Assassins Creed 4

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Same here,don't have any problems with Uplay,did have difficulty setting it up,or was that Origin,can't really remember now.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I assume the major problem would arise when you buy DLC for an Uplay game perhaps. Also, With these games on different clients, can people play against each other or is it different systems?

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Its even worse than that, you WILL have to use UPlay for AC4 :( Even if you get it on Steam all Steam will do is launch UPlay really.

Yeah that's how my FC3 launches, Steam opens Uplay. I was just wondering how Fishy Frags managed to install it without activating the game through either client.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Yeah that's how my FC3 launches, Steam opens Uplay. I was just wondering how Fishy Frags managed to install it without activating the game through either client.

I'm curious why people assume I haven't activated the game using either client?
I used Uplay.

bigben

Master Poster
Anysone else using the Assassins Creed 4 app, its a great time waster for work, basically manage you fleet and battles etc on the phone, time still passes so you can make money and complete naval missions etc.

Apparently it works better with friends but i have none on uplay.

My Uplay name is SmokeDarKnight if any one wants to join, might be Smoke DarKnight

I just added you (I'm Alex)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Totalbiscuit...I wish I could like him, but there are two things that always get me:

1) His voice (WTF Is...That Pseudo Trans-Atlantic)

2) He always (to me) just comes across as a bit of a self loving knob that really does believe his own internet hype :)

Not being bitter, but it also doesn't help that I disagree with half his assessments of most games :D

(No this is not based on the fact he whined about KB+M use with Black Flag...though it didn't help!)

I actually agreed with most of things he was staying about Black Flag. n yes I watched the whole thing. Whilst watching I realised how boring the main game (excluding the new ship stuff) actually is. So I will probably give it a miss, without the ship stuff it looks exactly like every other AC.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
That's pretty cool. I'll set up the app and have a look at lunchtime.

Agh that apps ace, you just managed to speed up my ships and heal some, think i've done the same to yours.

I only managed to do it once per ship i assume. Dont know when it lets you do it again.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Don't know tbh. Get just so very shafted on every form of App or such :( I do like it, and just grumble constantly at the "App community" for ignoring it all the time.

The ones that just make iOS versions actually annoy me slightly more, but that's just my Apple-bias kicking in I think.

I will never believe, until I am sat down and watch them do it, that it can be THAT much work to create a Windows version, even if it is AFTER you do all the hard work creating the Android/iOS version. Just lazy if you ask me who has no actual idea how to make an app and it just speaking out of common sense and sheer grumpiness :)

bigben

Master Poster
Any of you fought a legendary ship yet? Just spent 20 minutes fighting one (it kept running away and shooting me from out of range) expecting to be able to board it and add it to my fleet, but no, it just goes straight down leaving me a measly 20000r. So disappointing..

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I did fight one once, but i'm not sure if it was a glitch but there were two of them, i basically fired everything i had, the equivalent of throwing a rock and ran.

Noticed last night when hunting a whale i end up with 1 bone.... ¬.¬

Now according to wikianswers a whale has 356 bones.

I hope they pick someone else to carve the turkey because if kenway and his crew can hunt a whale and end up with ONLY enough to make a glove and a blow dart i think there doing it wrong.

SOME ITEMS YOU NEED TWO OF THEM :censored:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
:)

To the bone thing, I know you are being sarcastic, but would be rather OTT to kill a whale (or even kill a killer whale...) and get all those bones...crafting wouldnt take that long to finish :D

To the Legendary ship thing...you weren't seeing things, that is just one of them where there are two ships, both with half health and half damage of the other 3...but it means taking on 2.

Pro-tip for that fight though...don't take one down all the way, because then the other gets a massive boost (or something). Lots of management involved and is one reason I might never do the Legendary ships... :D