Covid 19 has a lot of spending to answer for!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hmmm...I've just had a look at it again and, yeah, it's entirely possible the actual rig itself isn't moving, just the bits attached to it....because you can't see the whole of the rear where it connects with the floor, it just looks like it's sliding all over the floor like my washing machine (I have laminate wood in the kitchen and the washing machine usually ends up a good 6 inches from where it started once it finishes the spin cycle :ROFLMAO:)

The large movements are definitely all deliberate. It's got 3 axis movement. Think of a car drifting, and how the back end would look...... that's what it's doing.

There are some tiny movements on the floor itself but they are barely perceivable.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
I think it might be the game that is making the action of the rig seem to hop about, either way I'd love one!!

If you watch the left front foot especially at the start of the vid, it's deffo moving around slightly but like you've said it's on wood flooring, so little choice really.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah it definitely has a little bit of movement in it. I could put something with a bit more friction on though to help that. It's not perceivable in-game at all though :D

slimbob

Enthusiast
Just won my first race in the chair! Well chuffed. Ironically it was the same track I won my first race in. Was nearly a photo finish though, so close at the end :D

Hi Scott,
How are you getting on with your rig since your last post?
Have you fine tuned any settings or improved anything from playing around.
You said you got a flight sim control in a past post have you tried out your rig with any flight sims yet?
Hope all is going well.
Cheers.
Bob.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's already all certified for FS2020 so I can't wait. I'll be holding off until there is VR support though. I couldn't play it on the rig from my TV, it just wouldn't be the same. I don't think I could go back to playing a FS on a monitor now.

slimbob

Enthusiast
Wow, you're right it will be at another level if you throw VR into the equation along with your simrig !!! I imagine VR support must be in the pipe line, I hope so.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's pretty much silent to be honest. Hardly any noise from it at all. I doubt very much the neighbours would even notice :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was really surprised to be honest. The reviews did state as much though. When it's on full mad-max mode it can hop around a bit, but if I had a carpet it would barely make a sound :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Know this is a bit of a necro but I guess it belongs with my "stuff".

Had some fun over Tokyo last night in the rig and made a little video just to check performance. Looks pretty good considering I was running OBS and streaming to my laptop at the same time for control :D