How fast is your internet according to Speed Test?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
from this

1231133978.png

to this

1595484721.png

it's soo slow :'( :'(

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
38Mbs DL and 2.5Mb/s here with the new VDSL service on the Isle of Man. They are currently exploring 100meg speeds :D

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Im on BT up to 10mb deal

I have an 8mb line

I only get 6.7mb down and 0.3mb up

terrible...........

to Sony servers i get 4.0~mb down and 0.2-0.3up

oh and the only game I play is from a server ~5500 miles away!

local ping 50ms, ping to game server 200ms.......................................

LegendMo

Paying for "UP TO" 50 Mbps

1596044590.png

I got same speed when I pinged a server in Sweden.:turned:

Hate to sound like a salesman here but I've seen no better ISP than Virgin- perhaps soon others will catch up with BT upgrading the wiring system in placed from copper to Fibre. Every since Telewest times when I use to pay for 4 Mbps i'd get 3.91-4.02 Mbps. :turned:

Attachments

• 1596044590.png
    1596044590.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 206

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
well am on 10mb but my new pc has the worse internet connection ever(wireless), so ill post what i got on this and later ill post what i get on my laptop. also in peak time at the moment so am capped :(

<---- good day at peak time

<---- changed server to where i live and wow!

^^ both pc

Last edited:

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
I live in a rural area on a small island. All nearby houses are mostly elderly so get the majority of speed from the exchange.
Our ISP are looking into 100Mbs connections too - can't wait!

Unfortunately I have to ping to the UK though to take the test :/

MadMan

Super Star
Just wondering, but why would you pay for up to 30Mb when you are only getting 2.52Mb on your current 10Mb package? Won't you still only get 2.52Mb regardless of what package you are on, if that's all your line will support?

During the day its on 9-10mb but around 5pm it drops to 2mb. I think its peak times are whatever excuse they have.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
At peak time, I couldn't connect to my online game on my PS3

I did a speed test on the PS3

0.4mb download

0.04mb upload

I'm not even kidding you, I must have the picture somewhere.....

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What I had...

and now

New connection done today...according to the BT engineer, he old me mum that it will get better over the next 2 weeks as it settles down.

(The previous speedtest was ethernet, the new one is on wireless...git moved the homehub out of my cable's reach!)