diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafflo

Bronze Level Poster
anyone planning to get this game when its out? trying to find people to play along with :) when its out :p

luksla

Bronze Level Poster
Never played the first 2 but will definitely be giving this one ago as I heard nothing but good things about the 2nd one.

Tracker

Enthusiast
I never played diablo 2 back in its heyday, but am a fan of the genre. Definately going to be playing this the day it comes out having fallen out of my love affair with SWTOR and expecting i'll be burnt out again on wow xD

Demon Hunter ftw.

Pete

Bright Spark
put me down as a maybe... i'm not fond of lite-rpgs / button mashers (Torchlight etc) but will see what the demo is like.

MeveM

Bright Spark
I'm probably going to download unless Blizzard removes the real money auction house thing. I want to play the game but I refuse to support that type of change to any game, it will do nothing but ruin the gaming scene for all eternity.

mishra

Rising Star
A bit of a tread resurrection. Are you all getting excited as much as I am? It is just round the corner ... I still cannot forgive Blizzard for not giving me beta access. I got it for WoTLK and Starcraft 2.. and was waiting and waiting for Diablo 3 and null! Well in few weeks I will get full version, yay!

btw. Do you know if Diablo 3 will require Internet connection to play or just to install/activate? I am moving my house on 19th of May, and knowing ISP **** services I will end up without internet for few days, hoping not weeks! And don't want to find out I will not be able to play if no internet available.

Finn

Enthusiast
It requires an internet connection all the time, even single player games are hosted on battle.net servers so that you can always transition your singleplayer character to online and blizzard can know you havent cheated.

For me its a deal breaker, I game on my laptop from trains, work etc where the only net connection is my mobile phone tethered.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/01/diablo-3-cannot-be-played-offline/

“We thought about this quite a bit,” says executive producer Rob Pardo. “One of the things that we felt was really import was that if you did play offline, if we allowed for that experience, you’d start a character, you’d get him all the way to level 20 or level 30 or level 40 or what have you, and then at that point you might decide to want to venture onto Battle.net. But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online.”

“Now, that doesn’t mean you can’t play a game by yourself – of course you can. You can go into and start any game that you want, you’ll just be connected to the Battle.net servers, and we can authenticate your character.”

mishra

Rising Star
oh balls! I know broadband providers.. I am going to be for a month without the Internet :( I've been there, done that way too many times to even fool myself it will be sorted in few days.

Thanks for info Finn...

yak

I might be giving it a go but will probably end up dropping it as soon as GW2 comes out.

Also mishra, haven't seen Ninjai in ages... wonder if there are any new episodes...

mishra

Rising Star
...Also mishra, haven't seen Ninjai in ages... wonder if there are any new episodes...

yeah Ninjai great stuff, quite suprised you knew this :) I'm afraid thought, there is still no 13th episode.. I'm waiting now 7 years for it :(

yak

yeah Ninjai great stuff, quite suprised you knew this :) I'm afraid thought, there is still no 13th episode.. I'm waiting now 7 years for it :(

It's a real shame, had great potential, i think they even had offers by nick etc to buy the IP, looks like the website is down even bah.. wanted to go through them again, will find them somewhere though

Status
Not open for further replies.