of the word You, they have used the letter U, so that it because Uplay, but all the while with the same meaning. See clever!)