Battlefield 3

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Crazy 99 minute round today, there was a boat and basically you couldn't get off the boat unless they gave you a break which they did a few times, there was a lot of folk complaining about Baseraping or somthing but they were letting us land, then we swapped over for another stupidly long round.

The game seems to have a great community.

Wish i'd given it a chance when i first got it.

I seem to be picking engineer most of the time but everytime i launch a S2G misslie it rearly ever gets to find its taget, how much countermeasures do the aircraft have?

rickne

Master Poster
Crazy 99 minute round today, there was a boat and basically you couldn't get off the boat unless they gave you a break which they did a few times, there was a lot of folk complaining about Baseraping or somthing but they were letting us land, then we swapped over for another stupidly long round.

The game seems to have a great community.

Wish i'd given it a chance when i first got it.

I seem to be picking engineer most of the time but everytime i launch a S2G misslie it rearly ever gets to find its taget, how much countermeasures do the aircraft have?

Flares against heat seekers. They have fire extinguishers also (replaces flares).

SlickShoes

I am still enjoying it so far, the really large maps still overwhelm me and I usually finish near the bottom. I have tried learning to fly the planes and can do OK but not against experienced pilots.

I have stuck with the engineer class and use the javelin on maps that are heavy with ground vehicles it is really good for taking out tanks and jeeps and even motorbikes sometimes.

Still not used to most of the maps but enjoying the game and feel like im only just scratching the surface.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster

You will struggle like hell. BF3 is not beginner friendly at all for new pilots/tank drivers, etc. Pro's have reactive armour, etc and how the heck are you meant to kill stuff in a jet with a little pea shooter.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
You will struggle like hell. BF3 is not beginner friendly at all for new pilots/tank drivers, etc. Pro's have reactive armour, etc and how the heck are you meant to kill stuff in a jet with a little pea shooter.

lol its nails to kill jets and tanks.... unless you have one guy with a softlam, with dudes with javelins, a guy giving them loadsa ammo, then a medic just incase... .

sted

Rising Star
As someone who doesn't spend much time on various FPS games and having no previous experience with any BF games, this sounds an intimidating game to learn to play. :D

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
As someone who doesn't spend much time on various FPS games and having no previous experience with any BF games, this sounds an intimidating game to learn to play. :D

It's not so bad if you stick on the Small-Medium sized maps that have maybe 1 light tank vehicle and the rest is 'hand to hand combat'. Unfortunately if you go on anything large enough to have jets/heli's/tanks you're destined for doom. It is possible to get kills but like Tom said, it normally requires a lot of organisation otherwise the person will just repair themselves/jump out before you get the kill. There are far too many perks for like healing while flying, etc. It also doesn't help how quickly people can exit vehicles. I strongly hope that BF4 actually requires somebody to physically open a tank hatch door to exit rather than just hitting 'E' and magically appearing outside it. Too many times have I been stolen from kills from people hopping out before my crucial RPG hits.

It would also be good if they had to climb into the tanks by opening the hatch, etc. This would stop people from hopping in and out to repair themselves in the middle of a battlezone if a crafty sniper could pick them off on their way into it.

Unfortunately I feel Battlefield may be turning too arcadey for these features though.

sted

Rising Star
:S

Sounds frustrating. Seeing player made videos on Youtube is mostly what sparked my interest in BF3 (Hadn't actually known of any Battlefield game before joining these Forums, haha), one that I saw where the player used a Vehicle as bait, planted (a) Bomb(s) very nearby and waited for someone to try drive off in it before detonating, seemed amusing but I wouldn't be sitting there for potentially a very long time to wait for that, but some of the things I saw you can do on there besides that trick alone make it seem like it has the potential to cause a lot of laughs, paired with that major frustration factor.

Thanks for the info!

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Just wanted to share this because i love it

[video=youtube;4J8muiSr-H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J8muiSr-H8[/video]

glass joe

Love watching frankie1080 etc youtube vids. once i get a new pc i will join you guys, might be nearer to BF4

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
How did I know that was going to be a 24/7 metro server... :L

LOL, i have no idea how these servers work but not sure how many legit ones there are.

Got randomed on this one last night and made it a fave, i honetly just didn't bother with the gun 90% of the time, just stood there with the defibs, it was a good laugh though.

A lot of the servers state there for noobs but then you go in and its a few lvl 100's picking off low levelers

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I was going to ask too, is there any point going premium or should i just by the end game addon?

I would defiantly go BF4 premium seeing the content you get.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I guess premium is worth the money is
- you get it cheap
- you play bf3 alot
- you are going to buy the maps neway.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I guess premium is worth the money is
- you get it cheap
- you play bf3 alot
- you are going to buy the maps neway.

It seems to be my main game, but cant find it cheaper than £20 at the moment, i'll have a proper look when the world isn't banned to me thorugh the work internet.

I see BF4 aint till the end of october so there would still be plenty play in it if i got the premium.

I think premium players are also getting BETA access to the BF4 multiplayer.

sted

Rising Star
Ha, good vid Smoke. I've seen some others, one was where they parked one of the vehicles next to a tower and planted C4, ran off to a more 'safe' vantage point and waited for someone to try and jump in. :D Another put Claymore on the front of a vehicle and was trying to get it to explode by driving really close to a sniper who was non-the wiser.

Was playing this for ages last night and managed to get my first knife kill. I don't think I've been in to many FPS' games so much, the last two I really got in to were the first resistance and World ar war online.