diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorman

Author Level
Enjoy

This video contains swearing and impotent geek rage, be warned.

[video=youtube_share;GsqUZkmO-zk]http://youtu.be/GsqUZkmO-zk[/video]

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Should have told him you have been tasked by an angel to vanquish the lords of Hell...I mean if that isn't worth a half day, what is?!

marvir

Enthusiast
Haha. I kinda wish I could get a refund.. And wait for Torchlight 2 instead. :p It's hard to find time to play it, and when I do, there's something wrong with the servers (like majority of yesterday). Finally got to log in, but it was so laggy, there was no point in playing. I checked the forums as well and saw loads more had the same problem, so it wasn't just me and my crap internet. Sigh.

Should've stuck to my guns: Speak with my wallet..

Deklore

Bright Spark
Have to say im enjoying this game ALOT. Ive clocked over 30hrs on it so far and had lag issues exactly once. Also couldnt get on yesterday afternoon as the servers were down a couple of hours. But apart from that ive been able to log in with no problems and no lag every single time - Yes even on launch day.

NOTE - i live in a rural area with crappy broadband.

marvir

Enthusiast
Yeah I live in a rural area too.. There have been differences in opinion, 3 of my friends suffer lag, and they got fast broadband. 1 or 2 others have had almost 0 problems, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Blizzard have kind of screwed up with the whole always online thing.

Stepping away from that though, it's not as engaging as Diablo 1 or 2 was. At the moment I've only found the barbarian and monk interesting enough to play. To me, it feels like a Diablo clone, and not actually Diablo.

That's me though, my friends absolutely love it. Although we're all in unison about the always online thing. Oh well.

Deklore

Bright Spark
I think if your into co-op play then Diablo works really well with the quick join option and stuff like that. kinda like they geared it almost away from solo and towards multi play.

My experience so far is that the auction house has completely rendered the blacksmith and to an extent the jeweler useless. The disappointhing thing is i didnt realise this until i had ploughed thousands of gold into lvling up both of these.

marvir

Enthusiast
I got to play decently yesterday actually, and although I still feel the same about the game as a whole, it was much more fun with the things I killed died when I hit them, and not moments later haha. I've heard people said that if they generally just level 1 up as it's way too expensive.. Although, where do the people get the gear they sell to the auction house though? Is it the case where the gear you get as loot from killing things is much better than anything you could ever craft?

Deklore

Bright Spark
Well for me, before i discovered the auction house the loot that i found was ALWAYS better than anything the blacksmith could make of the same level. If i wanted something better from him then it would have a higher level requirement which kinda defeated the purpose.

There are a few reasons i think there is such good gear on the AH.

1. There are many people who play this co-op and invest in 1 blacksmith or jeweler. So you have 4 resources pouring into 1 investment.
2. Some people do magic runs. i.e. put on all their magic find gear and farm.
3. You have hunderds of thousands of people playing D3, all the good gear is bound to surface, especially when that person using the gear has found something better as they level up.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
The blacksmith isn't useless, for example crafting plans, get the plans to craft set gear, either farm the mats, or buy the mats on the AH and sell the gear for higher = profit.

I personally haven't really had any problems with the whole online thing, day release I had to play on American servers and the other day I did again because the servers went down for a few hours to be fixed, apart from that though its been a smooth experience ( I have 30Mb Virgin Media btw). Even if I had problems, i'm happy its online because it stops hacked characters & gear (Anyone who actually played D2 online knows what I'm talking about) and when you have something like an Auction House, more specifically an auction house that uses real money, that needs to be avoided at all costs, also when the bring in the PvP arena, you couldnt have modded gear / characters or it would again destroy the game and inevitably all the problems will be sorted out relatively soon.

Deklore

Bright Spark
The blacksmith isn't useless, for example crafting plans, get the plans to craft set gear, either farm the mats, or buy the mats on the AH and sell the gear for higher = profit.

Isnt that at high level though? If it is then i stick by my statement. For the most part of the game when you are going through the difficulty levels you are better of not investing in the blacksmith. You would get better bang for your buck searching gear on the auction house.

Rakk

The Awesome
Isnt that at high level though? If it is then i stick by my statement. For the most part of the game when you are going through the difficulty levels you are better of not investing in the blacksmith. You would get better bang for your buck searching gear on the auction house.
I thought the auction house used real money though, whereas leveling the blacksmith/jeweler etc uses ingame money - or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
I know I don't want to use real money!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
AH uses both Rakky :) You are still able to continue in the usual MMO vein of spending shiny golds at the AH, but there is also the option of using RM (or indeed making RM!...this will not happen for 99% of players, guaranteed :D )

Deklore

Bright Spark
The in-game gold auction house has been available since launch. The real money auction house still isnt live yet. I believe the going live date for that is next tuesday (29th).

Kalisnoir

Super Star

To an extent your right, however if you've completed atleast Normal you'll realize getting Gold isn't a problem :p

marvir

Enthusiast
I kept salvaging my unwanted magical loot at first.. Realize now I don't really need that much. I've only just hit level 16 or something, can only play in short bursts, and when it's not laggy. Tried the auction house the first time too. The in-game gold thing is a good idea. Just wish they kept real money out of it.

Once I get my new laptop (should get it tomorrow!) and I can find another retailer of D3 I'm getting one for my girlfriend. Should be fun arguing through a video game for a change.

D

Deleted member 17413

I'm probably going to download unless Blizzard removes the real money auction house thing. I want to play the game but I refuse to support that type of change to any game, it will do nothing but ruin the gaming scene for all eternity.

This boy is psychic!

D3 SUCKED ASS... *shudders* and not in a good way!
I'm going to stop myself before i go into a rant about how they failed on every promise made, pawned off a beta standard game and totally screwed items and storylines and content and....*stops himself*

Rakk

The Awesome
Please do not necro threads that are nearly a year old!
PS. I'm closing this thread.
PPS. I liked D3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.