Battlefield 3

Outerarm

I think premium players are also getting BETA access to the BF4 multiplayer.
Yeah, I think so too -- I see the waiting download for it in my Origin details.

So which BF3 servers do you all play on? I've just started and really enjoying it (despite being terrible at it) and could do with some friendly servers to jump on to.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Got this message today on BF3

Despite our security measures, we have been working around the clock to mitigate the impact of an ongoing denial-of-service attack on our Battlefield 3 game infrastructure over the last several days. While the motives are unclear, the focus of the attack has been interference with network communications preventing access to multiplayer gameplay. At this point, no user data is involved. We share your frustration about the impact this has had to our service and the ability for many of you to play Battlefield 3. We are working tirelessly to mitigate the problem. As a part of our efforts to resolve these issues, we’ve conducted rolling restarts of Battlefield infrastructure servers to apply some updates. Thank you for your patience and support while we work to get everyone back and playing Battlefield 3 as soon as possible. More updates to come. /DICE Team

What is a DOS attack? I've heard the term thrown around before.

sted

Rising Star
Yeah, I think so too -- I see the waiting download for it in my Origin details.

So which BF3 servers do you all play on? I've just started and really enjoying it (despite being terrible at it) and could do with some friendly servers to jump on to.

I started on a UK one 'Noobs unite 24/7!', when it started the same person kept saying things like "Bloody noobs can't even play" and similar. :D

Not yet playing regularly on any but I do have a few I favourited that I went in a couple or more times, I usually just look for ones that have a good number of players and ping.

Smoke said:
What is a DOS attack?

Disk operating system, so sounds like the attack would be directed at the whole thing which allows for the 'sub-servers' to be displayed and work.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Disk operating system, so sounds like the attack would be directed at the whole thing which allows for the 'sub-servers' to be displayed and work.

The thing is a mess, just had a game an everyone was stuck except one dude running arround killing anyone, then a second game jets had infinite anti misile stuff, think i'll leave it for tonight =(

sted

Rising Star
Ugh, was planning to jump in tonight myself as I've not played it in a bit. Thanks for the heads up though, 'least I wont be unknowingly jumping in to that. :D

Outerarm

What is a DOS attack? I've heard the term thrown around before.
Denial of Service. Basically the 'aggressor' floods the victims server with thousands of data requests (such as malformed HTML queries) each second, basically preventing legitimate users accessing the server. You may also see the term DDoS (distributed denial of service) which is the same thing but with a large number of computers performing the attack. DDoS attacks are usually launched from compromised computers, that is ones which have virus / malware on them.

Have a read of the Wikipedia article of DDOS for more info.

I started on a UK one 'Noobs unite 24/7!', when it started the same person kept saying things like "Bloody noobs can't even play" and similar. :D Not yet playing regularly on any but I do have a few I favourited that I went in a couple or more times, I usually just look for ones that have a good number of players and ping.

I think I've been on that server! I've tended to do the same (look for busy servers with low pings)... will continue to do that but also may think about joining a clan...

Ugh, was planning to jump in tonight myself as I've not played it in a bit. Thanks for the heads up though, 'least I wont be unknowingly jumping in to that. :D
Currently away from home with work, but will be back on Saturday and hoping these issues are resolved by then. Been away all week so looking forward to playing!

Last edited:

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
WOOP got my Premium this morning from the Amazon.com for about £10, looking forward to getting on tonight for some games, oh im out tonight... DRUNKEN GAMES when i get back home.

Thanks to Drunken Monkey for the link.

Outerarm

Awesome, i;ll get you added when i get home. Im SmokeDarKnight or Smoke DarKnight, cant remember if it has a space or not.
Will check when I get on-line later. I'll likely be playing a 48 or 64 player TDM or SQDM game -- trying to level up a few areas to unlock bits and pieces and the DM games seem to be the best for that.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Just bought the bf3 premium edition for around £18!

Can't wait to build my gaming rig and play all the extra dlc maps etc!