How fast is your internet according to Speed Test?

vasu34

hi all your speed results seems to be good .i test the speed of my internet in many sites . i got the best result from here ip-details
my results are
download=1.09Kbps
upload=0.87Kbps
friends kindly guide me some tips to increase my speed.i complained to my provider many times but yet no improvement.

vasu34

hi all your speed results seems to be good .i test the speed of my internet in many sites . i got the best result from here ip-details
my results are
download=1.09Kbps
upload=0.87Kbps
friends kindly guide me some tips to increase my speed.i complained to my provider many times but yet no improvement.

Badgerhunter

Bronze Level Poster
my results are
download=1.09Kbps
upload=0.87Kbps

1.09kbps?? HOW DO YOU LIVE? companies that give you that bad a service are usually the one that don't care about their customers so don't expect to get any help from them unless they have something to lose. Just say to your provider your leaving and they might look into it and if they don't its best to just change provider.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hmm well now I wish id kept the screenshot of the one from my last job lol, wqould make everyone look well rubbish haha :p, seem to remember download of about 110MB/s and upload of about 70MB/s but then it is one of the biggest computer companies int he world.

Currently (and ill take a screenie tomorrow since im not on pc) getting download of 46 and upload of 26 at work

At home my internet is crap lol, about 6 download 2 upload.

Corfate

Author Level
I feel inadequate..
1448640083.png

Unwina

Silver Level Poster
1449248631.png

45839593.png

I did these virtually one after the other I'm guessing there is a bit of overload as the pings on both seem way out compared to each other.

the speedtest did match up with what bt speedtester said as well though and for BT broadband that is actually the defacto tester.

a few days ago I was getting over 16M so things are a bit slower at the moment it is 8:50 though. I am on the 20M service.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well just did a test, 63.58 down and 29.02 up with a ping of 2ms lol.

I would have posted the png file up however the place I work is its own ISP and so it shows my workplace bottom left of the image lol.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
either way its great, especially for uploading youtube vids, i get under 2mb so its really slow!!!

you could probably download a popular 50GB torrent in a few hours if you are not on virgin who will just cut your speeds to a fraction of what it was

PotDucky

Bronze Level Poster
1317940474.png

46071820.png

Luckily the area I live in isn't really affected by peak times so i get this 90% of them time :)

And also the package I'm on with virgin doesn't have the Traffic management rules applied

Last edited:

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Omg, you guys are all soo lucky, I've just got and average of 80ping. 2.8download an 0.85 upload :(

vasu34

hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

Last edited: