Is Day Z worth getting ?

dangro474

Bright Spark
to be honest, there is alot of complaining on the dayz forums, but I aint ran into many problems at all, or what i did run into seem to have been fixed. The loading time has been decreased, so its not as frustrating as it was a few weeks ago.

Sure there is still the problem of players logging out and "hopping" into other servers, or "alt-f4'in", but rocket has started collecting data about these things, how often people log out etc etc.

Hacking is apparently a problem on busier servers, but this can this be helped as the mod is tied to Arma II and stuck with battleye? i dunno nothing about hacking lol, so aint really got much of an opinion of it. haha

It certainly is getting a lot better patch by patch, and i'm really looking forward to the final release. I would certainly be willing to pay for it!

Still until they address server hopping, not touching it ><

Viper

Gold Level Poster
awww fudge, a zed broke my bloody leg!

I logged in and was in a house, some random player walked in and swung a hatchet at me ! didnt even know you could use them as a weapon and needless to say i popped him in the head >.>

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I logged in and was in a house, some random player walked in and swung a hatchet at me ! didnt even know you could use them as a weapon and needless to say i popped him in the head >.>

you murderer! hahahah nice one mate :) I hope he had some good loot mate, remember to check him AND his back pack!

I managed to survive as I randomly found some magic morphine. Been cutting around berenzino today, was about 30 guys on the server, I didnt run into a single player! which am glad about :)

Fear

Prolific Poster

If you click on the hatchet in your inventory you can equip it in your primary weapon slot but you have to hit the reload key after you exit the inventory to be able to use it (oh don't do that if you have picked up a primary unless you have put it in your backpack as you may lose it)

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
It's pretty shady that they can just walk right through a closed door and then once they're inside, they miraculously become semi-civilized and stop running.

Fear

Prolific Poster
It's pretty shady that they can just walk right through a closed door and then once they're inside, they miraculously become semi-civilized and stop running.

Yeah but it's only fair as sometimes they come through the walls :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey all

I bloody love this game/mod

I was crawling around Berenzino today, after heading to the hospital and supermarket, crawling back down the hill on the west side of town towards the apartments near the lower supermarket, avoiding the zeds as I go along. Then heard "tap tap tap tap tap" sounded like a semi automatic weapon, went to investigate.

The first building I came to, no one there, kept searching slowly, I knew he was close, so kept creeping, walked around another building (one that couldn't be entered) spotted him, he was crouched by a building in a camo suit, (one of them crap wooden huts) At that point I went back on myself and came up behind him and bam! I fired my M4A1 the guy took over half a mag, he slowly turned around, fired a shot with his M24 but it missed, and dropped to the floor! For some reason it was pretty delayed though. Of course I looted him, camo clothes, but I couldn't take them as he was wearing them, alice pack, M24, PDW, some food,coke the usual stuff, I didn't take the M24 as its not my style, stole some food, coke and morphine though.

I then left his body there, just in case someone else came across it He may have returned, but it would have been a long trip from the south coast, by that point I was long gone!

I have to admit though, I could physically feel my heart pounding I was so excited stalking and murdering a dirty sniper!!! If only he wasn't blatting of rounds at zed's he'd still be alive!

Tom

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Went to find a friend who had spawned on the western side of the south coast, We all had AK's and M4's so we thought we'd be pretty safe. We finally find him near a warehouse and all of a sudden this guy comes running up to us asking if we are friendly.

So he seems like a nice guy and we start talking to him and helping him, add him to our skype call and what not and then all of a sudden in the distance we hear this helicopter my mate with his M4 had stayed back slightly to make sure nobody snuck up on us and he says this heli is incoming to us pretty fast... All of sudden shots ring out and 3 of us drop dead

Turns out the guy who seemed to be harmless and helpless was bait and had called his friends over the minute he found us and saw we had weapons. Luckily my mate was smart enough to quickly abort the server before he lost all his weapons and stuff

We were very trusting of strangers on DayZ but after today we've all said that if we dont know the person and they aren't in our skype call its shoot first & ask questions later. If they are unarmed or appear to be unarmed we might be a little bit less trigger happy but yeah even if someone so much as reached for the phone I'd shoot them at this point

The mod is good and its well worth playing, you'll find yourself sinking hours into it and not even realising but on the other hand it can be really upsetting and frustrating when you spend hours getting really good stuff only to have some jackass kill you for nothing

MrWillis

I've just got Arma II, do you actually need Operation Arrowhead to play this? Would rather avoid paying £15 just for the mod..

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
We have a camp setup guys or at least we are getting one setup in the process, We intend to have a bunch of weapons and vehicles, if you are interested in joining us let us know... Anyone who is not part of our group and does not identify themselves will be shot & survivors will be shot again on sight if they approach our camp

Fear

Prolific Poster
We have a camp setup guys or at least we are getting one setup in the process, We intend to have a bunch of weapons and vehicles, if you are interested in joining us let us know... Anyone who is not part of our group and does not identify themselves will be shot & survivors will be shot again on sight if they approach our camp

I'll meet up with you and whoever else is in your group and see how it works out.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
I'd like to to, but I'd have no idea how to find you lol

Currently we are north of the north-west airfield, because I dont quite know everybody here I'm not willing to disclose my group's location in public... I'm sure you can understand this what with all the time we've been betrayed and killed by random strangers

If you add me on skype Jiyuu we will be on tomorrow during the day

Group currently consists of:

Keenhail (me)
Jonny
ThomasM
Fear
Drunken Monkey
Benjamin
Nyghtfang
Amn351a

Jiyuu

Silver Level Poster
Currently we are north of the north-west airfield, because I dont quite know everybody here I'm not willing to disclose my group's location in public... I'm sure you can understand this what with all the time we've been betrayed and killed by random strangers

If you add me on skype Jiyuu we will be on tomorrow during the day

Group currently consists of:

Keenhail (me)
Jonny
ThomasM
Fear
Drunken Monkey
Benjamin
Nyghtfang
Amn351a

That's fair enough, but I don't have a Skype. I wouldn't even know how to find the North West Airfield anyway.

edit -

I have a question for you all I forgot to ask.

You know when you press the ?/ key it lets you type in a message and it appears on the left side of the screen, well I've never seen anyone type anything back to me. Does it only work within a certain radius of other players? or is it something from Arma II that isn't supported in dayz?

Last edited: