Battlefield 3

SlickShoes

Played more last night and really loving the game, I will buy all the DLC when my bank balance allows it.

One quick question, when I am in a server and playing my loadouts work fine, when the game ends and the map changes all my loudouts go back to the default weapons and I can't select my current load out (M4A1 or M16), are these weapons not allowed on some maps or is it a bug?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea basically the first guns like the m4 and the m16 are exclusive to a certain team. The other team has the AK's. The last gun you unlock for that class will be the other teams gun so you will be able to access them both. The M4 assault rifle that you unlock early on is a good alternative if you don't like using the AK but honestly I love both sides of the guns and it doesn't take a huge amount of time to unlock them for both teams.

SlickShoes

That makes total sense! Thanks guys don't know how I didn't notice I was Russian in those games and not US. I will have to start using those guns more!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
That makes total sense! Thanks guys don't know how I didn't notice I was Russian in those games and not US. I will have to start using those guns more!

Yea it's not as obvious as CoD where they play you the national anthem of your team constantly and make it quite obvious! I rarely know which team I'm actually fighting for (other than obviously the different starter guns). It does apply across all classes by the way so the snipers and the support starter weapons will be different too. I really like the AK side of the weapons tree, they're beasts so long as you have the right scope! I like using them iron sighted mainly as anything like an acog has your screen bouncing all over the place!

Will have to jump on with you sometime even if neither of us do have a mic x)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol, dont forget that all the scopes shine ridiculously bright so you can be spotted easily, and to check and change you camo. I often end up running around the desert in green.

SlickShoes

Cheers, I added everyone on Origin so feel free to hop in to my game if anyone is about and watch me perform terribly!

I'll get a decent russian loadout set up tonight and get a hang of those guns, I just went straight to the M4A1 because it is fantastic in every game for me haha

Outerarm

BF3 was recommended to me by a work colleague... Reading this thread it seems that a lot of people quite like it! So, is it easy to get into now or is everyone too skilled up to allow newbies to join?

May check out options on Origin tonight...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
BF3 was recommended to me by a work colleague... Reading this thread it seems that a lot of people quite like it! So, is it easy to get into now or is everyone too skilled up to allow newbies to join?

May check out options on Origin tonight...

My friend tried out my PC last night for the first time, never played a PC game or anything although he has played BF3 on the xbox. He was shocking to start with but within a couple of hours he was drawing level most of the time. It's definitely tough as a noobie especially in vehicles but it's not impossible, especially if you have experience playing normal fps's anyway.

SlickShoes

I can't buy the premium pack from Origin store, my payments fail constantly. I spoke to customer service and there is a FRAUD flag on my account so that I can't buy anything this was action by Digital River the Origin payment processing company, the date it was action was the same date I disputed my Sim City purchase and tried to get a refund, later that day I cancelled that request. However I cannot buy anything on my origin account now, so no battlefield expansion or BF4 for me. Thanks EA!

Outerarm

Bit puzzled looking at the Origin interface (rather then the website) as what I need to buy! There is the standard Battlefield 3 game for £9.99 then there is the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for £22.49, but it is not clear if the premium edition includes the actual game! Advice welcomed!

Edit: OK, think I figured it out. There was a premium edition for £19.99 *without* the BF3 base game as well as a premium edition for £22.49 *with* the game. Purchased and waiting for product code so I can start the download. May I add that this is my first experience of using Origin and it is rubbish!

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
Played more last night and really loving the game, I will buy all the DLC when my bank balance allows it.

One quick question, when I am in a server and playing my loadouts work fine, when the game ends and the map changes all my loudouts go back to the default weapons and I can't select my current load out (M4A1 or M16), are these weapons not allowed on some maps or is it a bug?

You can change/adjust your default loadout for any class to your preference. Just click the "Loadout" tab and adjust it there :) Then you don't have to reconfigure your class everytime you start a new match.

Keedar

Expert
Bit puzzled looking at the Origin interface (rather then the website) as what I need to buy! There is the standard Battlefield 3 game for £9.99 then there is the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for £22.49, but it is not clear if the premium edition includes the actual game! Advice welcomed!

Edit: OK, think I figured it out. There was a premium edition for £19.99 *without* the BF3 base game as well as a premium edition for £22.49 *with* the game. Purchased and waiting for product code so I can start the download. May I add that this is my first experience of using Origin and it is rubbish!

Waiting for code?When you get the game via origin it will show up automatically in your library.Dont know why you think its rubish :) Everything is clearly explained :p Never had any issues with origin.