Assassins Creed 4

Deklore

Bright Spark
I have to say this is one of the best games ive played this year, if not THE best (and Ive played Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs and Far Cry 3 this year).
The only other Assassins Creed game I played was AC2 and that was only for like half an hour (didn't like it) so I don't count as having properly played an AC game before this.

I think Edward Kenway is a great character - none of this revenge stuff with Ezio - Edward is just in it for the money plain and simple. The ship gameplay is excellent to a point that im still not using fast travel. I just sail around everywhere and its an amazing feeling.

The map is HUGE and theres tons to do/collect/explore. Cant comment on the story as I haven't advanced it that much, but its interesting enough to make me want to see it through. Ive played over 20hrs so far and am only like 20% into the game (I like to take my time), so this could possibly be my first 100+hr game on Steam. Spiritual successor to Sid Meiers Pirates! Its more of a pirate game than an AC game.

I know a lot of people are getting AC fatigue with all the other versions that have come out, but this game is amazing, I highly recommend it!

Last edited:

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
HELP!!

I installed the game but I can't start the game because of a AC4BFSP.exe System Error. It says the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing. What can I do? Is there something which I can download like

edit by tom_gr7, removed the link as could contain virus.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
HELP!!

I installed the game but I can't start the game because of a AC4BFSP.exe System Error. It says the d3dx9_43.dll file is missing. What can I do? Is there something which I can download like THIS to fix it?

erm, what platform is the game? I mean like steam or uplay? you could try uninstalling then reinstall fresh.

bigben

Master Poster
Any ideas why I can't screenshot this game? I've tried F12 with uplay and F10 with Fraps running and both just save a black screen.
Thanks

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Sorted:)

Now I just need the controls for the xbox 360 controller.

By the way its UPlay

Started playing the game last night and I realise I don't need any controls for it as the game recognizes the controller and buttons :D

Played it more this morning and I've just got my own ship. I'm playing the game on FULL graphics settings and I'm loving it!!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Any ideas why I can't screenshot this game? I've tried F12 with uplay and F10 with Fraps running and both just save a black screen.
Thanks

I have had no trouble with SS...once I found that Ctrl-Prt Scr does nothing and F12 is the way to go :)

When I hit F12, it takes a pic and shows it to me in the corner as a uPlay pop up, then when I exit the game, Steam gives me a summary of SS I have taken.

While I was looking for the SS button, I did see a lot of people werent getting SSs when they pressed the button, so don't know if its a bug or summit...

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Has anyone completed Abaco Island? Because when it goes into the Progress Tracker, I can't seem to get out of it when I resume the game.

HELP!!!!

Edit: It keeps pausing the game and going onto the Progress Tracker.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
well after all you guys praising the game, i will go for it. But only during a sale. Must more fun when you get a bargain.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Lies! Full price makes it more fun! :D

Also FF, not sure, but I can only presume it is sticking because the game doesn't like being played with a controller, so is trying to annoy you enough so you'll switch to the proper controls of E, F and Q...none of this ABXY nonesense :D

Or its just a bug and will go away when you turn it off and on again :D

bigben

Master Poster
I just had to board 2 man o' wars with no bullets. Not as easy as you may think. Basically had to kill the entire crew until it let me loot bullets off of the dead bodies to shoot the barrels with.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I love that the forts I take then start shooting and sinking Spanish and British ships on their own. It is just a nice touch. That and the fact the Spaniards and British also like to shoot at each other...not that I have ever waded in after a while, sunk the ones that survived and pillaged everything *innocent whistle*