diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
Will anyone be playing this at 12.01am tonight?

nah ill be playing it 11:01pm ;) and you can install it now aswell. can't wait for this game one of them all nighter games for me xD

Mb2H2.png

Last edited:

Agito

Silver Level Poster
The start was, as expected, tragic. Was only able to log in at ~1AM. Finished the first chapter as in beta last night, and I definitely love the game. Definitely better than D2 which I didn't really like, D1 was better. Can't wait to get back from work and get back into it.

mishra

Rising Star
What a lot of cra***. Every single shop in Leeds have no stock of Diablo 3 !!! Now what buy direct from Blizzard?

edit: ok rant over. Just bought it online... ^^

Last edited:

mishra

Rising Star
Well I think next Blizz game I will blatantly pirate!

I paid for my game.. apparently the "Instant Digital Download" - lol! Payment went through PayPal, money been taken of my account .. yet battle.net says "Order Status: Queued" - and it was like that for last 4 hours. I have no activation key and no idea how long it will take.

One would say .. yeah that's understandable it is the release day, what not... but hey ... I don't buy it. Amazon servers cope with much more traffic, same is with Facebook, Google, ebay, etc...
I just want to enjoy something I paid hard earned cash for...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
But it is true...you paid and tried to DL a game on the same day millions are either doing the same or have it already and are bombarding the servers playing :)

And no, pirating it would not be the answer (but lets not turn another thread into that discussion :D )

mishra

Rising Star
Truth is Blizazrd took my money and I still I haven't received the activation key... that bloody thing still says Order Status: Queued. That is now over 14 hours after I paid for it!

I am so happy I did not take a day off to play this game... as I was planning to do so... because I would go frikking ape ****.

I don't care how many people are trying to play, how many ordered or what ... I feel genuinely cheated. I cannot even cancel my order as digital orders have no right to return or refund (as it is a digital download). What a joke that is?!

Gorman

Author Level
Truth is Blizazrd took my money and I still I haven't received the activation key... that bloody thing still says Order Status: Queued. That is now over 14 hours after I paid for it!

I am so happy I did not take a day off to play this game... as I was planning to do so... because I would go frikking ape ****.

I don't care how many people are trying to play, how many ordered or what ... I feel genuinely cheated. I cannot even cancel my order as digital orders have no right to return or refund (as it is a digital download). What a joke that is?!

Come and drink beer in the sun and play with my dog instead then. He still doesnt know what polish people taste like.

Rakk

The Awesome

To be honest I'm not entirely surprised there has been some teething troubles, there was a lot of hype, many people have been waiting for years for the next Diablo game, so I was expecting chaos on release :)
The fact that your order saying 'queued' may just mean they had so many to sort through that they haven't got through to you yet, or theres a problem and it hasn't been fixed yet, and unfortunately sometimes these things just happen :(

On a brighter note, I've just ordered it from Amazon, and most problems should be fixed/calmed down by the time I get it :)

Tracker

Enthusiast
I left my rig on over night to finish downloading.. but woke up with 700mb of 7.8gb left to go! >.< Not that I'm going to get to play it anytime soon at any rate.. T.T

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I still don't fully understand the extent at which people complain at everything when it comes to things like this. Diablo 3 Open Beta STRESS TEST "OMG BLIZZARD YOU SUCK WHY CANT I GET ON WHATS POINT IF I CANT TRY THE GAME" - It's not a demo, its for the developers to stress test.

Diablo 3 gets released, literally millions more people bought it than Blizzard predicted, one of the most anticipated games to date... ever, and everyone wonders why ****s going wrong. It's Blizzard, one of the biggest development companies in the world, the same company who doesn't release a game if they don't like the way it is, even if it means potentially wasting money so they obviously aren't going to release it if they know things are broken. Don't get me wrong, no developer is perfect but give it a break, obviously the servers can handle a large amount of players, but that only works when people progressively log in, and not when 4 million people at once try to get on.

Despite problems and having to play American servers for the most part of yesterday, I'm not going to QQ about it because at the end of the day life goes on, if your that bothered about it email Blizzard and no doubt they probably will refund you.

P.S. I personally did buy it through Battle.net and got it instantly, sorry to hear your having problems.

mishra

Rising Star
Look, if that kind of problems are during Open Beta.. fair enough I perfectly understand that.

But.. we are talking about the full game. That in fact has been released... hmm let me think almost 2 days ago?!!
I am not complaining about not being able to log in to servers .. I didn't even get that far. My problem is with buying the product for god's sake. They took my money but activation code is nowhere to be seen!

PayPal, ebay or amazon .. are taking hundreds times more orders EVERY day, and they can cope just fine.

Also, you know, Blizzard is not some start-up company... they have been on the market for years. WoW experience should have taught them a lesson... obviosuly it didnt! They knew exactly how many players will get the game. They knew exactly that their system will be overloaded! Are you trying to tell me their servers are simply not up to the job?!

According to you.. how long some of us have to wait to get it? Few days, a week? Screw that... if they had problems with processing the orders, they should block the system in first place, so that people would not be able to raise the order in first place.

I really do not understand why people are defending such practices! It's a rip off in daylight. Offcourse we cannot do anything about it. We will wait, and we will get it at some point... but it is very frustrating that company of such size, and resources are having such amateur issues!

Come and drink beer in the sun and play with my dog instead then. He still doesnt know what polish people taste like.

heheh didn't know you have a dog.. good stuff. Dude I am moving this Friday to my new house. So I can either come and "play with your dog" in your place after my move... or you are free to visit me in my new place... and yeah I would love beer and sun... and bbq :)

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its good business (it's not). eBay & PayPal's servers are designed to take a mass of traffic... however, there traffic isn't a million people at once, and what I'm trying to tell you is that it's all well and good having a server with enough capacity (which they obviously will) but servers can't cope when there is a silly amount of people all at the same time trying to get access, couple this with the fact that all of Battle.net is linked together using the same servers for multiple services then you get your self a problem, and I can understand that you're feeling pretty ****ed about the whole ordeal, which leads me to my previous point in that complaining to us won't solve anything, however phoning Blizzard customer support probably would (just because its a digital copy doesn't mean it can't be refunded when it hasn't even been processed yet.)

mishra

Rising Star
Yeah I know, complaining is not going to help. Just feeling a bit cheated by all this.

Waited so long for this game. Wanted to get hard copy version as I like collecting blizzard game boxes (I'm just sad - have all previous WoW, Starcrafts, etc...) but since it was sold out in Leeds, decided well maybe it's time to move on and just get a digital copy. So that's what I did. Paid over £10 more for digital copy (as surprisingly hard copy is cheaper through shops like HMV) - just to find out it is not that simple with Blizzard. So not only, I don't have a hard copy edition, I also paid more for it and at the end I cannot play anyway. Madness ^^

I'm just going to get myself armor of patience... and hmm that's about as much as I can do atm.

ps. I could call them... but if they are so "busy" with online purchases.. their phone support going to be like on 3 days wait time... so no thanks, I'm just gonna wait. Also I am pretty sure there is no way of getting a refund on digital copy - checked on their FAQ :(

marvir

Enthusiast
Also I am pretty sure there is no way of getting a refund on digital copy - checked on their FAQ :(
I think as long as you haven't used the activation code, there's always the chance that you could get a refund. I kinda wish I could get a refund now.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Hey mishra, was wondering if your order has processed yet, I only ask because obviously mine processed instantly around 4pm on Tuesday (Release day) and my brother also had an instant process a few hours ago (around 10pm Thursday).

If your still waiting it is either a bug in the system or a problem on your banks end (hope this helps).

Status
Not open for further replies.