diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakk

The Awesome
Oooo, I've been wondering if I'd like this game, it looks cool from the stuff I've seen but this should give me a nice chance to try it :) and make sure I don't get stuck after 5 mins (no, I haven't previously played diablo 1 or 2).

I don't mind it not being available til 8ish anyways, I dont get back from work til 5:30 and I'll have time to get dinner before downloading it.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, I tried it out over the weekend, and quite enjoyed it (ignoring the logging in issues that were kinda expected given it was a stress testing exercise).
Anyone else try it and what did you think of it?

The only thing I'm not sure about is how long it would keep me occupied for, I'd want it for single player, I don't really want to go play with other people, I've got EQ2 for that :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Played it over the weekend as well and i must say i enjoyed it alot. Ive been hearing alot of talk about how its dumbed down, graphics arent good etc etc. But to me it is just Diablo. It was never meant to be overly complicated.

Will definately be getting this on release day. Have pre-ordered it from Amazon. Will not pre-purchase it from Battle.net because i think the cost is ridiculous.

mishra

Rising Star
Lucky you... I spent whole Saturday trying to install the bloody thing. First it was stuck on Updating... then it was trowing me loads of errors, next after uninstalling everything + re downloading again from scratch it was just stuck on same installation error. Wasted hours ... and frikking gave up!

I would expect Blizzard will fix at least the "installation" issues, especially when release is just round the corner. I have to say ... I am not happy at all... was waiting for this beta so long... and could not play!

Ehh.. will play the full release hopefully without any problems.

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
The weekend beta access was just for stress testing. Blizz basicaly gave out thousands of keys then capped the server limit to test how well it would cope etc. I still spent ages trying to get in though, didn't happen. :(

Anyways, I played Diablo 2 for almost 4 years pre-patch 1.10 (before they ruined the secret cow level) and now i'm dying in anticipation waiting for Diablo 3 to be released!.. It will probably consume every moment of my spare time for many years to come, just like Diablo 2 did.. and i can't wait :)

Rakk

The Awesome
The weekend beta access was just for stress testing. Blizz basicaly gave out thousands of keys then capped the server limit to test how well it would cope etc. I still spent ages trying to get in though, didn't happen. :(

Yeah, I know I had to try quite a few times whenever I wanted to play, but I did always get through - though this was to be expected on a stress testing weekend.

I had no problems installing it whatsoever, the only issue I had was trying to figure out how to get it to work cos I needed to set it to the American servers to play the Beta

Finn

Enthusiast
I had a few problems but still managed to get in and play quite a bit.

I have to say my initial reactions proved right, it seems more designed for co-op than it does for single player (some of the characters seem to require a tank to be effective), and even though it was a stress test, lag in single-player is extremely frustrating.

I have zero interest in co-op or online play and wanted it solely as a single-player game, I think i'm going to give it a miss.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Just wondering for those who are getting this game, how you intend to play it.

Solo first, then co-op. Solo first through the difficulty settings, then a different class type etc?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Pretty much solo if I am honest. I might dabble in co-op with a friend thats getting it, but I still see Diablo as a SP dungeon crawler RPG...so that's how i'll play it :D

Deklore

Bright Spark
Yknow ive always seen Diablo as a solo game too, but i seen a developer interview and they said they've always seen it as an online game. Not sure if they're only saying this now cos of the complaints if it being "always online". But i just wondered if i was an exception who didnt really do diablo co-op.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I personally never really played much CO-OP on D2, I just used to PvP and play single player for actual normal playing however I dont think that made the online any less significant. I see D3 very much as an online game because after all it is basically a drop in drop out system.

clancy2k

Bronze Level Poster
Diablo 3 was built for co-op play. I never played D2 in solo, it's just lonely and boring playing it by yourself.

mishra

Rising Star
That's the beauty of Diablo, can be played in many ways and is equally satisfying. Hope, d3 will live up to its name... and will entertain me at least half what the previous parts did.

I'm buying game regardless or reviews and stuff. There is something about Diablo that tick all the right boxes for a really nice game + magic story line and cinematics.

marvir

Enthusiast
I'm probably going to download unless Blizzard removes the real money auction house thing. I want to play the game but I refuse to support that type of change to any game, it will do nothing but ruin the gaming scene for all eternity.

I absolutely hate the auction house thing... But to be honest, you can play without ever having to use it.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Has anyone been able to install it yet? I read (and think my maths worked right) that we could do so from about 4pm (I know its not there yet, but never know :) ).

Will try and stick it on install when i get home and see...might try and play at launch, or just wait til tomorrow afternoon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.